Black Nurse Who Was Told By Racist To Not Touch Baby Settles Lawsuit

Sep 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOne

Tonya Battle , an African-American nurse at the Hurley Medical Center in Flint, Mich., settled a lawsuit with the hospital, after administrators allowed a racist to stop her, and other Black nurses, from providing care, according to MyFoxDetroit .

Comments
1 - 20 of 170 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
William

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

What's the problem? The parents should have the right to say who gets to touch their baby. Black nurses have been known to steal white babies.

Google it!
Marsa M

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

LOL That is so true.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Tell that neanderthal to have her cubs in a forrest next time. Going to a public hospital requesting certain races touch her cub lmao she should have went to the vet.
Friends of the Kettle

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha..........I think u just described your entire race there bro........
....wotever kneegros say about others is true of themselves.......
First of all, you should learn how to spell English words correctly. It's incredibly ironic that you're from the UK, yet cannot structure sentences and words as indicated by standard spelling and grammar rules.

Secondly, it's painfully obvious by the language you use, if one can call it a language, that your intelligence quotient is far below what is considered "normal." Your penchant for name calling and violence shows how uneducated, unloved, and insecure you are and probably have been since you were young. Hell, you have yet to realize your disdain for people of color wasn't your decision. It's apparent that you've been sufficiently brain washed, and lack the capacity to find your way above it.

However, being a graduate of an Ivy League school and practitioner of Krav Maga, if you truly desire a violent exchange, I would love to make your acquaintance, but only if you can pass the basic math and reading skills test. I only fight people with an acceptable level of education and intelligence.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>thats becoz white babies r more valuable than n**glets........
They didn't steal you, impostor.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

why would you want to provide care for a racist anyway? we are too bent on proving we are ok to these people who are not worth the dirt beneath our shoes.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

well in this case, the racist's child! I would have left the baby alone.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Kola_Koca wrote:
Tell that neanderthal to have her cubs in a forrest next time. Going to a public hospital requesting certain races touch her cub lmao she should have went to the vet.
too funny! but I would not compare these peoples baby to a beautiful cub. just have your baby at home next time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Spoiled Brat wrote:
They have videotaped proof that colored nurses have been known to remove the diapers of & fondle the genitals of White male newborns in hospital nurseries.
What genitals? All whites are born with a vagina. Males barely grow stubs in adulthood ;)
YouIdiot

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
What's the problem? The parents should have the right to say who gets to touch their baby. Black nurses have been known to steal white babies.
Google it!
Are you on meth?!
YouIdiot

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Btchsmitty wrote:
She should stay away from those normal white babies.
You should get a lobotomy! Go ahead and Google it! lol
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Any black nurse who touches a white baby should be blackballed from the health care industry.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Nurse Tony Battles got justice because the only way to curtain such ignorance is to hit them(the hospital) where it counts which in the pocket! There will always be racist nut cases like those parents and thanks to the teachings the child is going to receive from it's ally cat trash parents, more than a black nurse's hands will be laid on it. Try a black fist, club or gun if it grows up. The hospital heads were dead wrong and stupid for following the parent's racist instructions against one of it's own staff which made the hospital party to discrimination and should have told them that the hospital has rules, either follow them or hit the highway. I think it's better for the baby to simply to die of SIDs than to be raced by parents like those.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Sorry that's raised not raced.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>shame on u....violent niccuz........
I fully support the parents right to choose who looks after their baby.........
maybe there should b kneegro hospitals for niccuz and non-blak hospitals for everybody else - and that way incidents like this can b avoided......
SIDs isn't violent, the baby would just pass in it's sleep. I think the parents and other racists like them should build their own hospital and leave everyone else alone but many racists probably are like yourself, just broke dirt poor trash.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

<quoted text>.....um..... fists, clubs and gunz is violent.......
in fact most people don't like to touch kneegros, even if they won't admit it becoz of pc.......i won 't even shake hands with kneegros nowadyas......but i'm allergic - so its a medical condition.......
A racist can be dealt with by other races other than blacks with fists, clubs and guns also. Now off with you and your silly remarks.
John

Metairie, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Kola_Koca wrote:
racist much?
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Warrington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

That something like this could happen in the 21st century is appalling! I remember when I was fifteen I was very ill and a black woman took care of me like I was her own child! I will never forget her kindness until my dying day!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

John wrote:
<quoted text>
racist much?
Takes one to know one ;)

“Two Horse Guy in a”

Since: Mar 11

One Horse Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

I have found some of the best nurses are BW very caring and very professional the guy who filed the lawsuit has got to be a real dumbass

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••