Black Nurse Who Was Told By Racist To...

Black Nurse Who Was Told By Racist To Not Touch Baby Settles Lawsuit

There are 167 comments on the NewsOne story from Sep 29, 2013, titled Black Nurse Who Was Told By Racist To Not Touch Baby Settles Lawsuit. In it, NewsOne reports that:

Tonya Battle , an African-American nurse at the Hurley Medical Center in Flint, Mich., settled a lawsuit with the hospital, after administrators allowed a racist to stop her, and other Black nurses, from providing care, according to MyFoxDetroit .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOne.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#41 Oct 1, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
I have found some of the best nurses are BW very caring and very professional the guy who filed the lawsuit has got to be a real dumbass
The black nurse who was humiliated and discriminated against by her own employers who were catering to the racist couple filed the lawsuit and hospital had to settled with her, the black nurse.

“racists are funny”

Since: Mar 11

Columbus Ohio

#43 Oct 2, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
The black nurse who was humiliated and discriminated against by her own employers who were catering to the racist couple filed the lawsuit and hospital had to settled with her, the black nurse.
I can't imagine anybody being so completely void of any common sense than that racist. Why would anyone object to a nurse touching their baby and who in their right mind would care?She went to school to become a nurse and some brainless ahole won't let her do her job and the hospital sides with him?I'm glad she sued she done the right thing.

Location hidden

#45 Oct 2, 2013
Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
<quoted text>I don't c how she waz humiliated or discriminated.........the parents simply expressed the desire that their baby not b handled by kneegros........
......it would b similar if they expressed the wish that the baby not b handled by someone with red hair.......
First off she is or has never been a Knee-gro you idiot which isn't even the feminine term. The hospital isolated her from the rest of their white staff based on race how else is she supposed to feel than obstructed her from doing her job temporarily by moving her to another department, all to appease racists. That's something that no creditable establishment should do.

Location hidden

#46 Oct 2, 2013
Correction then not than.

Location hidden

#54 Oct 2, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>I can't imagine anybody being so completely void of any common sense than that racist. Why would anyone object to a nurse touching their baby and who in their right mind would care?She went to school to become a nurse and some brainless ahole won't let her do her job and the hospital sides with him?I'm glad she sued she done the right thing.
I completely agree and I am so glad the nurse just didn't let this blow by and that she demanded some satisfaction by suing. I really blame the hospital more then I blame those mentally disturb racist aholes because there are always going to be inhuman morons out here who don't want their baby touched by a person of another race or who even will kill their babies. But for a hospital that should be governed by laws and ethics, just to cowdown and adhere to those racist and discriminate against their own staff member really makes me boiling mad.

Location hidden

#55 Oct 2, 2013
-Black Famous- wrote:
Black women fighting to care for white babies.
Really black women???
Even through white people do not want you to care for their children, you got so offended that you filed a lawsuit. Smfh.
Aaw suffer from Stockholm syndrome.
They love their white daddies so much, that they don't mind being humiliated in the process.
You are joking right or are you really that stupid? She was fighting perform her duties which she went to college for and not be to be dictated by some racist clients. It had nothing to do with want to touch or change some white baby's shytty pampers. She wasn't humiliated by those racist lowlifes but by the Hospital's head administrators who listen to and gave this scum's racism credence. I am glad see sued.

Location hidden

#56 Oct 2, 2013
-Black Famous- wrote:
@ capree, whAt a lost for words to masad.
I was expecting better comebacks to the obvious low IQ masad. But look at you, tossing in the mud, can't even think of what to say.
What an embarrassment!
Why can't you insult masad?
Why can't you stereotype him like you love to do black men, you dumb monkey.
You're a typical slave girl, who behaves like white racists low IQ men like masad.
But can only say so much when the tables are turned at you.
Slave girl!
Shut the hell up! You fakeazz instigator.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#63 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>thats coz I'm only half white.......dozy c**n........
No wonder, mangina cu*t!
Mile

Zephyrhills, FL

#64 Oct 2, 2013
So you can collect money now for just hurt feelings. Can we also sue kneegrows who commit crimes and other acts of savagery?
proud blackandwhite

UK

#65 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>thats coz I'm only half white.......dozy c**n........
i dont think you're half whatever,i think you're a f*****arab........

Location hidden

#67 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>obviously the hospital waz trying to please everybody - they didn't want to upset the parents.....so they placed the kneegros on other duties - its not as if they stopped them working........
and y would kneegro nurses want to upset white parents by handling their baby, unless they r rayciss themselves - if not she would respect the wishes of the parents........
It's not up to the hospital to please anyone psycho, it's up to the hospital to uphold ethics and polices. They should have thrown that scum out on their azzes and told to go elsewhere.

