Blue Jackets notebook: Souray is available at bargain price | BlueJacketsXtra

Feb 20, 2011 Read more: BlueJacketsXtra
Sheldon Souray, once among the NHL's elite power-play defensemen, currently is available at half-price after the Edmonton Oilers placed the 34-year-old on re-entry waivers yesterday. Read more
Ben

Boston, MA

#1 Feb 20, 2011
God, I hope not. I live in Boston and saw Souray play the Falcons several times. In terms of speed, heck, he's slower than Commodore, who Arniel was convinced was too slow for his system. Further, while the rocket shot was still there, he wasn't even that good positionally in games I saw.
geddylee

Columbus, OH

#2 Feb 20, 2011
The absolute LAST thing this team needs is to trade for another mediocre player. Pass.
CBJ fan from the start

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 20, 2011
Idk? Maybe Souray just dosent care about the Oilers orginazation any more? That could be the problem, or he is really done. Either way it seems too risky to claim him. Do we really need a guy who gives up on there team? I think not. We do need some help on the back end though.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 22, 2011
I think we should take a chance. This dude knows he'd down to his final shot in the league and if he doesn't perform with the BlueJackets he probably won't get another look by anyone else. Plus Howson probably doesn't have any other good trades lined up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Oilers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Take our comprehensive Edmonton Oilers survey (Apr '14) Mar 30 stewart scott 3
News Shaw eliminates 400 jobs nationwide, 140 in Cal... (Apr '14) Apr '14 is COGECO any che... 1
Gagner for Del Zotto? (Jan '14) Jan '14 bro 1
News NHL suspends Canucks' Kassian five games for hi... (Sep '13) Dec '13 sam 2
News Dallas - Edmonton Trade Proposal (Nov '13) Nov '13 JSP 1
News Recap: Edmonton vs. Toronto (Oct '13) Oct '13 Tim 1
News Habs' Eller: Oilers 'play a little bit like a j... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Spartacus1962 4
More from around the web