Canadian team Futures
Lakota

Swift Current, Canada

#1 Mar 11, 2012
Calgary; Looks like it will be a few tough years ahead for calgary. They are getting old and not much trade value with these old fellas. Not much in the system either. could be a few years without playoffs,or hope. Edmonton; This team with a couple of moves could be a team that will dominate and maybe even win a cup or two in the next few years. I really like what they have done in the draft. exiting and fast. but boy was it painfull for a few years. wasnt it ? MONTREAL; this is a team that will take a few years to fix . Big contracts for non producing players with long term consiquences. Just to get rid of them contracts will take time.could be a few years of more of what we have been seeing.
Lakota

Swift Current, Canada

#2 Mar 11, 2012
Ottawa. this is a team that everyone thought would be in the basement of the standings this year. I thought they would be also. Somehow they rebuilt in one year and look pretty good. Key i think was they got a goaltender that kept them in games they shouldnt have been in ,plus the fact that this team wouldnt quit when going into the third period down by two or three goals. they look pretty good. but it would surprise me if they dont look as good next year. seems all their players had really good years this year. next ?maybe not. TORONTO Heres a team that looked pretty good at the start of the year then tanked after the allstar game. I still think they have a good team,but goaltending and defensive lapses have hurt them. I dont think they are tough enough because after the allstar game,[when the games get tougher to play] they started to stumble. Like their youth and speed.
Lakota

Swift Current, Canada

#3 Mar 11, 2012
Winnipeg. I like this team. especially at home. they play a high spirited game and are hard to beat. good goaltending and good in most areas,but not great and any either. I think they will slip a bit next year,but have something to work with anyways. VANCOUVER. the best of the canadian teams from goaltending out. Our only real hope of bringing the cup back to Canada.

“HEISENBERG”

Since: Apr 09

MONTREAL

#4 Mar 13, 2012
Montreal:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF COMMON SENSE OR EVEN FAINTLY RELATED TO THE PROPER RUNNING OF A SPORTS ORGANIZATIONT TO REPORT AT THIS TIME.

ENTIRE ORGANIZATION MAY NEED TO BE SOLD TO ANOTHER PROVINCE TO AVOID COMPLETE AND UTTER BANKRUPTCY!!!

PROBLMES 100% NOT THE ASSETS BUTR RATHER MGMT AND EVERYONE ELSE ASSOCIATED WITH THE MGMT FOR THIS ORGANIZATION INCLUDING IT'S CEO AND OWNER GM AND IT'S ENTIRE BROKEN AND BLEEDINGLY INOMPETENT COACHING STAFF !
Labatts

Kingston, Canada

#5 Mar 16, 2012
You are 100% correct sir...and If I had 550 million sitting around I would buy them and bring you on board....
Its going to be an interesting off season and really...Geoff Molson will be judged by what happens at the sound of the buzzer at the end of the season.
There is nothing they can do right now...so there is no sense of throwing a new G.M into this skull duggery of non-sense...

The question is will Molson fall to the cry of a French G.M and coach or will he do what is needed and that is to hire the best man for the JOB....even if he speakes Chinese....

“HEISENBERG”

Since: Apr 09

MONTREAL

#6 Mar 16, 2012
LMFAO X 50 GAZILLION !!!

dmc

“NHL fan on strike ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#7 Apr 4, 2012
Lakota wrote:
Ottawa. this is a team that everyone thought would be in the basement of the standings this year. I thought they would be also. Somehow they rebuilt in one year and look pretty good. Key i think was they got a goaltender that kept them in games they shouldnt have been in ,plus the fact that this team wouldnt quit when going into the third period down by two or three goals. they look pretty good. but it would surprise me if they dont look as good next year. seems all their players had really good years this year. next ?maybe not. TORONTO Heres a team that looked pretty good at the start of the year then tanked after the allstar game. I still think they have a good team,but goaltending and defensive lapses have hurt them. I dont think they are tough enough because after the allstar game,[when the games get tougher to play] they started to stumble. Like their youth and speed.
The Buds won't make the playoffs until they get rid of Burke and do something about the play in their own end. One of their biggest problems was the fact that they'd make so many clearing attempts and NOT be able to clear the freaking puck. They also need some players that have some mental toughness. Face it, with those old teams pre-lockout that the Leafs had, a collapse like that wouldn't have happened. Also, a last place PK.
Lakota

Swift Current, Canada

#8 Apr 4, 2012
Im surprised the leafs havent picked up a couple of older players to mentor their young ones a bit. They looked so good for the first half of the year,then they just fizzled. Ive never seen such a drop like that. I think the leafs need a netminder too DMC. Not a one of the leaf goaltender have impressed me. Even last year when everyone was raving about riemer,i just didnt think he looked like an nhl goaltender
pureplay

AOL

#9 Apr 5, 2012
yeeee have little faith Spartacus.

