DiPietro unable to save the Islanders

Full story: Newsday 68
If the Islanders were hoping franchise goaltender Rick DiPietro would ride in to rescue their playoff chances, it didn't happen Saturday night in Philadelphia. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mike WAtt

Chestertown, MD

#1 Mar 10, 2008
DP is just not that good YET.
Also, he is 3rd in the entire NHL in turnovers, which is ridiculous since he is a goalie.
The guy obviously tries to do to much for a team, who just does not have much talent.
Moe Szyslak

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2008
Jury's still out for me..is DiPietro overrated, or just a victim of poor support around him? Or is it both?

I'm not sure I'd put him up there w/ the elites of the league, but is the potential there? What would he be like if he had a more solid defense around him and a stud goal-scorer.

Hey Wang, good luck w/ that "Lighthouse" Cluster-bomb you're planning. Nassau County is becoming Queens-east.
coldforce

East Meadow, NY

#3 Mar 10, 2008
And where's Isles powerplay, mr Gallant?
MIKE

New Castle, DE

#4 Mar 10, 2008
Ricky is just like the Islander fans....he's whining about the new rules that don't favor the goalies.
I'm still not sure if Ricky and the Islanders are more funny or more sad.
MIKE

New Castle, DE

#5 Mar 10, 2008
Moe Szyslak wrote:
Jury's still out for me..is DiPietro overrated, or just a victim of poor support around him? Or is it both?
I'm not sure I'd put him up there w/ the elites of the league, but is the potential there? What would he be like if he had a more solid defense around him and a stud goal-scorer.
Hey Wang, good luck w/ that "Lighthouse" Cluster-bomb you're planning. Nassau County is becoming Queens-east.
Cluster Bomb is an accurate description of this dilusional project. Wang sang a song on Mike and the Mad Dog that this project is actually progressing. Mike and Mad Dog exposed the fact that this is barely in the "dream" phase.

I understand Wang needs to throw the carrot out to the fans to give them something to long for.....but it's all Bullzhit.

With the exception of the beaches Long Island is a dump and not a good place to live anymore. The Islanders will not attract any quality free agents and the team will continue to just get by and lose millions of dollars a year. How long do you think Mr. Wang will put up with this....he don't love the NY Islanders that much- There's not a buyer out there who would want this team- Wang will be left with no choice but to sell or move this team-
Dissolving it would cost him too much money.....he'll have to move it.
What a shame-
McCoo

Boyertown, PA

#6 Mar 10, 2008
I just don't understand why DP is ALWAYS out of position! what was that behind the net sat.. Come on, too much roaming around and not FOCUSING on whats really going on. Even the pen. kill, the D and him looked confused like who would clear the puck. Man the philly broadcasters were on DP as well, and they were right.
And Hunter, should of smacked the snot out of Hatcher, when he rode his face into the goalpost. Instead, ho-hum, yea, just push us around we're the isles. There is NOTone physical tough s.o.b on this team. OK bergy, but hes not going to be an enforcer and drop the gloves. NOBODY seems to stand up for each other, I don't get it.
Nolan's got to be pissed at Wang for getting rid of Simon, but he punched his own ticket outta here.
skating on sand

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Mar 10, 2008
D'PEEetro had no defense around him during the all star game and look at the job he did there. Guess we can't blame the lack of defense every game.
Dino

Sunnyside, NY

#8 Mar 10, 2008
Just accept the fact that DP has not been, is not, and probably will never be a top 10 goaltender.

Shoot for above average and you guys will be less stressed out.

I know its hard when you look west and see a young stud goalie in Lundqvist who was drafted 5 rounds after DP, but hey it happens.
Bender

Valley Stream, NY

#9 Mar 10, 2008
DP is fed up with how crappy the Isles play. It's not an excuse for all of his errors, but sometimes I feel he tries to clear the puck becuase his teams fails to do so too many times. With better defense he would be so much better. Not Marty Brodeur good, but tons better than he is now.
Dino

Sunnyside, NY

#10 Mar 10, 2008
Bender wrote:
DP is fed up with how crappy the Isles play. It's not an excuse for all of his errors, but sometimes I feel he tries to clear the puck becuase his teams fails to do so too many times. With better defense he would be so much better. Not Marty Brodeur good, but tons better than he is now.
You have a point. Alot of players do play poorly when they feel they have no hope. I do not respect that, and actually hate when they do it, but it happens alot.
BRYAN

Butler, NJ

#11 Mar 10, 2008
YA IM NOT SAYING DP IS THE BEST GOALIE IN THE NHL BY ANY MEANS BUT HE WOULD BE PLAYING MUCH BETTER IF HIS DEFENSE HELPED HIM OUT SOME
Busey

Melville, NY

#12 Mar 10, 2008
This just in... Lundqvist is awsome.

You may now return to your day.
Busey

Melville, NY

#13 Mar 10, 2008
*awesome
Rob

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Mar 10, 2008
Dino wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a point. Alot of players do play poorly when they feel they have no hope. I do not respect that, and actually hate when they do it, but it happens alot.
I agree with this and the post that you responded to. I've played with a goaltender who will play well until we make a few mistakes in front of him and then he sucks... so even if we close up and play a great game we've already lost because he doesn't stop anything anymore. I'm basically referring to beer leagues but it's still annoying.

A guy who's supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise shouldn't have that same flaw. If you're a pro then try to act like it. I actually like DP but he's getting a bit old for this type of cr*p. Grow up and play your best game every game.
Championship

United States

#15 Mar 10, 2008
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this and the post that you responded to. I've played with a goaltender who will play well until we make a few mistakes in front of him and then he sucks... so even if we close up and play a great game we've already lost because he doesn't stop anything anymore. I'm basically referring to beer leagues but it's still annoying.
A guy who's supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise shouldn't have that same flaw. If you're a pro then try to act like it. I actually like DP but he's getting a bit old for this type of cr*p. Grow up and play your best game every game.
Its ok you only have to deal with it for another 13 more years
Rob

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Mar 10, 2008
Hey, we just signed Jesse Joensuu to a 3 year deal starting next year. We're gonna be unstoppable now!!
Busey

Melville, NY

#17 Mar 10, 2008
DP is the most overrated player in the history of the NHL
Tammy Pahn

Medford, NY

#18 Mar 10, 2008
Busey wrote:
DP is the most overrated player in the history of the NHL
And the Rags are the most overrated TEAM in the history of the NHL......year after year.
MIKE

New Castle, DE

#19 Mar 10, 2008
Tammy Pahn wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Rags are the most overrated TEAM in the history of the NHL......year after year.
Did someone mention the RANGERS ?
What's your obsession with the RANGERS ? Can any Islander fans just talk "ISLANDERS" without talking about the RANGERS- This is one of the problems- Too concerned about the Rangers-
Dino

Sunnyside, NY

#20 Mar 10, 2008
Tammy Pahn wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill take getting points in 13 games straight thanks. And a goalie who doesnt give up 4 goals a game on the regular

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Islanders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islanders open with victory Oct '14 CHforever 1
Michael Grabner Shines In Preliminary Round For... (Feb '14) Apr '14 sam 3
Thomas Vanek Stolen By Montreal Canadiens (Mar '14) Mar '14 Nova 7
Canada's John Tavares out for rest of Olympics (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mark S 1
The 10 NHL Players Most Likely to Be Traded in ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Dubies 1
New York Islanders Set To Make A Run At Goalten... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Charlie R 1
Eastern Conference-Leading Habs Host New York I... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Labatts 3

New York Islanders People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE