Wednesday Night 7:30 PM TSN: The Grea...

Wednesday Night 7:30 PM TSN: The Greatest Single Hockey Game EVER PLAYED !

Posted in the Montreal Canadiens Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“HEISENBERG”

Since: Apr 09

MONTREAL

#1 Sep 24, 2012
Canada Versus Russia Game 8
Live Replay from 1972
Wednesday TSN ~~~

You wanna see what a MAN looks like in Goal, watch this game there are 2 of them one at each end, and Both of them Make Carey price Look Like a sad Pathetic Joke !!!

All Night !!!

The Players, The Game itself, everything about Hockey was BLATANTLY better back then and those guys had they been exposed to the facilities and equipment today's players are and/or even played against the likes of Lemieux and Gretzky They would annihalate them !!!

it's Just No Fucking Contest

men played the Game back then
Today's Pros are PUSSYS compared to back then !!!
Ryan w

Toronto, Canada

#2 Sep 25, 2012
About as exciting as watching paint dry .These guys are slower then todays 4th liners . If hockey was all about crosschecking a dirty hits these would be great in todays game . Lucky for us most of them are long dead by now , same with the caveman game they used to play .
Labatts

Kinmount, Canada

#3 Sep 25, 2012
And nobody was over paid!!!

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#5 Sep 25, 2012
AND 6-5 WIN IN THE LAST 23 SECONDS SECURING THE WIN IN THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT HOCKEY SERIES EVER PLAYED WHICH FORCED EVERY SCHOOL AND UNIVERSITY IN THIS COUNTRY TO CLOSE WHILE THE GAME ITSELF WAS PLAYED !

NOT ONLY ARE RYANW'S COMMENTS...

"About as exciting as watching paint dry .These guys are slower then todays 4th liners . If hockey was all about crosschecking a dirty hits these would be great in todays game . Lucky for us most of them are long dead by now , same with the caveman game they used to play."...

...COMPLETELY FALSE, BUT THE Y SHOW A COMPLETE IGNORANCE AND LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH HE HIMSELF LIVES SAND THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT OF HOCKEY IN IT !!!

EVEN MORE REMARKABLE IS THE FACT THAT MILLIONS, NOT HUNDREDS, NOT THOUSAND, NOT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS, BUT MILLIONS OF PEOPLE LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY TODAY 100% BELIEVE IN WHAT I SAID AND WOULD TELL THIS FAG JERKOFF TO HIS FACE THIS IF HE WAS EVER SUDDENLY NOT SUCH A COWARD AND FACED THEM TO TAKE IT UP HIS ASS FROM THEM!!!!!!

LIKE I HAVE SAID HERE AND CLEARLY FROM OUR INTERACTIO9NS WITH THIS JERKOFF, RYANW HAS NOT UNDERSTANDING OF THE SPORT OF HOCKEY WHAT SO EVER AND IS A COMPLETELY LOST COWARD WHO IS UNABLE TO ADMIT WHEN HE IS 100% WRONG BEYOND ANYONE'S UNDERSTANDING !!!

IT IS POINTLESS TO ENGAGE HIM HE HAS NO CLUE WHAT THE FUCK HE SPEAKS OF AND LASTLY IT IS PEOPLE JUST LIKE HIM THE FEW THAT ARE STILL AROUND ARE EVEN PERMITTED TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS SPORT, HE REPRESENT S EVERY SINGLE THING THAT IS WRONG WITH IT IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!!!

AND I 100% BLAME HIM FUCKING LOSER PARENTS !FOR NOT BRINGING HIM UP PROPERLY AND BEING INBRED LOSERS THEMSELVES !!!!!
Dev Starr

Swift Current, Canada

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Not only does the little tit not understand hockey,he is an anti canadian. His little blurb there pretty well sums up what he is made of... shit...pure shit..what a -unt!!!!!!!!
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

#10 Sep 26, 2012
I tell you what , let's get that team from 72 and put them against the olympic team that won gold in 2010 and see how well they do . Oh wait , half the team from 72 are dead , long gone , relics , can barely even stand on their own feet anymore . Stop living in the past , its 2012 , wake up you old fucks .
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

#11 Sep 26, 2012
Any moron with half a brain will tell you todays hockey is 10 times faster , 10 times more skilled and 10 times better . The only thing the guys did better back then , was play like a bunch of cavemen with sticks . Anyone can skate around swinging there sticks and trying to kill someone . Todays hockey actually requires a player to have TALENT . Shit , europeans weren't even allowed to play in the league back then . That canada barely beat a team of NON PROFESSIONAL hockey players .
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

#12 Sep 26, 2012
There was 32 goals scored against canada in 8 games . Thats a average of 4 goals a game . You call that great goaltending ???? LMAO Ken dryden allowed 19 goals in 4 games against a bunch non professional hockey players ? 4.75 Gaa in 4 games for the great dryden . All 3 goalies that played had save % lower then 90%. These kind of stats would laughable in todays nhl . Even Carey Price puts up better numbers then this and he plays against ALL professional players . Infact , he plays against the best players in the world .

The series itself was important to Canada , 40 years ago . But to say this was Great hockey is laughable .
Labatts

Minden, Canada

#15 Sep 26, 2012
What took place in 72, who played and how they played the game can never be changed or replicated.
It was history in the making and brought Canada to the international stage.
You gotta love that series and the style the boys played...If you dont get goose bumps...well then maybe your an American!!

Todays game is different, obviously....and thats why were not watching hockey anymore....You wouldnt see this bullsh*t in the 70's!!!!!!!

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#16 Sep 26, 2012
you see Ryanw...up until the early 90's Russia Had No PRO designation for it's Hockey team, they were members of the Russian ARMY who lived together and practiced together for almost ten years before they met team Canada for the first time ever in an series to see which system of hockey was better, the Communist system or the Capitalist system. In essence they were the Russian Equivalence of a Pro Hockey Team that as mentioned below...NEVER LOST IN ANY TOURNAMENT EVER until they met Canada !!!
FOR 37 YEARS !!!NEVER ONCE DID THEY LOSE ANYTHING THEY PLAYED IN !!! THEY WERE BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS THE BEST AND MOST DOMINANT HOCKEY ORGANIZATION AND STILL TO THIS DAY, OF ALL TIME !!!The Soviet national ice hockey team (Russia was the national hockey team of the Soviet Union. The Soviets were the most dominant team of all time in international play. The team won nearly every world championship and Olympic tournament between 1954 and 1991 held by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF). Due to the questionable nature of the amateur status of the Soviet players, their participation in the Olympics was questioned.[citation needed] The controversy was about the IIHF's definition of amateurs and professionals. However, the Soviets were generally dominant in amateur and professional tournaments alike. After 1991, the Soviet team competed as the Unified Team at the 1992 Winter Olympics and as the Commonwealth of Independent States at the 1992 World Championship. In 1993, it was replaced by national teams for Belarus, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia and Ukraine. The IIHF recognized the Russian ice hockey federation as the successor to the Soviet Union hockey federation and passed its ranking on to Russia. The other national hockey teams were considered new and sent to compete in Pool C. The IIHF Team of the Century included four Soviet-Russian players out of a team of six. Goalie Vladislav Tretiak, defenseman Vyacheslav Fetisov and forwards Valeri Kharlamov and Sergei Makarov who played for the Soviet teams in the 1970s and the 1980s were voted on to the IIHF Centennial All-Star Team in a poll conducted by a group of 56 experts from 16 countries. IN ORDER TO MAKE THE COMMENTS YOU DID RYANW YOU WOULD HAVE TO NOT BE AWARE OF ALL THIS AND BE LOST WHEN IT COMES TO THE SIGNIFCANCE OF WHAT HAPPENED IN 1972 !!!
PITTING ASIDE ALL MY VENOM AND HATRED FOR THE COMMENTS YOU MAKE HERE I WANT YOU TO KNOW ALL THIS BECAUSE QUITE SIMPLY IT IS THE FUCKING TRUTH!!! GO WATCH SOME OF THE SAVES TRETIAK AND DRYDEN BOTH MAKE IN THIS GAME AND TRY AFTER THAT TO TELL ME PRICE IS EVEN IN THE SAME FUCKING SPORT AS THESE GUYS !!!THEY COULD HAVE BEEN SCORED ON 30 TIMES EACH IN THAT GAME ALONE, AND STILL THE SAVES THEY EACH MADE MAKE PRICE LOOK LIKE A FUCKING JOKE !!!
GIVE GORDIE HOWE, BELIVEAU, BOBBY ORR, ET AL THE SAME BENEFITS AS TODAY'S PLAYERS AND YOU HAVE ZERO FUCKING ARGUMENT LEFT TO MAKE IT IS POINTLESS TO EVEN DISPUTE IT AND JUST MAKES YOU LOOK DUMB
THEY WERE BIGGER THEY WERE STRONGER THEY WERE TOUGHER AND THEY PLAYED BECAUSE THEY LOVED THE GAME AND FOR PEANUTS COMPARED TO TODAY'S PLAYERS, IN FACT THE SCALE IS WAY OFF THE CHARTS, THEY GOT NOTHING COMPARED TO TODAYS PLAYERS AND STILL PLAYER TOUGHER BIGGER AND STRONGER !!! IMHO A SMALL GUY LIKE THE ROAD RUNNER YVON COURNOYER WAS FASTER IN 1972 THEN AT LEAST HALF THE GUYS IN THE NHL ARE TODAY !!! AND JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR IN GAME 6 PAUL HENDERSON SCORED A GOAL NO ONE IN THE NHL TODAY COULD HAVE EVER SCORED TO BRING CANADA WITHIN 1 GAME OF THE SOVIETS AND THE GOAL THAT PETER MAHOVLICH SCORED AGAINST TRETIAK IN GAME 2 AT MAPLE LEAF GARDENS MAY BE THE SINGLE GREATEST GOAL SCORED IN HOCKEY HISTORY NEXT TO THE SERIES WINNING GOAL IN 1972, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS, PETER MAHOVLICH'S GOAL IS THE GREATEST INDIVIDUAL EFFORT BY ANY HOCKEY PLAYER TO EVER PLAY THIS GAME !!! PURE TOUGHNESS AND BRUTE STRENGTH THE LIKES OF WHICH NO PLAYER IN HOCKEY TODAY COULD EVER EVER EQUAL !

