Black Nurse Who Was Told By Racist To Not Touch Baby Settles Lawsuit

Sep 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOne

Tonya Battle , an African-American nurse at the Hurley Medical Center in Flint, Mich., settled a lawsuit with the hospital, after administrators allowed a racist to stop her, and other Black nurses, from providing care, according to MyFoxDetroit .

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of170
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“never a dull moment in”

Since: Mar 11

Sharpsville Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
<quoted text>.....if I were in hospital I would def object to being touched by kneegro nurses......
I don't mind YT nurses or chink nurses.......but not kneegro nurses.....
If you were having a heart attack would it be ok for a black nurse to do CPR to save your life? OR if you take a blood tranfusion you don't whether it came from a white person or black person so would you refuse? OR if you are very sick in a hospital and you must have life saving medicines to be administered the right amount at the right time would you refuse them if a black nurse offered them to you?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

If I was black nurse would have looked at parent smiled and said,.,.....HOPE YOUR KKK LITTLE BABY DIES...BYE NAZI. and walked away.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Every single one of us are going to have to answer for all our actions, including our comments on this little forum as well, one day . . .

“never a dull moment in”

Sharpsville Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Masud would rather die than let a black nurse touch
his mangy a*s I imagine any nurse, if they had their preferences, would simple let his sorry carcass die and the maggots take over.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

the hospital administration must have handled the situation with the nurse in a humiliating way. they should have simply told her to not bother with that particular baby instead of acting like they were trying to protect the parents racist interest.

“never a dull moment in”

Sharpsville Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

dragonpat wrote:
the hospital administration must have handled the situation with the nurse in a humiliating way. they should have simply told her to not bother with that particular baby instead of acting like they were trying to protect the parents racist interest.
It's sad Hospital Admin wanted the easy way out catering to a racist
the customer,in this case, the patient is not always right,Hospital admin should have told the racist to take a hike.
John

Metairie, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Kola_Koca wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes one to know one ;)
If I was a racist then I'd say you're right....good to meet an openly avowed black racist though...very refreshing

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
If I was black nurse would have looked at parent smiled and said,.,.....HOPE YOUR KKK LITTLE BABY DIES...BYE NAZI. and walked away.
I think the baby is truly better off dead than having those abusive parent fill it full of hate and racism.
Klaus666

Barrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

I would not have allowed some ugly, evil, nasty affirmative action shoboon to lay its' paws on my child, either. All of the evil, n!@@er c*nts should be covered in tar, and burned to death!

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

If you don't want the services non-whites, don't go to a public facility. There are home births, racist mid-wives, etc., that this couple could have used. Or as one poster stated, have her cubs at home or at a vet's office. Simple.....
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the baby is truly better off dead than having those abusive parent fill it full of hate and racism.
True...I think there should be a law any parent teaching children hate racism and bigotry should lose those kids.

“never a dull moment in”

Sharpsville Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

bappie wrote:
If you don't want the services non-whites, don't go to a public facility. There are home births, racist mid-wives, etc., that this couple could have used. Or as one poster stated, have her cubs at home or at a vet's office. Simple.....
Good morning Bappie this thread doesn't surprise me racists are completely void of any common sense hell will be full of these types.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

bappie wrote:
True.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
True...I think there should be a law any parent teaching children hate racism and bigotry should lose those kids.
I agree because it is really a form of child abuse. I am just appalled that a hospital would actually support these racist goons in their prejudice.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>

What that hospital did with that African American nurse was wrong.

That hospital definitely did error. That is why the hospital had to pay out money to Tonya Battle.

What you are advocating for looks good on the surface. But (With all due respect), it is going down a very slippery slope. It would set a very bad precedent.

It violates Americans freedom of speech.

It violates peoples rights in their respective homes.

Who would decide what is "racism"? Or not?

What may be considered racist to people who have left wing political beliefs. May not be considered racist to people who have Right wing political beliefs.

What you are advocating for, deals with speech in peoples homes.

What you are advocating for, deals with the curtailment of peoples speech in their own homes.

Deals with peoples "thoughts" in their respective homes.

