Desmond Tutu says Bush and Blair shou...

Desmond Tutu says Bush and Blair should face trial at International Criminal Court over Iraq

There are 92 comments on the The Washington Post story from Sep 2, 2012, titled Desmond Tutu says Bush and Blair should face trial at International Criminal Court over Iraq. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his part in fighting apartheid, speaks during a felicitation event for him in Dharmsala, India, in this Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Yimmie Krack Korn

Allerum, Sweden

#81 Sep 7, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Blair the politician answers to his Queen whereas Bush answered to his congress who profit from lobbyists who want to go to war.
Well, you know much more about the Queen than I so I'll take your advice on faith but I'm not entirely in agreement with you about Bush, unless those lobbyists who "want to go to war" are wearing more than one hat.
rider

Ishpeming, MI

#83 Sep 7, 2012
Revolving Door to Blackwater Causes Alarm at CIA, By Ken ...
Sep 12, 2006 ... Blackwater USA, the private security contractor that has operated in ... top
counterterrorism official at the time of the 9/11 attacks (and who ...

http://www.harpers.org/sb-revolving-door-blac... - 20k - Cached - Similar Pages
CorpWatch : Blackwater USA
Blackwater USA is a private military company and security firm founded in ... was
the Bush administration's top counter terrorism official when 9/11 occurred.

http://www.corpwatch.org/section.php... - 43k -

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

AUSTRALIAN

#84 Sep 7, 2012
Yimmy Krack Korn wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you know much more about the Queen than I so I'll take your advice on faith but I'm not entirely in agreement with you about Bush, unless those lobbyists who "want to go to war" are wearing more than one hat.
Think of all of those who need the USA military to buy their toys.
Think of any country who relies on the USA for their existence
They have professional lobbyists who get paid on results
Congressmen and women of the USA have been reported in the press to have great wealth exceeding what they could possibly have earned in their time in office.
Steven Hassan

Pretoria, South Africa

#85 Sep 7, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You are not happy in Africa....are you, Steve?
It is better than my last post...but rather cold right now.
Steven Hassan

Pretoria, South Africa

#86 Sep 7, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You are not happy in Africa....are you, Steve?
What I am not happy with is the direction America has been going these past 5-6 decades.

Hegemonies always end the same way, it woudl be nice if for once we didn't as it is always a very bloody ending...but of course with folks with your ideals running rampant I doubt this dream will come true.
Steven Hassan

Pretoria, South Africa

#87 Sep 7, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Who gives a sh*t? If they did or did not have WMD's is irrelevant. Iraq was to be destroyed and Hussein was condemned before the war started.....That was America's agenda. The pretext doesn't matter. Saddam and his sons are dead. Iraq's army was decimated and the country will be in chaos and anarchy for another 50 years......Mission Accomplished (sorry...I couldn't resist). It serves the greater good.
Hitler probably said the same thing. Are you saying we in America are no different than the Nazis?

And you wonder why I dispise folks like you.
Sabrina

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#88 Sep 7, 2012
Steven Hassan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler probably said the same thing. Are you saying we in America are no different than the Nazis?
That is exactly what people in Europe are saying saying.Your GOP is the closest thing to the Former Nazis Party.We despise Folks like yourselfe.
Yimmie Krack Korn

Allerum, Sweden

#89 Sep 8, 2012
Steven Hassan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler probably said the same thing.
He did.
Steven Hassan wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying we in America are no different than the Nazis?
With Reagan and Bush Jr. that difference could only be measured in slight "degrees" of Fascism.
Steven Hassan wrote:
<quoted text>And you wonder why I dispise folks like you.
He might "wonder" but I certainly do not.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#90 Sep 8, 2012
Steven Hassan wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am not happy with is the direction America has been going these past 5-6 decades.
Hegemonies always end the same way, it woudl be nice if for once we didn't as it is always a very bloody ending...but of course with folks with your ideals running rampant I doubt this dream will come true.
Lighten up, Steve.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#91 Sep 8, 2012
Steven Hassan wrote:
<quoted text>
How did we get on the Nazis? You despise me? That was pretty harsh. The fact is, that if there is any hope at all for humanity, it is for everyone on Earth to wake up and realize that religion is complete bullsh*t from top to bottom, that nothing we do in a single human lifetime matters and that we all might as well have as much fun as we can in the 70 or 80 years we are given. If there is a God, I'm sure he's stunned at how badly we all fck'd things up.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#92 Sep 8, 2012
Yimmie Krack Korn wrote:
<quoted text>
He did.
<quoted text>
With Reagan and Bush Jr. that difference could only be measured in slight "degrees" of Fascism.
<quoted text>
He might "wonder" but I certainly do not.
Why don't you get a hobby or something? Take up drinking.....or Bansai...gardening..knitting.

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

AUSTRALIAN

#94 Sep 8, 2012
rider wrote:
Revolving Door to Blackwater Causes Alarm at CIA, By Ken ...
Sep 12, 2006 ... Blackwater USA, the private security contractor that has operated in ... top
counterterrorism official at the time of the 9/11 attacks (and who ...
http://www.harpers.org/sb-revolving-door-blac... - 20k - Cached - Similar Pages
CorpWatch : Blackwater USA
Blackwater USA is a private military company and security firm founded in ... was
the Bush administration's top counter terrorism official when 9/11 occurred.
http://www.corpwatch.org/section.php... - 43k -
It works out cheaper all round to employ private security companies than to pay for a standing army ,war or no war military cost a lot to maintain where it could be better spent on something civilian .
I assume that the CIA would be more than pleased to have their very own private army to protect it's interests

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

'S-Gravenhage (the Hague), Netherlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jamaica woman brings attention to rapes targeti... May 19 Anonymous 2
News Macedonia factfile May 15 CANADEZOS 1
News V-E Day 2015 observed May 9 Hue 5
News King's Day: Holland turns into a sea of orange May 7 test 1
News 'No room' for gays in Kenya, says deputy president May 5 Wall 9
News Breaking one of Canada's best kept secrets: MMIW Apr '15 Eric 1
News Croatian Serb rebel in Belgrade on release for ... Apr '15 The Clarifier 2
More from around the web