Arctic ocean waters becoming more acidic with greenhouse gas emissions
Carbon dioxide emissions are making arctic seas more acidic, something that would take tens of thousands of years to reverse, researchers say.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at UPI.
#1 May 18, 2013
This is possibly the worst CO2 alarmist propaganda since the Hockey Schtick (1998).
1) The so-called acidification happened because of ice melting, thereby diluting the sea water. Sea water has a pH of appr. 8,2, and molten water a pH of 7.
2) No evidence is put forward that coupes pH measured to CO2 in the air or in the sea water.
3) The ocean under the North Pole is virtually life-less, it is a deep water basin more than 1000m deep with ice on top.
4) In the Barents Sea and Northern Atlantic, several hundred kilometers south of where the pH was measured, life is thriving. Never, for the last 50 years have the sea birds, mammals and fish been more numerous. Even the Blue Whale is returning to the seas.
5) We cannot acidify the oceans even if we wanted to, by burning fossil fuel. This is because a) the cons. CO2 in the oceans is 50x that in the air, and b) the oceans have vastly more mass than the atmosphere. c) Of the 400ppm CO2 in air, only 5% is the human contribution. d) The limitless buffering capacity of the worlds oceans, would resist acidification, a doubling in CO2 in the oceans would only cause a TEMPORARY pH drop of 0,25 units
6) The report has not been peer-reviewed.
7) The same claim of dramatic sea acidification was put forward by the British Royal Society in 2009, and was thrown in the trash can of science after a brutal process were a shocking lack of basic scientific knowledge from RS was shown.
8) Most calcifiers in sea water have better metabolism and NO problem to keep calcifying, when pH drops by 0,5, double what the report calls dangerous.
So. Chicken little of the Seas rides again. Alarmist propaganda. No cause for thinking critical human beings to worry. Some ice melted in the arctic. This will not kill the planet, or even affect the seas.
#2 May 18, 2013
#3 May 18, 2013
'tars luff' luffed:
This is possibly the worst CO2 alarmist propaganda ........
'drink the kkk-aid' kkkouphed:
You're upset because 'tars luff' beat your time.
Add your comments below
|Ladki ko chudne ki ichha kab hoti h. (Apr '11)||18 hr||Kabir||186|
|Jobs for English Speakers in Oslo, Norway TEFL ESL (Feb '09)||Apr 22||Miljan||290|
|Trying to find someone in oslo (Apr '11)||Apr 20||health||3|
|God worships Israel!!!.||Apr 19||God worships Israel||1|
|I made a project for norway! :))||Apr 11||norwayje_1900||1|
|Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white||Apr 1||Ainu||2|
|Norway Pension Fund Makes Strides (Mar '14)||Mar 31||shamed||4|
Find what you want!
Search Oslo, Norway Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC