PK Subban worth more than reported offer from Canadiens

Aug 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sporting News

PK Subban's agent denied a report that the Montreal Canadiens offered his client a two-year, $5.5 million contract and that the sides were "far apart" in their negotiations.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Aug 18, 2012
labatts

Peterborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

this will get F*cked up....just you wait and see.

“HEISENBERG”

Since: Apr 09

MONTREAL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

THIS GM HAS ALREADY proved a problem for this team and even if their is a season price is going to get completely shelled and this team's MGMT, YET AGAIN and with probably no reprisals or taking of responsibility what so ever for the mess...is going to have a fuck of a lot of explaining to do !!!

Price, who is maybe the single most inconsistent goaltender in NHL history was given a raise and a perverted 7.5 million per year for the next 6 years...after failing completely for the past 6.

Markov, who is a shadow of what he onbce was, is holding dsown a spot he himself cannot fill and team is eithe rlost or bgeing bribed to completey fuck themeselves over wiht Markov again who for 15 years now, has never ONCE EVEN stepped up and PWNED any game at all, reg season or playoffs, by himself, never ONCE even.

They somehow felt they needed to win so chose JJ Daogneault to coach trhe defense over Larry Robinson

They haven't signed the fastest player {it isn't even close} on the team and it;s best defensemen and the guy on this team woiht the absolute most potential, Subban, and they CLAIM they want to win and things are different.,..BULLSHIT...this is proof of that complete fucking lie right here!!!!

They needed to Bolster their size up front and solidify the winger situation so what did they do...they did this...instead...they filled an extra spot designated just for this purpose with Pulushaij, and unproven sophmore defensemen who had a dreadful rookie season at best and finished the season on the injured list!!!

I could go on for three days on just the mistakes they have made this off season alone!!!

This team is nothing less than DOOMED, And the Price contract set the pace for the whole sordid complete, yet again...fuck up!!!
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

Again , here he goes with rock hard solid facts . Palushaj , and unproven sophmore d-man ? Did you even watch a game last year ? Because i did and he was a winger . Infact you should look him up as he has never been a d-man .

What exactly has Subban proved ? 2 years into the league and he hasn't won shit . Takes horrible penalties . I will agree with you that the Price contract was too big , 100 percent . But he has done a lot more then subban and subban is coming off a rookie contract . 2-3 years at 3 million tops , until he truly proves himself . Then he will be worth the big money and i do believe he will be worth the big money one day soon , same goes for Price . I think price's contract is overpayed right now , but i do believe he will be earning it very soon .
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

And Price's contract is 39 million over 6 years . If you do the math 39 divided by 6 = 6.5 , not the 7.5 you mentioned above . You're really on a roll these last few weeks, so full of knowledge you are .
Labatts

Peterborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

Its a bit of a slap in the face to Subban. Its kind of saying we like you but not for a long period of time.
3.5 million/ 4years. would be okay....I dont think hes worth 5.5 million yet...but someday for sure.

Im focused on the midgets and why they havent been let go, or sent down or whatever it takes to get off this team....Its because of the midgets why we dont have two big power forwards.

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

Ryan again you have no place here other than as antagonist and should go far far away as soon a possible because you are 100% LOSING THIS ARGUMENT AND EVERY HOCKEY ARGUMENT YOU HAVE EVER HAD OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. That Guy is a Massive mistake period, and 1 million more or less for a typo on prices contract changes nothing here you complete Fuck Up. You and every single person that supports your bullshit in Montreal is as big a part of the problem is Price himself is.

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

...And I have deliberately NOT mentioned Gomez, Gionta and the rest of them. It is refreshing to see at least one person here other than myself gets that.
When people realize the magnitude of the deliberate mistake which is really nothing more than a hidden FROG sepratist bullshit Agenda...of Choosing J J Daigneault to coach the defense over Larry Fucking Robinson...it will already be too late to fix this. This team is Doomed, and I am going to shove this down your throat RyansW over and over and over and over again when Price and this entire team falls on it's fucking decisions over this useless cowboy wannabe sub oar goal tender's ass. If this team were serious at all they would have singed Subban to that contract instead of Price.
Labatts

Peterborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

I agree with the Larry Robinson mishap...