Here is a blank slate again. If ownership makes the proper decisions, we might have a competitive team.

you gotta love it......all the suspense!!!!!!!
Lakota

Swift Current, Canada

#10 Apr 5, 2012
It is sad to see that five of the seven canadian teams are going to miss the playoffs this year. I would like to see all of them make it. That would make a really good view for the playoffs here in canada ! Maybe some day it will happen.

dmc

“NHL fan on strike ”

Location hidden

#11 Apr 5, 2012
Lakota wrote:
Im surprised the leafs havent picked up a couple of older players to mentor their young ones a bit. They looked so good for the first half of the year,then they just fizzled. Ive never seen such a drop like that. I think the leafs need a netminder too DMC. Not a one of the leaf goaltender have impressed me. Even last year when everyone was raving about riemer,i just didnt think he looked like an nhl goaltender
What they needed to pick up was some better D-men at the deadline....and goaltending. They don't need forwards. They scan score but when I stopped watching the D was atrocious. I was so sick and tired of weak clearing attempts just to see them hemmed in their own zone. If you looked at their statistics even before, their GF was high, but their GA was about the same. They had one of the highest GA when they were in the top 8.

Overall, I couldn't take it anymore. It took me over 6 years with a lack of results to stop watching them so I'm not exactly a bandwagoner. At the end of January I finally said enough. I'm still their fan, I still follow them, but this organization is the richest in hockey and charges their fans $200 per seat to see a game where the team isn't even that good. This team doesn't need my support, what they need is the fans to give them a good ole' wake up by giving them a kick in the butt. I was disgusted that at the time they hadn't gotten rid of Wilson as that should've been done over a year ago. It's been the SAME problems year after year with this team. Lack of goaltending, no mental thoughness, no PK, lack of D. I used to go see them play when they'd come down to Philly but I'd pay a good $50 for the nosebleeds (I don't make that much so that's a lot of money to me) and yet the Leafs would come out and lose by 3 or 4 goals. This year I decided I wasn't going to play to see them play. Time they gave me a product worth endorsing if they want me to pay for tickets to see them play, pay for the internet stream I use to watch them (the site I used has game archives so if I missed I could go back and watch, plus our cable network was ripping off it's customers with the NHL package,) or pay for the merchandise.

dmc

“NHL fan on strike ”

Location hidden

#12 Apr 5, 2012
Lakota wrote:
The problem with the goaltending was the only person I can think of that was available at the time was Turco. However, couldn't be any worse then what we have now.
Lakota

Swift Current, Canada

#13 Apr 5, 2012
Thing look bleak in toronto,but at least you have a team with a decent amount of talent,where as montreal has two or three players of any real value. You have some hope for the future DMC,but we in montreal have at least five or six more years of dispare ahead

dmc

“NHL fan on strike ”

Location hidden

#14 Apr 6, 2012
Lakota wrote:
Thing look bleak in toronto,but at least you have a team with a decent amount of talent,where as montreal has two or three players of any real value. You have some hope for the future DMC,but we in montreal have at least five or six more years of dispare ahead
Well if we got a hope for the future I don't see it. They win when they should be tanking and lose when they should try winning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montreal Canadiens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Newsy Lalonde day to be proclaimed by city hall Jul '16 Jasmine 1
News P.K. Subban's charity and what we learned the p... (Dec '15) Jul '16 Labatts 3
Subban GONE!! Jul '16 Labatts 1
News Free-falling Canadiens turn on each other durin... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
Habs lose B2B To Cellar dwellers (Jan '16) Jan '16 Spartacus Manly Man 1
Trevor Timmins stinks. (Jan '16) Jan '16 Spartacus Partner 1
News Blackhawks pound struggling Canadiens (Nov '14) Jan '16 Fart news 35
More from around the web