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#17 Sep 26, 2012
The Soviet national ice hockey team "СС СР" , was the national hockey team of the Soviet Union. The Soviets were the most dominant team of all time in international play.

The team won nearly every world championship and Olympic tournament between 1954 and 1991 held by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF). Due to the questionable nature of the amateur status of the Soviet players, their participation in the Olympics was questioned.[citation needed]

READ THAT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO YOUR BRAIN RYANW !!!

THEY WERE MEMBERS OF THE SOVIET ARMY WHO LIVED TOGETHER AND PRACTICED TOGETHER EVERY DAY FOR OVER 40 YEARS!!!

THE TEAM THAT PLAYED CANADA FOR THE FIRST TIME HAD NOT LOST ONCE EVER AND WAS TOGETHER FOR TEN YEARS FORM THE TIME THEY WERE ADOLESCENTS SLEEPING UNDER THE SAME ARMY ROOF AND PRACTICING ON THE SAME OUT DOOR RUSSIAN RINK FOR TEN YEARS PRIOR WITHOUT MISSING EVEN ONE DAY UP UNTIL THEY PLAYED TEAM CANADA !!!

The controversy was about the IIHF's definition of amateurs and professionals. However, the Soviets were generally dominant in amateur and professional tournaments alike. After 1991, the Soviet team competed as the Unified Team at the 1992 Winter Olympics and as the Commonwealth of Independent States at the 1992 World Championship. In 1993, it was replaced by national teams for Belarus, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia and Ukraine. The IIHF recognized the Russian ice hockey federation as the successor to the Soviet Union hockey federation and passed its ranking on to Russia. The other national hockey teams were considered new and sent to compete in Pool C. The IIHF Team of the Century included four Soviet-Russian players out of a team of six. Goalie Vladislav Tretiak, defenseman Vyacheslav Fetisov and forwards Valeri Kharlamov and Sergei Makarov who played for the Soviet teams in the 1970s and the 1980s were voted on to the IIHF Centennial All-Star Team in a poll conducted by a group of 56 experts from 16 countries.[1]

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#18 Sep 26, 2012
I could not resist after watching this game again, I had to come in here and say one last thing!!!

THE 3RD PERIOD THAT CANADA PLAYED IN THIS FINAL GAME DOWN 5-3 TO THE SOVIET NATIONAL TEAM MAY JUST BE THE SINGLE GREATEST PERIOD OF HOCKEY EVER PLAYED BY ANY TEAM IN THIS SPORT ANYWHERE ON EARTH IN ANY TIME IN MANKIND'S HISTORY !!!
Labatts

Sarnia, Canada

#19 Sep 26, 2012
Im watching it now...5-4 soviets 14 minutes to play.....great game!!
Dev Starr

Swift Current, Canada

#20 Sep 26, 2012
Foster hewit... now there was an anouncer...rian you really stepped in a pile of poo when you made them anti canadian comments... your integrity was low before,now you are not even considered human...........piece of poo
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

#21 Sep 27, 2012
Here's the thing dickwad . Anyone who wasn't born then , really doesn't give a shit and in 10-20 years from now when all the old fucks like you arn't around anymore , No one will even be talking about it .

I never once disputed that the game was important for canada, i said i would not consider it to be " great hockey " .

Dev? Anti candian remarks ? Where do you see that ?

It is your personal opinion that this was the greatest hockey game ever played , but ask people in their 20's-30's and none of them will agree with you . Just like me . It is a matter of opinion and to expect people who weren't even alive then to agree with you is just fucking insane .
Dev Starr

Swift Current, Canada

#22 Sep 27, 2012
I wasnt alive when the second world war played out,but i still am aware of its importance to the world and my country..it is a landmark,just as the seventy two series was and is. Some little pup like you throws dirt on it and you expect real canadians to sit by and say nothing you little piece of cow dung :::grow up you little turd. People may die and time goes on,but history is important to people who really care.. obviously you dont ya little....er
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

#24 Sep 28, 2012
Whats wrong Dev ? Did i hit a sore spot with you . I knew i would get a rise out of you .hehehehehehehehe

Comparing a WORLD WAR to a Hockey series , its just moronic . People died for their country at war. They don't teach the 72 summit series in history class at school do they ? They don't have days to remember the players in the 72 series do they ? Big difference dumb dumb .

I never once disputed the importance of the series to canada , i stated the quality of hockey , was not so great . I am entitled to my opinion and i don't give 2 shits what you or fuck face sparty think . The 2010 olympic team would have crushed the 72 team . Thats my opinion and i stand by it and there is no way either of you can prove me wrong ...
Dev Starr

Swift Current, Canada

#25 Sep 28, 2012
You keep dumping on one of the greatest series in history,calling the players down that are heroes in Canada. Where are you really from ?? Russia ? get over it comrade...we beat you !!!!!Good thing Price wasnt in net or we would have lost all eight games.Maybe slow down on the vodka,you talk so stupid when you drink it.
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

#26 Sep 28, 2012
Do you even read what has been said ? I dumped on the quality of hockey , which in my opinion , was not as great as you guys say .

You call hockey players heroes? That's sad man . Real heroes are people like the soldiers who lost their lives defending our country . Real heroes are people like doctors , police men , fire fighters etc . Not professional athletes .
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

#27 Sep 28, 2012
Canada was considered the heavy favorites going in and they just barely won . Barely !!! infact if it hadn't of been for bobby clarke cheap shot and breaking Valeri Kharlamov's leg taking him out of game 7 and making him useless in game 8 , they may have never even won the series .

You see i know all about the 72 series , eventhough i wasn't even born . I just have a difference of opinion . I have watched all the games , i know all the players . I just don't think it was "great hockey" and i sure as hell don't think the hockey then was as good as today . Thats my opinion and if you don't like , too bad , so sad .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montreal Canadiens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blow up this team. 5 hr Labatts 2
Where is Spartacus and Dev Starr and Lian Ryan Fri Labatts 1
Fire Bergevin and take Trevor Timmins with you.. Nov 16 Labats 2
News Bergevin's Window Closing Nov 14 Are phartse 4
Several sites ask fans to boycott games Oct 23 Fits Phartse 1
News Montreal Canadiens: Alex Galchenyuk May Be on t... Oct '17 Fits Phartse 6
Habs management an Unnatural Disaster Sep '17 Spartagus Husband 1
More from around the web