Gay group organizes 'Pink Christmas' in Amsterdam, manger with ...

A Dutch gay group has organized a "Pink Christmas " festival for the first time in Amsterdam, featuring a manger stall with two Josephs and two Marys. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Mazikeen

Philadelphia, PA

#141 Dec 11, 2008
and this was a flop... gee I wonder why.. could it be that the masses do not agree with this.. either in secrecy or outright? hmmmmm...
tinkerbell

Pompano Beach, FL

#145 Dec 11, 2008
URKidding wrote:
<quoted text>
How have they "rammed it down your throat?" Have you been held down and forced to perform a homosexual act?
I could posit that Christmas is being "rammed down my throat." Every city, every store, all over the place, I am forced to have Christmas thrust upon me.
Just because it offends your personal views doesn't make something wrong.
Christmas is a Federal Holiday stupid. Don't like it then work on Christmas and don't buy presents for anyone. I hardly think Christmas can be compared to our kids being subjected to your fringe sexual behaviour.
tinkerbell

Pompano Beach, FL

#147 Dec 11, 2008
URKidding wrote:
<quoted text>
How have they "rammed it down your throat?" Have you been held down and forced to perform a homosexual act?
I could posit that Christmas is being "rammed down my throat." Every city, every store, all over the place, I am forced to have Christmas thrust upon me.
Just because it offends your personal views doesn't make something wrong.
Plus nobody is forcing you to accept Christmas.
you people are so narcistic you can't see beyond the sex, can you? Nobody cares what your thing is or who you like or how you get your kicks. What people are upset about is the fact you try to ram it down everyone's throats and attack people who have reasons not to agree with your behaviour. If you hijack the civil rights movement what is to stop schools from teaching our kids all about your behaviour? nothing. parents in Massachusettes tried to opt out their 6 year old from learning all about the homosexual lifestyle but were not allowed to. Catholic Churches in massachusettes are forced to get out of the adoption if they refuse to adopt to homosexuals. Your lifestyle and sexual behaviour being forced on the rest is what is troubling to people so they vote you down now. I also think it is some kind of mental illness the way they want to force everyone to embrace them. ALmost as if they need it to feel good about themselves so they harrass people who vote against them or have different viewpoints. Nobody cares what you do in private but a lot of people don't think it is natural and to some it is against their religion. You are not a race or a culture and are defining yourself by a beahvior. Not everyone has to accept your behaviour.
Reid_Greenmun

Hampton, VA

#149 Dec 12, 2008
Marco the atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but you actually do. By referring to the existence of a supposed deity, and use religious scripture to claim others are wrong and following 'sexual perversions', you mock my belief that there is no deity and that religious scripture is nothing more but the result of (sometimes extremely twisted) human minds.
And I'm saying that as a heterosexual male who has no interest in any 'sexual perversions', but sees no objective reason to make other people not enjoy their own.
No Marco, I disagree. I am not mocking your belief. Christains try our best not to mock anyone - such behavior (mocking others) is not Christ-like.

If you think about it, Christains try our best to share our love with others. Mocking others is clearly not an act of love.

Doing what we can to share the truth that we have had revealed to us is also an act of love.

You see, we Christains actually care if others find their path towards their own salvation.

Common sense would dictate that mocking someone for their beliefs that are not in line with the teachings of Jesus Christ would not be a successful way to convince a non-believer to consider listening to a Christain perspective. It simply isn't logical.

So no, I am not mocking your beliefs.

“Facts, not fiction”

Since: Apr 07

Earth

#150 Dec 12, 2008
Reid_Greenmun wrote:
<quoted text>
No Marco, I disagree. I am not mocking your belief. Christains try our best not to mock anyone - such behavior (mocking others) is not Christ-like.
What constitutes mocking is in the eye of the recipient. If you call homosexual acts "sexual perversions", you may believe yourself to be stating a fact, a homosexual as well as any others who do not consider therr sexual acts "perversions", consider that an insult, rather than a fact. When you then point to a supposed benevolent god who created every human being as the source of your opinion, you directly mock the intelligence of most atheists.
Reid_Greenmun wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think about it, Christains try our best to share our love with others. Mocking others is clearly not an act of love.
Telling people they commit "sexual perversions" isn't an act of love either. Maybe in YOUR mind, but certainly not in the mind of the recipient.
Reid_Greenmun wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing what we can to share the truth that we have had revealed to us is also an act of love.
I consider it an insult to my intelligence that you claim to share a truth, especially since it is coming from a book that is filled with such outrageous nonsense, and even outright mass murder in the name of a supposed deity.
Reid_Greenmun wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, we Christains actually care if others find their path towards their own salvation.
Common sense would dictate that mocking someone for their beliefs that are not in line with the teachings of Jesus Christ would not be a successful way to convince a non-believer to consider listening to a Christain perspective. It simply isn't logical.
So no, I am not mocking your beliefs.
That is solely your opinion, with which I strongly disagree. Of course, the funniest thing of all is that christians are always complaining like crazy about homosexuals, claiming to follow Jesus Christ's teachings, while the bible does not have Jesus say ANYTHING about homosexuality, but being quite precise about his dislike (to put it mildly) of divorce. Why is there such a fight to make sure homosexuals do not have equal rights, while divorcees for anything other than adultery are not being targeted? Is it perhaps because that comes too close to home?
Jeryl Lynn

