Weight, Guerin are used to the trade rumors

Full story: Newsday

Trades are a fact of life in the NHL , where few players spend their entire careers with the same team no matter how good they are.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jan 12, 2009
ThenewislesGM

Hackensack, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

I'll say it again and I said it before. When Carolina won the cup...both Mark Recchi and Dough Weight went back to their respective teams during the off season. That gave both Pittsburgh and St. Louis an opportunity to get some young talent and then bring back the vets. It's a golden opportunity and with the Islanders projected to come in last and hopefully land Tavares...they need to strike the iron while it's hot. These clowns are always invited back next year. Snow has to do what's right for the future of the team and pay respect to the fans. We can't be paying 5 dollars for a soda when Comrie's salary is 4mill. That's just retarded.
Tim

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

"One local reporter said Oilers message boards have been alive with talk of a possible return by Weight to Edmonton."

wow
Mike Bossy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

ThenewislesGM wrote:
I'll say it again and I said it before. When Carolina won the cup...both Mark Recchi and Dough Weight went back to their respective teams during the off season. That gave both Pittsburgh and St. Louis an opportunity to get some young talent and then bring back the vets. It's a golden opportunity and with the Islanders projected to come in last and hopefully land Tavares...they need to strike the iron while it's hot. These clowns are always invited back next year. Snow has to do what's right for the future of the team and pay respect to the fans. We can't be paying 5 dollars for a soda when Comrie's salary is 4mill. That's just retarded.
the future is now. this season is a lost cause. get young talent and draft picks now!
aly

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

islanders are the worst can,t fight won,t hit don,t score should fold.16452

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New York Islanders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Grabner Shines In Preliminary Round For... (Feb '14) Apr '14 sam 3
Thomas Vanek Stolen By Montreal Canadiens Mar '14 Nova 7
Canada's John Tavares out for rest of Olympics (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mark S 1
The 10 NHL Players Most Likely to Be Traded in ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Dubies 1
New York Islanders Set To Make A Run At Goalten... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Charlie R 1
Eastern Conference-Leading Habs Host New York I... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Labatts 3
Capellini: Islanders Are Forever Stuck Living T... (Feb '13) Feb '13 So Frustrated 1

Search the New York Islanders Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••