UN's Ban pushes for name dispute solu...

UN's Ban pushes for name dispute solution

There are 23 comments on the SETimes news story from Jul 28, 2012, titled UN's Ban pushes for name dispute solution. In it, SETimes news reports that:

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon told the Macedonian parliament that it is "imperative" the country's long-standing name dispute with Greece be solved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SETimes news.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mr large

Mansfield, MA

#1 Jul 28, 2012
gee mina reported that moon told goatfucking fyroms to not change thier name. no other publication has said this. of course mina wouldn't lie. fyrom east european gangsters in charge don't want to give up power . how would thieves make a living if not for drug trade and all that coruption money one billion reported by outside sources coming into their pockets. hey albos if you want freedom and away from these pieces of shit time to agitate for greater albania
ignorance is bliss

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jul 28, 2012
mr large wrote:
gee mina reported that moon told goatfucking fyroms to not change thier name. no other publication has said this. of course mina wouldn't lie. fyrom east european gangsters in charge don't want to give up power . how would thieves make a living if not for drug trade and all that coruption money one billion reported by outside sources coming into their pockets. hey albos if you want freedom and away from these pieces of shit time to agitate for greater albania
Mina vs the Onion.

Saturday Night Life Scopjia.
MAKEDONIA ALWAYS GREECE

Greece

#3 Jul 28, 2012
http://youtu.be/H6aFucV9EtM
New name for SkopianoBulgar?
That is great!
REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA

Australia

#4 Jul 29, 2012
====
===WHO GIVE A RATS ARSE;;;HELLARSE[ETHIOPIAN-GAYR EEKS=
===REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA CAN CALL IN ;UN;;-ON VOTE=
===TO BE COUNTRY NAME IS;REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA;
===FULL STOP;; NO MORE NAME GAME; IT IS OVER===
=====132 CUONRTRY ARE OREDY ON MACEDONIA SIDE;;;;
======HELLARSE IS FINISH YOUR OBSSES IS DEAD;;;;;;;
==GLORY;GLORY;; FOR REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA ; FOREVER==
==========UN's Ban pushes for name dispute solution
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon told the Macedonian parliament that it is "imperative" the country's long-standing name dispute with Greece be solved.

“Makedonia is Hellenic”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#5 Jul 29, 2012
REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA wrote:
====
===WHO GIVE A RATS ARSE;;;HELLARSE[ETHIOPIAN-GAYR EEKS=
===REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA CAN CALL IN ;UN;;-ON VOTE=
===TO BE COUNTRY NAME IS;REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA;
===FULL STOP;; NO MORE NAME GAME; IT IS OVER===
=====132 CUONRTRY ARE OREDY ON MACEDONIA SIDE;;;;
======HELLARSE IS FINISH YOUR OBSSES IS DEAD;;;;;;;
==GLORY;GLORY;; FOR REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA ; FOREVER==
==========UN's Ban pushes for name dispute solution
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon told the Macedonian parliament that it is "imperative" the country's long-standing name dispute with Greece be solved.
Greece has the real Macedonia....Its up to FYROM whether they want to resolve the issue...
Nikola

Melbourne, Australia

#6 Jul 29, 2012
greece has an expiry date, and we all know its broke and going to be partitioned. many will be suddeeing the failed madeup kingdom of greece 1830 by treaty of london and bavarian prince who was placed as king of the newly created nation called greece.
Nikola

Melbourne, Australia

#7 Jul 29, 2012
greece has not macedonia but the real term is, it occupies the macedonian territory. 51% of it.
Nikola

Melbourne, Australia

#8 Jul 29, 2012
further to this issue dont you greeks realize that united nations knows how you acquired, the macedonian territory.

“Makedonia is Hellenic”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#9 Jul 29, 2012
Nikola wrote:
further to this issue dont you greeks realize that united nations knows how you acquired, the macedonian territory.
Offcourse they know thats why Makedonia is a province of Greece....FORMER YUGOSLAVIA OF MAKEDONSKI has no connection with the Hellenic Macedonians in antiquity.

“Makedonia is Hellenic”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#10 Jul 29, 2012
Nikola wrote:
greece has an expiry date, and we all know its broke and going to be partitioned. many will be suddeeing the failed madeup kingdom of greece 1830 by treaty of london and bavarian prince who was placed as king of the newly created nation called greece.
What a fantasy you have......
The Lie Detector

Helensvale, Australia

#11 Jul 29, 2012
Jorrel wrote:
<quoted text>
Offcourse they know thats why Makedonia is a province of Greece....FORMER YUGOSLAVIA OF MAKEDONSKI has no connection with the Hellenic Macedonians in antiquity.
HAHAHHHA MALAKA, WHERE WERE THE GREEKS IN 1831 ATHENS, when king otto stated , WHERE ARE ALL THE GREEKS OF ATHENS, ALL I HEAR IS ALBANIAN!!!

you are finished and every greek knows it...you will starve and emigrate to the world if they let you in this time!!!

“Makedonia is Hellenic”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#12 Jul 29, 2012
The Lie Detector wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHHHA MALAKA, WHERE WERE THE GREEKS IN 1831 ATHENS, when king otto stated , WHERE ARE ALL THE GREEKS OF ATHENS, ALL I HEAR IS ALBANIAN!!!
you are finished and every greek knows it...you will starve and emigrate to the world if they let you in this time!!!
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH You have nothing..LOLSKI

“Makedonia is Hellenic”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#13 Jul 29, 2012
So now you go by the name Nikola pathetic lie detector
REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA

Bonnyrigg, Australia

#14 Jul 30, 2012
Alexander The Great
Early Life
Alexander on the Macedonian Throne, the Crash of the Greek Resistance
The Battles of Granicus and Issus
Alexander in Egypt
The End of the Persian Empire
Macedonian Nobles Resistance and the Macedonian Language
Alexander in India
Alexander's Marriage
Alexander's Death

Marble statue from Gabii
Louvre, Paris, France

----------

Alexander the Great (356-323 BC), the king of Macedonia that conquered the Persian empire and annexed it to Macedonia, is considered one of the greatest military geniuses of all times. He is the first king to be called "the Great."

Alexander is supposed to have been fair skinned, with a ruddy tinge to his face and chest. Plutarch stated that he had a pleasing scent. Like all Macedonians, Alexander liked his liquor, but his fondness for wine also caused some of his outbursts of rage. Alexander liked drama, the flute and the lyre, poetry and hunting, but what he truly wanted in his life, was a glory and valor, rather than easy living and riches. He was not fond of athletic contests, according to Plutarch.


HELLARSE GO BACK IN AFRICA;;OBSSES ANIMALS;;;
----HAND OF MACEDONIAN KINGDOM'''''''

Since: Jul 12

Brighton-Le-Sands, Sydney

#17 Jul 30, 2012
I think both countries have to meet halfway for this name dispute to be solved. I can't see this happening with SAMARAS and GRUEVSKI as both parties are centre right on the political scale and are not interested in negotiating. Even that I do not agree with FYROM using the name Macedonia in any part of their constitutional name, I think the name issue will only be solved if FYROM adopt a geographical qualifier such as Northern/Slav/Skopje Macedonia (which ever one they like), Greece can keep their region named Macedonia or possibly change it to Aegean Macedonia or Ancient Macedonia (Not sure how the greeks will feel about this) and for Bulgaria to change their region name possibly to Pirin Macedonia (again not sure how the Bulgarians will feel about this), All this stupid nonsense from both sides on forums like this which disrespects both sides identities are not constructive. Both sides have to more forward and meet halfway. I also have to point out that from reading most of the forum topics and comments left, the Greek side most times produces facts while the FYROM side usually produces propoganda videos on youtube, just an observation that all.

“Macedonian, therefore Greek”

Since: Apr 07

Lychnidos, occupied Macedonia

#18 Jul 30, 2012
Slavomacedonia. An accurate term for FYROM and its people.

“Makedonia is Hellenic”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#19 Jul 30, 2012
REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA wrote:
Alexander The Great
Early Life
Alexander on the Macedonian Throne, the Crash of the Greek Resistance
The Battles of Granicus and Issus
Alexander in Egypt
The End of the Persian Empire
Macedonian Nobles Resistance and the Macedonian Language
Alexander in India
Alexander's Marriage
Alexander's Death
Marble statue from Gabii
Louvre, Paris, France
----------
Alexander the Great (356-323 BC), the king of Macedonia that conquered the Persian empire and annexed it to Macedonia, is considered one of the greatest military geniuses of all times. He is the first king to be called "the Great."
Alexander is supposed to have been fair skinned, with a ruddy tinge to his face and chest. Plutarch stated that he had a pleasing scent. Like all Macedonians, Alexander liked his liquor, but his fondness for wine also caused some of his outbursts of rage. Alexander liked drama, the flute and the lyre, poetry and hunting, but what he truly wanted in his life, was a glory and valor, rather than easy living and riches. He was not fond of athletic contests, according to Plutarch.
HELLARSE GO BACK IN AFRICA;;OBSSES ANIMALS;;;
----HAND OF MACEDONIAN KINGDOM'''''''
Thanks for pointing out Macedonians Hellenic Heritage keep it up loser...
MAKEDONIA ALWAYS GREECE

Greece

#20 Jul 30, 2012
http://macedonia-evidence.org/
There is only one solution.....
The pseudonation FyroMonkeys,must stop try to steal the Greek History!
The rest is bullsht!

Since: Jul 12

Brighton-Le-Sands, Sydney

#21 Jul 30, 2012
MAKEDONIA ALWAYS GREECE wrote:
http://macedonia-evidence.org/
There is only one solution.....
The pseudonation FyroMonkeys,must stop try to steal the Greek History!
The rest is bullsht!
Why do you worry about Greek history as all evidence is on the side of the Greeks, FYROM are still unable to come up with one piece of evidence linking their current country to that of ancient Macedonians. The ancient Macedonians spread a Hellenic culture. But at the end of the day we don't live in ancient time. The term Macedonia refers to a region. FYROM do not have the exclusive rights to use this name just for themselves. That is why the only solution to this name issue is FYROM adopting a geographical qualifier i.e. Northern/Upper/New/Slavo/Skopj e Macedonia (which ever one they choose), that way everyone in the world can distinguish between FYROM, greek macedonia, and Bulgarian Macedonia. The Greeks do not have to prove anything to the world as all evidence is on their side, all the FYROM side can do is come up with the same old recycled propaganda videos on youtube. All this bullshit name calling from both sides is very juvenile and shows a lack of education on both sides. If you want to be taken seriously and have a proper debate on these sites then stop the bullshit name calling, respect the other side and come up with facts and a solution that meets half way.
AXIL

Vancouver, Canada

#25 Aug 8, 2012
SETimes wrote:
My name is Saso, my best-man gave me that name and nobody absolutely nobody can call me another name ... Such is the dispute with our southern neighbour, my country's name is Republic of Macedonia, not FYROM," Skopje resident Saso Nanov told SETimes.
The conflict between Greece & fyrom is a little more complicated than the explanation given by Mr. Saso. With this simplistic interview, SETimes may have given the world a glimpse of how myopic and ill-informed the average skopjian really is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zuid-Holland, Netherlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Department comes under fire with new ques... Tue Stephany McDowell 25
News US says $400M to Iran was contingent on release... Mon YourEx 18
News Obama administration denies Iran cash payment w... Aug 9 southern at heart 29
News White House denies $400 million payment to Iran... Aug 7 Synque 6
News WSJ: Obama Paid $400M in Cash to Iran as It Rel... Aug 2 too much 1
News Are Balkan War Criminals Getting Off the Hook? Jul 29 AP Archive 1
News Analysis: South China Sea ruling has so far fue... Jul '16 Go Blue Forever 3
More from around the web