Tom Powers: Oilers' goading gets Nikl...

Tom Powers: Oilers' goading gets Niklas Backstrom's goat

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Tom Powers: Oilers' goading gets Niklas Backstrom's goat. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Niklas Backstrom was bumped, elbowed and flat-out knocked down by the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Julia

Eden Prairie, MN

#1 Feb 9, 2009
Ok where are Jack Trap and Keith now? Your players are picking on a goalie?? Now THAT is playing fair.(Rolling my eyes)

Since: Jun 08

Apple Valley, MN

#2 Feb 9, 2009
Skoula sucks
Justin

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 9, 2009
Where's Don Cherry calling out the guy turtling up after whacking Boogaard.

And Tom, after seeing him run Backstrom, if Gange's a clean player, Madonna's a virgin...

Since: Dec 08

Edmonton, Canada

#5 Feb 9, 2009
Julia wrote:
Ok where are Jack Trap and Keith now? Your players are picking on a goalie?? Now THAT is playing fair.(Rolling my eyes)
It was a good game to watch. Outcome was disappointing. Can't say I'd agree with the Oilers letting Tom Gilbert take a shot in the shootout, though.
Home ice again proves the difference. If either team can break serve in the other's barn, they may not split the six-game season series.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Oilers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jordan Eberle's two goals lead Edmonton Oilers ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Check Out the Edmonton Oilers Pride Tape Campaign (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Emma: Patrick Kane Keeps Elevating His Game (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 3
News Hockey tribute for slain man (Feb '07) Oct '15 Fart news 90
News Edmonton Oilers Oil and News: Smyth, Talbot and... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News Connor McDavid Only Has The NHL To Blame (May '15) May '15 stewart scott 3
News Anaheim Ducks clinch Pacific Division title, ro... (Apr '15) Apr '15 mike tirico 2
More from around the web