It is going down a very slippery slope. Setting a very bad precedent.

What you are advocating for, is akin to what a dicatorship might do.

The United States is not a dictatorship.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Huh ----

What you are advocating for looks good on the surface. But, it is going down a very slippery slope. It would set a VERY bad precendent.----

Who would be deciding what constitutes "racism" in a household?

The people who are deciding which parent(s) are preaching racism, there could be political overtones involved.

What could end up happening, is that politically left wing African American leaders or activists could get their children taken away.

I point this out, because what you are advocating for looks good on the surface. But, in operation, it is going down a very slippery slope. It would set a VERY bad precedent.

It is violating freedom of speech in the United States.

It is violating peoples rights in their respective homes.

The government taking away peoples children because of what their parents say.---- That is WAY too drastic.

That is akin to what a dictatorship would do.

ptbw forever

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Kola_Koca wrote:
<quoted text>
What genitals? All whites are born with a vagina. Males barely grow stubs in adulthood ;)
I am guessing you would know because you are one of those aforementioned colored nurses...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

It violates Americans freedom of speech.
It violates peoples rights in their respective homes.
Who would decide what is "racism"? Or not?
Not really. The freedom of speech is not valid in all areas or circumstances. You can't yell falsely yell fire in a public establishment causing panic nor can you make threats or falsely declared some place will be bombed. Children can't even get away with it without facing charges. Teaching your children racism when he/she has to live in the world among many different races of people, should be viewed as form of child abuse.
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
What may be considered racist to people who have left wing political beliefs. May not be considered racist to people who have Right wing political beliefs.
What you are advocating for, deals with speech in peoples homes.
What you are advocating for, deals with the curtailment of peoples speech in their own homes.
People can't just do anything just because they are in their homes. And if the speech is damaging to the young minds of children it should be against the law whether it's being taught in their homes or not.
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>

Deals with peoples "thoughts" in their respective homes.
It is going down a very slippery slope. Setting a very bad precedent.
What you are advocating for, is akin to what a dicatorship might do.
I don't feel that she is supporting a dictatorship but come on each and every society has rules that must be followed and forms of conduct that are not tolerated.
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Capree wrote:
Not really. The freedom of speech is not valid in all areas or circumstances. You can't yell falsely yell fire in a public establishment causing panic nor can you make threats or falsely declared some place will be bombed. Children can't even get away with it without facing charges. Teaching your children racism when he/she has to live in the world among many different races of people, should be viewed as form of child abuse.
<quoted text>
People can't just do anything just because they are in their homes. And if the speech is damaging to the young minds of children it should be against the law whether it's being taught in their homes or not.
<quoted text>
I don't feel that she is supporting a dictatorship but come on each and every society has rules that must be followed and forms of conduct that are not tolerated.
I'm sorry....but not everybody wants to live with kneegros........I kno I sure as ph**k don't.......

I don't like the way u look, smell, behave etc..........

“never a dull moment in”

Sharpsville Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

SadButTrue wrote:
<quoted text>MACEO
You were married and chased WW for decades only to end up with nothing! You even wronged the WW you married who you said "WAs perfect" and far superior than BW!
Your IMPOTENT from HB pressure and Diabetes Type 1 there's a good chance you won't find any woman! lmao
You reaped what you've sown from being selfish and self centered!
That's why it "Pays" to treat your Wife right and others rather than to just look out for yourself!
Have you ever listen to Audrey Chapman on WHUR?
She tells old Black men all the time to stop treating women wrong and being trifling less you don't have any caretakes when you need them the most!
You'll die alone without any help because of PRIDE, SELFISH AND CENTERED BEHAVIORS!
EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU! WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE LIKE A BABY BOY WEAK MAN!
BYE BYE GO DIE MACEO!
NOBODY CARES ABOUT A SELFISH, SELF CENTERED ARROGANT MAN THAT ONLY THINKS OF HIMSELF!
BYE BYE GO DIE MACEO!
Are you having delusions I don't have diabetes or high blood pressure and I'm definitely not impotent

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of170
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••