NHL rescinds instigator penalty again...

NHL rescinds instigator penalty against Minnesota Wild's Brad Staubitz

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 19, 2011, titled NHL rescinds instigator penalty against Minnesota Wild's Brad Staubitz. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

There will be no suspension of Minnesota Wild forward Brad Staubitz and no big fine for coach Todd Richards from the NHL after a late-game fracas in the Wild's 4-1 win over the Edmonton Oilers Tuesday night in Edmonton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

kirbymolly

Chaska, MN

#1 Jan 19, 2011
GOOD NEWS! I really want 2 points tonight!
JUST THE FACTS

Maple Grove, MN

#2 Jan 19, 2011
Should throw that rule in the garbage anyway.
Barry

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 19, 2011
JUST THE FACTS wrote:
Should throw that rule in the garbage anyway.
I agree.... mostly. It shouldn't be automatic suspension and fine. I think it should be dealt with case by case. there are times where the fine/suspension fit the crime but each case should be open for interpretation by the referees doing the game, not the league office.
Spector

Elmhurst, IL

#4 Jan 19, 2011
Good...now they can work on rescinding the PP goal that resulted from the "penalty" and give the floppy goalie his 2nd consecutive shut-out. He earned it.

I agree with "Just the Facts," though. It is pretty dumb....its hockey for cripes sake!

Then they can rescind giving teams each a point in a tie game. A win is a win whether in regulation or shootouts. Dumb.
wtf

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 19, 2011
Hopefully they have different on-ice officiating tonight. That 3rd period was a disaster!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Oilers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sharks fans boo "O Canada" (May '06) Nov '17 SharksPhartse 102
News From McDavid's Oilers to Matthews' Leafs, Canad... Sep '17 From phartx 2
News Edmonton Oilers Oil and News: Smyth, Talbot and... (Jul '15) Jul '17 See phartse 4
News Hockey tribute for slain man (Feb '07) Jun '17 His phartse 96
News Jordan Eberle's two goals lead Edmonton Oilers ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Check Out the Edmonton Oilers Pride Tape Campaign (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Emma: Patrick Kane Keeps Elevating His Game (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 3
More from around the web