Cubs outlast Brewers

Cubs outlast Brewers

There are 8 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 30, 2007, titled Cubs outlast Brewers. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Matt Murton and Alfonso Soriano hit back-to-back homers off Chris Capuano in the sixth inning Thursday night and the Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 5-4 to push their lead in the NL Central back to 21 2 games.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Dennis Elliott

Orlando, FL

#1 Aug 31, 2007
Ashamed I am of Carlos Zabrano, and his continuing problem of not trowing over the top to get his maximum effectiveness. This was a big win. If Carlos can, t pitch better this month, I leave him off the Playoff Roster. He needs another awaking. Let ron Santo talk to the high strung pitcher who gets big money, but is not contributing to the playoff push. Its time to putup or shut up. No more trying to embarrass other players with his antics.
CUBS 2007

Durham, NC

#2 Aug 31, 2007
Cubs win, Brewers lose, Cardinals lose, Sox lose.........

Last night was a good night for baseball.
George Tomek

Edmond, OK

#3 Aug 31, 2007
Every time Ryan Dempster comes in to close, it's cross your fingers time, bite you nails time or get out your favorite rosary time. Dempster exudes as much confidence as a closer as Joe Borowski did -- although Joe's still plodding along as a closer in the AL. Dempster will have one or two great games, then blow a game or as in the case last night nearly blow the game. Carlos Marmol (the Cubs curremt "good" Carlos as opposed to "bad" Carlos Zambrano) is ready to close and should be put there now. Even the Milwaukee annnouncers were raving about him last night as he struck out five of the six batters he faced. Marmol is young, fearless and has the most manacing stuff since the likes of Bruce Sutter and Lee Smith. Of course, the Cubs pulled a "Greg Maddux" and let both of them slip away to become Hall of Famers or soon-to-be Hall of Famers for other teams. Make Dempster a long reliever now. It will get him more prepared for being a starter next year which has been a long-range goal of the front office now for a couple of years. Every time Dempster takes to the mound it reminds me of a great old Glenn Ford Lee Remick mystery thriller movie from the '60's called "Experience in Terror."
Farmer B

Herndon, VA

#4 Aug 31, 2007
Well Cub fans, your getting what you paid for. If milwaukee could only spend an additional $30 million per year equalling the Cubs payroll, they could afford someone other than Capuano to run out there. Enjoy your expensive wins. Us in Milwaukee will enjoy our homegrown talent, thats real baseball. ps - seasons not over yet. Go Brewers.
cat

Clovis, NM

#5 Aug 31, 2007
HAHA Farmer B, that was hilarious. Money don't make wins, just ask the Skankees. Is that a smile on Lou's face, I hardly recognized him... And by the way, we ARE enjoying our expensive wins!!! Stay tuned!
JDAZ

Scottsdale, AZ

#6 Aug 31, 2007
Hey Farmer, its not our fault Milwaukee is a 2nd rate town.

Don't worry, you've still got what's left of the Brett Favre dream.

10 years of mediocrity and 3 playoff wins.

whewww!!!!!!
Proball5

Delray Beach, FL

#7 Aug 31, 2007
What is with Yost anyway, Cappy should have been pulled after the first homerun. I wish he would stop worrying about hurting his starters feelings. And if he was worried about overworking the bullpen, then why even show up at the games, I mean, this was a game he HAD to win. He could have pulled Cappy and sent in Shouse to finish that inning. I don't even want to get into the Mench appearance in the nineth. Come on Ned, start managing the game, there is no tomorrow, it's September and we are in a pennant race!
center me

Racine, WI

#8 Sep 4, 2007
JDAZ wrote:
Hey Farmer, its not our fault Milwaukee is a 2nd rate town.
Don't worry, you've still got what's left of the Brett Favre dream.
10 years of mediocrity and 3 playoff wins.
whewww!!!!!!
Hey loser, pull ur pants down and run around ur house doing the "Superbowl Suffle" - thats the last time ur losing team has done anything worthwhile ... Oh yeah, and by the way .. Brewers Rock!! Meltdown mode for the Cubs!! Gotta luv it!! wheww!!!!!! Do it man .. DO the Superbowl Shuffle ... make urself feel like a man ... do the 22 year old shuffle then go around a have the cahonies to rip on other teams ... Can you say meltdown ?? Brewers will be in 1st place this time tomorrow night ... sorry loser ... you can leave now ... I think i hear Jim McMahon starting the shuffle .. better get going ... just make sure you done trip over your undies on the way out to the T.V....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NHL Western Conference Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maple Leafs, NHL celebrate 100 years of history... Dec 27 Maple Pharts 2
News 5 Teams the Chicago Blackhawks Don't Want To Fa... (Mar '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 6
News NBC Sports Announces This Weekend's NHL Hockey ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News Elite NHL teams are selling; Coyotes should be ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 CHforever 2
News Will the Chicago Blackhawks Come Through as Sta... (Sep '14) Sep '14 CHforever 2
News Why the NHL Wishes the Chicago Blackhawks Made ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Reg 1
News Corey Crawford Deserves Blame for Chicago Black... (Jun '14) Jun '14 BigHawksFan 1
More from around the web