Sicklerville, NJ

#151 Dec 12, 2008
Reid_Greenmun wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it is not logical why do so many Christians basically attack the beliefs of others in what could be considered a mocking manner ?
Reid_Greenmun

Hampton, VA

#152 Dec 15, 2008
Jeryl,

Not all Christains understand the teachings of jesus Christ. We are all "works in progress".
WORLDISNUTS

Windsor, VA

#153 Dec 15, 2008
Some works should be scrapped and start over.
Reid_Greenmun wrote:
Jeryl,
Not all Christains understand the teachings of jesus Christ. We are all "works in progress".
Offenders

United States

#154 Dec 15, 2008
All gays and lesbians should be considered sex offenders and put away to safeguard our children against these deviates
Jacques Strapp

Campinas, Brazil

#155 Dec 15, 2008
Offenders wrote:
All gays and lesbians should be considered sex offenders and put away to safeguard our children against these deviates
Were you born under a rock ? What a completely ridiculous thing to say.

Boca Raton, doesn't that mean rat's mouth in Spanish. Perfect name for the place you come from. What a pathetic dolt.

“Facts, not fiction”

Earth

#158 Dec 16, 2008
Obamalamadingdong wrote:
Thank you sweet Jesus for AIDS
You are aware that worldwide mainly heterosexuals are infected, and that AIDS occurs mainly in (supposedly) christian countries?

I'm quite tempted to draw a conclusion from that about your dear Jesus...
Reid_Greenmun

Hampton, VA

#159 Dec 16, 2008
Hum, as an atheist how can you attribute anything to Jesus?

Interesting.

Ohhh - it's okay to dispparage Jesus, but not to priase him. I see.

Makes sense. 8-)
Smells

United States

#160 Dec 16, 2008
PapalPear wrote:
Someone is making a mockery of a fairy tale? The nerve!
AIDS = Anal Inflicted Death Sentence.
You shouldn't put your ding dong in places where doody comes out.
Smells

United States

#161 Dec 16, 2008
Marco the atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are aware that worldwide mainly heterosexuals are infected, and that AIDS occurs mainly in (supposedly) christian countries?
I'm quite tempted to draw a conclusion from that about your dear Jesus...
I thought you don't believe in Jesus. Actually, AIDS was first called Gay Related Immune Deficiency because it got it's first spread in the gay community. Fact, verifiable.
But let me guess, THAT's offensive, right?

“Facts, not fiction”

Earth

#162 Dec 16, 2008
Reid_Greenmun wrote:
Hum, as an atheist how can you attribute anything to Jesus?
As an atheist, nothing prohibits me into considering Jesus a historical figure.
Reid_Greenmun wrote:
Interesting.
Ohhh - it's okay to dispparage Jesus, but not to priase him. I see.
Makes sense. 8-)
Praising someone because there is a disease that, numberwise, hits more heterosexuals than homosexuals, and mostly occurs in 'christian' countries...you don't consider that a bit odd?

It's like thanking Moses that there is malaria...

“Facts, not fiction”

Earth

#163 Dec 16, 2008
Smells wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you don't believe in Jesus.
Unlike you, I don't consider Jesus a divine being. That does not prohibit me from considering him a historical person. It does appear rather odd to me to praise a human being who lived 2000 years ago for a disease that kills so many people and leaves so many children without parents.
Smells wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, AIDS was first called Gay Related Immune Deficiency because it got it's first spread in the gay community. Fact, verifiable.
Nothing offensive about facts. What is offensive, and probably even to many christians, is someone praising the existence of this disease. You are aware that 20% of all AIDS deaths are children under the age of 15?

It says a lot about an individual that he praises someone he considers divine for the existence of AIDS. And it ain't something nice...
tinkerbell

Pompano Beach, FL

#164 Dec 16, 2008
Smells wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you don't believe in Jesus. Actually, AIDS was first called Gay Related Immune Deficiency because it got it's first spread in the gay community. Fact, verifiable.
yep and then they harrassed our feeble leaders so much that our health was put at risk! Any other disease of this kind they would want to have a list of all infected partners and try to stop it. However the homosexuals privacy rights trumped the publics health safety. Now the homosexuals are screwing like crazy again and spreading a super aids virus!
greg

Luverne, MN

#165 Dec 16, 2008
tinkerbell wrote:
<quoted text>
yep and then they harrassed our feeble leaders so much that our health was put at risk! Any other disease of this kind they would want to have a list of all infected partners and try to stop it. However the homosexuals privacy rights trumped the publics health safety. Now the homosexuals are screwing like crazy again and spreading a super aids virus!
thats natures way of getting rid of them!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Noord-Holland, Netherlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School house hotels: The Big Six Nov 28 White cop 1
With Saint Nick's entry comes racial controversy Nov '14 Perigrino 1
Photos: Miley Cyrus Posts a Makeup-Free Selfie Oct '14 Big mike 10
Helen Enes Lima Brito (Feb '07) Sep '14 dana 30
After drummer's injury, Kings of Leon heading t... Aug '14 Mountainmarttreks 1
Malaysia to repatriate at least 21 MH17 victims Aug '14 _malon_goblok 4
World unrest raises travel tension Jul '14 _malon_goblok 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:52 am PST