Jacques Lemaire retires from New Jersey Devils coaching job

Full story: TwinCities.com 8
At the end of last season, saying it was time to go, Jacques Lemaire walked away from coaching the Minnesota Wild. Full Story
Stanley

Minnetonka, MN

#1 Apr 26, 2010
Go run Jacques. Au revoir. You will be missed. Larry Robinson again?
Bye Jacques

Champlin, MN

#3 Apr 26, 2010
Not much to say having said it all when you left the Wild. Honestly I was surprised you did as well in NJ as you did. The game has passed you by and I'm glad you recognize it. Have to say I'm surprised you're staying in hockey, you're 65 with a ton of money and nothing left unaccomplished. Your wife misses you, stay home!
Tripp

Hartford, CT

#4 Apr 26, 2010
Whatever. Lemaire's style of play doesn't translate in the NHL anymore. You enjoyed your run Jacques, now it's time to let the free flowing, non-defensive trapping game of hockey take it's rightful place.

Since: Feb 08

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 26, 2010
Wow, what the heck is going on in New Jersey? First Sutter "retires" and now Lemaire? A guy who was in his first year back and basically had a good year? Who owns this team anyway? The Mafia? Something ain't quite right here...
Nota Sheep

Midlothian, TX

#6 Apr 26, 2010
FreePeteRose wrote:
Wow, what the heck is going on in New Jersey? First Sutter "retires" and now Lemaire? A guy who was in his first year back and basically had a good year? Who owns this team anyway? The Mafia? Something ain't quite right here...
Lou Lamoriello is the best GM in hockey, hands down. Not even close. It also means that he is quite demanding, which is part of the issue, I think.

Lemaire is, and always has been, a class act, as a player and a coach. I used to love his press conferences, with his wonderful accent. "Give dem da puck and dey go. Dey just go."
Chad

Rochester, MN

#7 Apr 26, 2010
Congrats on a great career Jaque! If it wasn't for Doug Risebrough and his poor management and drafting, you would have gone out with Minnesota on a high note! Thanks for the memories!
wildsfan

United States

#8 Apr 26, 2010
Bye Jacques wrote:
Not much to say having said it all when you left the Wild. Honestly I was surprised you did as well in NJ as you did. The game has passed you by and I'm glad you recognize it. Have to say I'm surprised you're staying in hockey, you're 65 with a ton of money and nothing left unaccomplished. Your wife misses you, stay home!
uhhhh i disagree, there asre only a few teems that can play open freestyle hockey and get away with it. remember only 1 team wins the rest go home ........ there are some good teams left but the one that playe the best defense will win.
BD Gopherfan

Mankato, MN

#9 Apr 26, 2010
Jacques has been good for the game for many years. yrs.He got to be involved with Olympic hockey.He now has a gold medal.The only thing he hadn't accomplished.I doubt anyone will come close to those accomplishments ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Jersey Devils Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Martin Brodeur Going Home To Montreal? Nov '14 Spartacus1962 12
Forget the Best, Who Was the Worst New Jersey D... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Drekalo Lakovic 1
Flyers' Brayden Schenn fined for cross-checking... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Reg 1
Ilya Kovalchuk Retires from NHL After 11-Year C... (Jul '13) Jul '13 me 1
NHL Draft Grades 2013: Ranking Best Team Perfor... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Trevor Timmins 1
Montreal Canadiens Smart to Buy Out Tomas Kaberle (Jun '13) Jun '13 Spartacus1962 2
Devils return top pick Stefan Matteau to juniors (Mar '13) Mar '13 skk 1
More from around the web