Panthers ride Vokoun to victory over ...

Panthers ride Vokoun to victory over Lightning

There are 87 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 18, 2008, titled Panthers ride Vokoun to victory over Lightning. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Tampa - Pete DeBoer's prediction was right. The Panthers coach figured they'd see a decidedly different Lightning team Tuesday than the lethargic version they easily shut out last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

smitty

Pompano Beach, FL

#61 Nov 19, 2008
fttyhgh
smitty

Pompano Beach, FL

#62 Nov 19, 2008
they stink
Alan Cohen

Irvine, CA

#63 Nov 19, 2008
Yormark !! See if we can re-finance this LLC thru WAMU !!

Martin !! Get Chris Wells' agent on the phone !!

DeBoers !! Keep Vokoun busy with 50+ shots !!

Now will someone please explain this "icing".

AC
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Boca Raton, FL

#64 Nov 19, 2008
YORMARKS OBSERVER wrote:
I think its safe to say, that i have numerous phony posters
You are the phony of then all Mr. Oblivious, who by the way has been driven off the site
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Boca Raton, FL

#65 Nov 19, 2008
Here is an exerpt of Yormarks latest letter.**** More Con and Circus garbage.**** The letter is to Panther aeason ticket owners,and sponsors.**** Yormark does indeed run the Panthers.****

""On behalf of the Florida Panthers Organization, I want to take a moment to tell you how much I appreciate your continued support of our team. The Panthers realize that during challenging financial times like these, many companies make an effort to be more fiscally responsible. We want you to know that we understand the increasingly difficult position that your employees may be in and we are grateful for your company's loyalty to this franchise.

For this reason, we have partnered with Consolidated Credit Counseling Services, a leader in the Debt Management Industry, to provide our fans and our community with tools and solutions to help manage financial difficulties caused by excessive debt. These benefits are available free of charge to your organization and it's employees. If you someone in your company is one of the many people struggling with credit card debt at this time, I would urge them to turn to Consolidated Credit for help. ""
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Pompano Beach, FL

#67 Nov 19, 2008
Iceman wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but you Wounded Panther were the hockey genius who called Ballard an "aged defenseman", right? And of course based on that "insight", you know more than the coaches, management, GM and any fan who supports the Panthers, right? Yeah, sure.
Wounded Panther didnt know that assists count as pointe either....LMAO
Wait a Minute

Powder Springs, GA

#68 Nov 19, 2008
Iceman wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but you Wounded Panther were the hockey genius who called Ballard an "aged defenseman", right? And of course based on that "insight", you know more than the coaches, management, GM and any fan who supports the Panthers, right? Yeah, sure.
Ok, so even if he did make that error, it doesn't invalidate all of his opinions about this team or hockey in general. Maybe you need to cut him some slack on that one faux pas.

By the way, weren't you one of the people who proclaimed that this is shaping up to be one of best Panthers teams in years? Didn't you predict a strong showing and a playoff spot? Didn't you say that this team won't miss Olli and that the scoring slack will be taken up by the likes of Stillman and all the hot young talent?

Ok, so we'll cut you some slack too for greatly overstating this team's prospects.
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Boca Raton, FL

#69 Nov 19, 2008
YORMARKS OBSERVER wrote:
<quoted text> Wounded Panther didnt know that assists count as pointe either.**** LMAO
Hey counterfirt poster..You should use your real ft laud. name..You are indeed Mr Oblivious King of all Isiots, and we ran you off..
Your posts mean nothing at all, king of idiots
Alan Cohen

Irvine, CA

#70 Nov 19, 2008
Yormark !!
Can we charge $1 every time a customer uses the water-fountains in BAC?

Look into that at once !!

And let me know when the Hartford Whalers come to town They have cool jerseys!

Martin !!

Bring me my septor !!

AC
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Boca Raton, FL

#71 Nov 19, 2008
YORMARKS OBSERVER wrote:
<quoted text> Wounded Panther didnt know that assists count as pointe either.**** LMAO
Hey King of all Idiots mr oblivious..Your mother gave lots os assists..
GoOilers

Edmonton, Canada

#72 Nov 19, 2008
As an outsider, I agree with WaM that there are some bright/insightful posters on these boards, and some not so much.
The fact that you folks follow the Panthers with such passion is commendable. I am actually surprised by the number of posts, by a cross-section of people, on a daily basis.
That's my two cents (1.5 cents Canadian).
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Boca Raton, FL

#73 Nov 19, 2008
Iceman, tgh, realist, louie, and a few others all predicted playoffs and some said this is the best team..
However, it is the worst Panther team ever presented to us, and that is ever..
Wait a Minute

Powder Springs, GA

#74 Nov 19, 2008
GoOilers wrote:
As an outsider, I agree with WaM that there are some bright/insightful posters on these boards, and some not so much.
The fact that you folks follow the Panthers with such passion is commendable. I am actually surprised by the number of posts, by a cross-section of people, on a daily basis.
That's my two cents (1.5 cents Canadian)****
That's the crazy part of the hockey equation down here. We actually have lots of people in South Florida who love hockey. Youth hockey is booming with every program at every rink nearly filled to capacity. Travel hockey teams from down here are highly competitive, winning major tournaments (and having good showings) around the US and in Canada too. So many transplanted northerners (and Canadians) plus lots of fans of hockey who were first introduced to the sport right here in Florida.

But the Panthers just can't draw the fans. The blame starts with prior ownership (Huizinga) who dismantled the team after he used the 1996 Cup run to fuel the taxpayer funded building of the current arena. The blame now falls on current ownership, who has screwed the pooch in just about every conceivable way. The net result are guys like Red, Wounded, etc.

But so many of us love hockey just as much as you guys north of the border.
Alan Cohen

Irvine, CA

#75 Nov 19, 2008
Yormark!!
See if we can get Broward County to build us a dormatory next to the BAC.

We could have visiting teams stay there and charge a flat rate of $10,000/night.

Am I the only one thinking of new ways to steal money!!??

Common Yormark !!

And DeBoers!!
I wanted 2 coats of wax on my Limo!!
Chop Chop!!

Martin !!
Bring me another danish!!

AC
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Boca Raton, FL

#76 Nov 19, 2008
Alan Cohen wrote:
Yormark!!
See if we can get Broward County to build us a dormatory next to the BAC.
We could have visiting teams stay there and charge a flat rate of $10,000/night.
Am I the only one thinking of new ways to steal money!!??
Common Yormark !!
And DeBoers!!
I wanted 2 coats of wax on my Limo!!
Chop Chop!!
Martin !!
Bring me another danish!!
AC
This Irvine Ca poster is great.. Says it all with humor..Alan Cohen poster thanks
This is truly the worst panther team ever presented..
Erick

Hialeah, FL

#77 Nov 19, 2008
It's really surprising that no one has mentioned firing Mike Kitchen. He flat out sucks.

And Louie, I'm not an all out negative guy...but c'mon. Unlike DeBoer, you really can't be satisfied with that performance.

They played better against Detroit.
Mr Obvious

Miami, FL

#78 Nov 19, 2008
YORMARKS OBSERVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey King of all Idiots mr oblivious.**** Your mother gave lots os assists.****
hey pal. your mother stinks like a rotten eggplant sandwich stuck between the legs of a crab infested Century Village 72 year old hose-bag.
Wounded Panther

United States

#80 Nov 19, 2008
Iceman wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but you Wounded Panther were the hockey genius who called Ballard an "aged defenseman", right? And of course based on that "insight", you know more than the coaches, management, GM and any fan who supports the Panthers, right? Yeah, sure.
Give it up, Iceman....

Is that truly the best you can do?

As for Ballard, he has been absent from the scoresheet lately. Some 'young stud' d-man, huh Iceman?

Mo_ron!
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Boca Raton, FL

#81 Nov 19, 2008
Mr Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
hey pal. your mother stinks like a rotten eggplant sandwich stuck between the legs of a crab infested Century Village 72 year old hose-bag.
I got you good:)
She must have been hanging out with your old fat pig mother, once again..I will stop her from feeding and buying your mother stuff.. You came out of the wood work because you were baited..I do good work..You are just a poor Margate person .. Bye Rah Rah. Big smile on my face and others
Wounded Panther

United States

#82 Nov 19, 2008
Wait a Minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so even if he did make that error, it doesn't invalidate all of his opinions about this team or hockey in general. Maybe you need to cut him some slack on that one faux pas.
By the way, weren't you one of the people who proclaimed that this is shaping up to be one of best Panthers teams in years? Didn't you predict a strong showing and a playoff spot? Didn't you say that this team won't miss Olli and that the scoring slack will be taken up by the likes of Stillman and all the hot young talent?
Ok, so we'll cut you some slack too for greatly overstating this team's prospects.
Further proof that Iceman and that fake poster YO are uninformed rah-rah-rah fans with no real perspective on what is going on with this dysfunctional team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa Bay Lightning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lightning beat Blackhawks in bizarre, back and ... (Jun '15) Feb '17 Phartinoff 7
News NHL trade deadline: Rangers and Lightning repor... (Mar '14) Feb '17 Phartious 4
News Watch: Red Wings defenseman scores, stuns goali... (Oct '16) Feb '17 Phartiple 5
really (Nov '15) Oct '16 LightningCupBound 4
News Namestnikov could be out again, Palat game-time... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Jon Cooper Calls Out Detroit Red Wings On Quest... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
j brown (Apr '15) Apr '15 pokalolo 1
More from around the web