Wild lose to divisional rival Edmonton Oilers

Full story: TwinCities.com
The Minnesota Wild may have officially lost their grip on the Edmonton Oilers. In a key game between the seventh- and eighth-place teams in the Northwest Division, Edmonton waylaid the Wild 3-1 to even the ... Full Story
Hooksetter

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 31, 2009
The guys played good...but again...this team just doesn’t have enough good players to be elite. You can debate until your blue in the face as to how they need to do this...or do that but the fact remains. Just not enough scoring talent on this club to separate themselves from the pack. We need more urgency in free agency and we need to take a risk and sign some proven scoring talent. Otherwise they should trade Backstrom, PMB and whoever else and begin to rebuild with young prospects and high draft picks. Option 3 would be stay the course and see the same marginally fun hockey repeat itself again...and again...and again

Since: Oct 08

Andover, MN

#2 Jan 31, 2009
This inconsistency is infuriating.
hockey Bob

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 31, 2009
Enough is enough the Doug and Jack-ass Jock show has to go! We let them make picks and trades for the future and nothing has happened. The future is here after 10 years of nothing, the team has the softest Defence in the NHL and only 2 players that have the ability to be physical. I'm done as a season ticket holder I won't waste anymore of my hard earned money on this team. It reminds me of when Lou Nanne wrecked the North Stars.

Since: Dec 08

Edmonton, Canada

#4 Feb 3, 2009
hockey Bob wrote:
Enough is enough the Doug and Jack-ass Jock show has to go! We let them make picks and trades for the future and nothing has happened. The future is here after 10 years of nothing, the team has the softest Defence in the NHL and only 2 players that have the ability to be physical. I'm done as a season ticket holder I won't waste anymore of my hard earned money on this team. It reminds me of when Lou Nanne wrecked the North Stars.
Good post. Call 'em like you see 'em.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Oilers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shaw eliminates 400 jobs nationwide, 140 in Cal... Apr '14 is COGECO any che... 1
Take our comprehensive Edmonton Oilers survey Apr '14 betty pedersen 1
Gagner for Del Zotto? (Jan '14) Jan '14 bro 1
NHL suspends Canucks' Kassian five games for hi... (Sep '13) Dec '13 sam 2
Dallas - Edmonton Trade Proposal (Nov '13) Nov '13 JSP 1
Recap: Edmonton vs. Toronto (Oct '13) Oct '13 Tim 1
Habs' Eller: Oilers 'play a little bit like a j... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Spartacus1962 4
•••
•••

Edmonton Oilers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••