Islanders in HD?!!!???
juniorjunior

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 17, 2009
Why do we have to watch 40% of islander games on channel 414? a low definition broadcast. Cablevision is currently running ads that guarantees they will show all NY sports teams games in HD- they specifically state the islanders- can we please get a broadcast contract that gives the fans something to watch, this is like going back in time. Im sure MR. Wang has a high def television- is he watching the same broadcast we are? or does he get a special HD Feed to his home theatre? WTF....also, nothing on the website showing the broadcast channels or the radio broadcast channel either- if its there, i cant find it. bad job.
Sean

Hempstead, NY

#2 Oct 20, 2009
juniorjunior wrote:
Why do we have to watch 40% of islander games on channel 414? a low definition broadcast. Cablevision is currently running ads that guarantees they will show all NY sports teams games in HD- they specifically state the islanders- can we please get a broadcast contract that gives the fans something to watch, this is like going back in time. Im sure MR. Wang has a high def television- is he watching the same broadcast we are? or does he get a special HD Feed to his home theatre? WTF....also, nothing on the website showing the broadcast channels or the radio broadcast channel either- if its there, i cant find it. bad job.
I agree 100% I'm glad I'm not the only one.
juniorjunior

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Nov 12, 2009
just to follow up...there are actually 20 games this season that we do not get to watch in HD. I called cablevision to get some details and the rep said that we dont get to watch those games in high def because they were not being broadcast in high def. So i asked him this: "why then does the NHL network have the game on in high def on channel 791? but it is blacked out so we can watch it in our local market" The cable rep had no response for this...

bottom line, the rest of the country got to see the Isanders and capitols in HD last night but Islander fans in the local area had to watch the game in low def because of a blackout policy.

WTF. it hurts to be an islander fan.
juniorjunior

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Nov 24, 2009
i guess noone cares

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Islanders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Riveters Coverage at Lighthouse Hockey (Jul '15) Jul '15 tom wingo 2
News First Impressions of Islanders Hockey at Barcla... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News Islanders open with victory (Oct '14) Oct '14 CHforever 1
News Michael Grabner Shines In Preliminary Round For... (Feb '14) Apr '14 sam 3
News Thomas Vanek Stolen By Montreal Canadiens (Mar '14) Mar '14 Nova 7
News Canada's John Tavares out for rest of Olympics (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mark S 1
News The 10 NHL Players Most Likely to Be Traded in ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Dubies 1
More from around the web