Wasting taxpayers money
Royd11

Milton, MA

#1 Jan 9, 2008
Why does the town clear the sidewalks on West Main Street from the center of town to the middle school. I live on this road and not one child walks to school and needs the sidewalk. Not only that, they plow the sidewalk when we have an inch or two of snow and will melt the next day? The other day the plowed the sidewalk with two inches of snow on a SATURDAY EVEN an we were suppose to get more snow on Sunday which we did and they plowed that again. Why not wait until after the Sunday storm? WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!! Besides that, if they are going to plow the sidewalks why do they blow all the snow into the peoples hedges and shrubs killing them, with all the salt. I watch them go by every snowstorm and they are plowing bare pavement with sparks flying. What a waste of money for the taxpayers of Northborough!
Why not take some of the money being used for the New Senior Center and pay for boyscouts or other groups and have them go around and shovel out eldery peoples driveways, do their grocery shopping for them or mow their lawns? This town is spending more money on things that we don't need than on things that are badly needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Negro OfAmerica Is THE TRUE DECENDANTS of H... (Apr '12) Jan 18 BaruchYAH 13
News Education commissioner: Time for state to run t... Jan 16 Elizabeth Lancaster 1
News Ellen DeGeneres Baffled That Caitlyn Jenner Onc... Jan 13 TerryE 5
News Shrewsbury residents express fears about Hooter... (Aug '15) Jan '16 Cliff Huxtable 21
News Outgoing Pittsfield city councilor's 12-year ru... Jan '16 DCF CPS DSS are M... 12
News Donald Trump Mocks Disabled New York Times Repo... Nov '15 wximagery 1
News Year 2 of JetBlue at Worcester airport comes wi... Nov '15 working man 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Northborough Mortgages