Location hidden

#68 Oct 2, 2013
Burrito Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you prefer "boon" or "nighur sow"?
Hold on, azzwipe one ignorant racist at a time. I will [email protected]@te you later, punkazz.

Location hidden

#69 Oct 2, 2013
-Black Famous- wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you this STUPID to state that she was fighting for her right to care for someone who refuses this care based on her college degree.lmbao lmbao.
Are you really this Stupid or your level of Stockholm syndrome is over positive now.
How about she walking away and say, " oh well, good riddance" And then allow her pride and dignity to determine her strength.
You aaw are pathetic and show no form of class or dignity on so many levels, and so ready to lick any whites arse even if they reject you in so many ways.
The woman obviously sued because she was embarrassed. She felt insulted and humiliated and knew that she would have probably be the subject of discussion at the hospital.. so in other to feel good about herself and divert the attention she sued.
Sued for what?
Sued to care for white baby.
smh.
Have some pride in yourselves for once. And you wonder why blacks in the diaspora avoid you?
You really dumb if you think that nurse should just walk away and say oh after the hospital administrators discriminated against her plus publically humiliated her! I don't care nothing about some ignorant heck racists with nothing by their flat azzes trying to make themselves seem superior to blacks. They have no damn power! When they went to the hospital with their racism the hospital administrators should have no and it's not their policy to discriminate! Like it or go elsewhere! That hospital wrong for following racist rules and showing prejudice against the nurse but you think she should just take racism and swallow and keep on shuffling along, you whiteazzlicking Uncle Tom.

Can't you see that this hospital was dead wrong and best way to make them pay for what they did and not ever to do it again is through their pockets? Lets say you wife or female relative just had a child at that hospital. What if the racist parents would have extended their racist request to say that they didn't want your black baby in the same room with their child. You are looking in the widow at your son with all the other babies then you see nurses rushing to move your baby out of the window room to some little dinky room on another floor. You asked why and they tell their white patient and her husband don't want your child in the same room because he's black. Are you going show pride by saying ok and just walkaway?

Location hidden

#71 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>just becoz people don't wanna get down with kneegros doesn't make them scum........
I myself don't wanna get down with blax, and there's nothing wrong with that.......I won't b forced to associate with u people.....
What makes you think that black people want to with white scum or whoever that don't want them? That nurse worked there so if they didn't want her around their child they should have went elsewhere. That nurse should been humiliated by that hospital by having away from her normal area because of those racist.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#73 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>blax r ALWAYZ pokin your gorilla noses where you're not wanted...
....tryin to join clubs, and then when rejected screaming racism, going to court to force desegregated prisons and skools, moving into white neighbourhoods, trying to force your disgusting dl culture on others.........and then wondering y everybody hates u......
Just like you're sticking your monkey snout in AFAM. Why are you here you half-breed monkey-mutt?

Location hidden

#75 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>blax r ALWAYZ pokin your gorilla noses where you're not wanted...
....tryin to join clubs, and then when rejected screaming racism, going to court to force desegregated prisons and skools, moving into white neighbourhoods, trying to force your disgusting dl culture on others.........and then wondering y everybody hates u......
Can you possibly learn to speak and write proper English? I guess not you silverback.

“Shed so many tears”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#78 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>just becoz people don't wanna get down with kneegros doesn't make them scum........
I myself don't wanna get down with blax, and there's nothing wrong with that.......I won't b forced to associate with u people.....
Then why are you f''kn here!

“racists are funny”

Since: Mar 11

Columbus Ohio

#82 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>.....if I were in hospital I would def object to being touched by kneegro nurses......
I don't mind YT nurses or chink nurses.......but not kneegro nurses.....
If you were having a heart attack would it be ok for a black nurse to do CPR to save your life? OR if you take a blood tranfusion you don't whether it came from a white person or black person so would you refuse? OR if you are very sick in a hospital and you must have life saving medicines to be administered the right amount at the right time would you refuse them if a black nurse offered them to you?
Huh

Faribault, MN

#83 Oct 3, 2013
If I was black nurse would have looked at parent smiled and said,.,.....HOPE YOUR KKK LITTLE BABY DIES...BYE NAZI. and walked away.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#85 Oct 3, 2013
Every single one of us are going to have to answer for all our actions, including our comments on this little forum as well, one day . . .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nursing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Golisano gives $5 million for new Pediatric... Fri Humanspirit 13
News Man Wants Hospital to Remove Surgical Clip (Jan '08) Oct 19 9438 lol 273
nursing test banks Oct 18 digalieowjlama 1
News Electroconvulsive Therapy: Dartmouth clinic 'bu... Oct 16 Humanspirit 1
nursing test banks Oct 15 Topperknocker123123 1
News Comments Oct 10 Tupelo Reads 4
News Abortion: Forty years of the woman's right to c... (Nov '07) Oct 10 Pro Right To Choose 13
More from around the web