Lightning swats away rumor of forum name change

Dec 7, 2008 Full story: www.tampabay.com 6

The Tampa Bay Lightning won't be playing at the "Morgan & Morgan Forum" any time soon. On Thursday, the National Hockey League franchise swatted down a rumor that John Morgan, head of giant personal injury law firm Morgan & Morgan, might swipe naming rights for the St. Pete Times Forum. Morgan's best known for the "For the People" slogan he uses on TV and radio spots. "The naming rights to the St. Pete Times Forum are not for sale, they were not for sale and they will not be for sale, end of story," Lightning owner Oren Koules said in a statement. "We have a wonderful, mutually beneficial partnership with the St. Pete Times, and we anticipate that partnership lasting for years and years to come." Morgan revealed plans this week to offer $1.7-million a year to put his law firm's name on the Tampa ice arena. Trouble is, the Lightning have a deal through 2012 with the St. Petersburg Times that ensures the team $2.1-million to $2.9-million each year. "We're not leaving. We're pleased with our relationship with the St. Pete Times Forum," said Andrew Corty, a Times vice president. The Lightning exposure has helped the newspaper expand circulation in Tampa and Hillsborough County, Corty said.

Full Story

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

#1 Dec 8, 2008
I am glad that the Lightning kept it the St. Pete Times Forum. Why does some ambulance chasing, lawyer think he needs to place his name on our landmarks?
Huckey Eh

Tampa, FL

#2 Dec 8, 2008
StevenFL wrote:
I am glad that the Lightning kept it the St. Pete Times Forum. Why does some ambulance chasing, lawyer think he needs to place his name on our landmarks?
How about The Liberal Jive Forum
David

Tampa, FL

#3 Dec 8, 2008
I don't like any buisness names on sports facilities or bowl games.
David

Tampa, FL

#4 Dec 8, 2008
Instead of those companies charging me more for their products so that they can piss it away naming rights and celeberty endorcements, how about they just lower their prices!

“Still no change?”

Since: Sep 08

Clearwater, FL

#5 Dec 8, 2008
Has anyone else noticed that John Morgans head has been increasing in size for several years now? Not figuratively but literaly! On his commercials his shoulders have remained the same size but his head and neck have expanded???
It is frightening!
Maybe in a couple of years he can rent out the big empty space between his ears for concerts and sporting events?
Huckey Eh

Tampa, FL

#6 Dec 8, 2008
H Akston wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that John Morgans head has been increasing in size for several years now? Not figuratively but literaly! On his commercials his shoulders have remained the same size but his head and neck have expanded???
It is frightening!
Maybe in a couple of years he can rent out the big empty space between his ears for concerts and sporting events?
Perhaps he will sue his parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa Bay Lightning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NHL: Fleury stops 28 shots as Penguins beat Lig... Dec '14 ZenTu 1
NHL trade deadline: Rangers and Lightning repor... (Mar '14) Mar '14 mentally sick 2
Lightning's Stamkos taken from ice on stretcher (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Marty St Louis Gets The OT Winner To Seal A Thr... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Reg 1
Why the Montreal Canadiens Shouldn't Be Tempted... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Spartacus1962 2
Lightning hire Cooper to replace fired Boucher (Mar '13) Mar '13 just me 1
Scoring (Mar '13) Mar '13 lonewolf456 1
More from around the web