Man walking along Mass. interstate ki...

Man walking along Mass. interstate killed

There are 10 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 4, 2009, titled Man walking along Mass. interstate killed. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

State police say a man walking along Interstate 290 in Northborough has been struck and killed by a passing tractor-trailer. The victim, identified by police only as a 49-year-old man, was walking eastbound on the highway when he was struck at about 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

anonymous

Easthampton, MA

#1 Jun 4, 2009
Ouch, bad scene. prayers for all involved
Mass

Cranston, RI

#3 Jun 4, 2009
have you ever heard the quote "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" I think it applies here.... hope the family never sees what you wrote!
The Original Fed Up wrote:
Probably a suicide but wanted someone else to feel the pain in taking his life.
Hope the truck driver recovers well from his mental anguish.
Saw the accident

Haverhill, MA

#4 Jun 5, 2009
My Senior class were on our way home from six flags and saw the accident. me and a friend were looking out the back of the bus and saw the man jump infront of the truck. It was the worst thing i had ever seen in my life. We stopped about 60 yards infront of the body and were waiting there for about an hour before we could leave. I dont know why someone would want to take their life like that, but to do it in a place where a bunch of people can see it, exp kids, 2 busses of kids, is horrable. I do feel bad for the truck driver, and i hope he recovers from what happened because it was not his fault. I still in my head play what happened over and over and can not sleep.
Im sorry to the family of the man
annonymous

Worcester, MA

#5 Jun 6, 2009
That's just a terrible thing to say. I know the widow she is a good friend of mine and I just don't think he would have killed himself.
anon

Clinton, MA

#6 Jun 6, 2009
to annonymous Holden, have you spoken to her? I have not and my heart is breaking for her and J. Sadly, all accounts are pointing towards what we dont want to believe. SO very sad.
James Barbieri

East Greenwich, RI

#7 Jun 11, 2009
I am an insurance investigator assigned to this investigation. Can any of the witnesses please contact me at (866)406-9269. What is the name of the school bus Co that was on scene?
Another Kim

Lunenburg, MA

#8 Jun 12, 2009
James Barbieri wrote:
I am an insurance investigator assigned to this investigation. Can any of the witnesses please contact me at (866)406-9269. What is the name of the school bus Co that was on scene?
This insurance company is trying to get out of paying the death claim on his life insurance. Please don't call him with any information...
PC is BS

Germantown, MD

#9 Jun 14, 2009
Mass wrote:
have you ever heard the quote "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" I think it applies here.... <quoted text>
That is also coincidentally the credo of the press when covering Obama through the campaign and up to now.
Solive

Wakefield, MA

#10 Jul 1, 2009
I knew this man and his family. Great family. My prayers and deepest sympathys go out to them.
Mikhael Strausinavich

Worcester, MA

#11 Jul 3, 2009
Aw snap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Girl says firefighter raped her (Aug '06) Thu debra 983
hooters Thu Rocky rabbit 1
News Lawyer: Turkey arrested journalist to deter for... Sep 1 Jimmy 2
News Shrewsbury residents express fears about Hooter... Aug 18 Mike delude 3
News Vt. child support worker accused of selling drugs Aug 18 DCF are MONSTERS 4
The Negro OfAmerica Is THE TRUE DECENDANTS of H... (Apr '12) Aug 17 Yahcob 11
News Piecing together the puzzle: Families with auti... Jul '15 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northborough Mortgages