If i had to guess...the new coach didnt want two experienced coaches behind the bench!!!

So bring in a guy who has NO experience buts last name is french....
I wonder if its to late for Larry Robinsoneault to reapply?
Labatts

Peterborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

I little investigation and I think we would discover "Habgate"..!Quebecs polital influence to stay as much french as they can and F*ck everyone over...
Mr Molson tell your wife to give your balls back and take back this team!!!!

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

i am just so fed up of the nonsense I mean even the french press won't shut up about price and I mean if they can see it why can't the so called "fans".

For 6.5 Million for the next 6 years he had better turn in the Best Season any goalie has turned in in 50 fucking years to be worth that kind of money this coming season...but he's Incapable of it !!!

It is unfathomable after all he has NOT DONE that so few people can see what is 100% coming and just over the horizon.
Ryan

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

What a sad sad little man you are . I don't care if you where off by 50 cents , if you're gonna post facts , get them right . I am sick of you posting " made up" facts just to suit your own agenda .

Carey Price has accomplished 10 times more then Subban has and his numbers speak for themselves . Every media outlet calls him a top 5 in the Nhl . Every article i read says locking him up was the best move montreal has made . I agree that the contract is a heavy and maybe over priced , but if Ryan sutter can make 7.5 million and alexander semin can make 7 million , then Carey Price most certainetly deserves to make 6.5 million .
pureplay

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Glad to see nothing has changed here.

My two cents? The Price contract is too big at 6.5.

The new GM has has decided to ensure that the francophone image is paramount, then comes everything else.

Michel Therrien could not possibly work with a well like Larry Robinson, who could take over Therriens job at the drop of a puck. I mean cammon....would you hire a guy that is better than you to work side by side with you so he could take your job one day

Subban is still a bit of a joke to me. 2.5 million/ year for 2 years is good enough. The only reason he played big minutes lasy year was because everyone else was so much worse.

Spartacus...how are you doing there buddy?? Don't let it get to you !!
Labatts

Peterborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

PurePlay your dead on the money...
Its just hard to accept all the behind the scenes crap that has turned this organization into a big Joke...
A team that has bad seasons over 5,7, even 10 years is one thing...but a team that is basically telling its fans and players that we will never be truly champions and win again because we need to keep everything french from the players right to the coach and G.M......It doesnt matter that their not the number one person for the job, it only matter's that their french!!!

Its a slap in the face to all fans, and when your paying hundreds of dollars to see 1 game and thousands for the season, knowing that your team owner, management have not done all they could do to invest your money so that you can win the cup....Then its absolutely 100% that there is no more reason to follow this team and pay for the tickets and anything else hab related.....

The reality is Molson made changes...but thats all he did!!
He didnt do anything to improve this team or change it, or change the people that pull the strings.
He has given in to the politics.....
And in that fact....Sparty is correct!!

Were all correct in a sense of what we believe and the thoughts we post.
We can agree and disagree about players and coach, GM etc etc...but until an owner separates himself from the idea of french being top priority in its players and coaching staff.....than we will never have a winning season....

Just my thought..hope it doesnt piss anyone off!!!
pureplay

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

You have good points.

This is a business and I think this particular owner is looking for only one thing.....RETURN ON INVESTMENT, PROFITABILITY, AND APPRECIATION OF HIS INVESTMENT.

Politics is much of it, the customer base is probably 75% francophone so like any good owner he is catering to please his customer base. Unfortunately this is what I think is going on here. It always starts from the top. The Bell Center is selling out and that is what really counts to management.

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Judged:

If he has a Great Outing next time he plays I will be the first to say so. meanwhile...They have even bigger problems including a GM who obviously has a personal FRENCH agenda imho.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••