Jackets move up Garon to No.1 | BlueJacketsXtra

Full story: BlueJacketsXtra

The Blue Jackets are treading lightly, wending their way day by day through a tricky situation with goaltenders Steve Mason and Mathieu Garon.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
CBJazzed

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Where's Dwayne Roloson when you need him?
Matt

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Finally!
Cbj9

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

I think this will give the Jackets some stability they desperately need.
Susan

Granville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

I think Matty has matured over his years as a backup and can show the poise and skill necessary to help out the team in this role. Let's get a win tonight!!
Lady BlueJacket

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Why are they not bringing in a Sports Physcoligist for Mason. It sounds to me like a "mental" block of no confidence. Lots of sports figures use them, such as ice skaters, why not hockey players?
Andrew

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Yeah, good luck with that. This team is headed straight for another losing season.
Cincinasty

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

You always have the most creative insights, Andrew. How's Cincy's NHL team doing? Oh, wait...
Blitzkrieg

New Bremen, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

I'm a huge fan of Garon. I hope this goes very well for him.
hjg

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Matty is a class act and is a good role model for Mase. I hope Mason is able to work through it - I believe he will.

Since: Jun 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Good.
What a soap opera

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

I came here a lifelong hockey fan having followed teams wherever I lived around the US and in Europe. But after 3 years of no effort, obscene prices, fans with no clue who ruin sight lines by leaning forward in their seats and standing during play and Dublin Yuppies with their obnoxious kids mugging for the Jumbotron I gave up on them.
Their is no commitment to effort here, no commitment to winning and the fools that still spend their money to support this joke of a franchise are just that.
Fools.
The sooner they are history the better.
JOHN YOUNG

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

other then Mason's first season with the blue jackets he has been average at best. I don't know if he can see the puck coming and when he is in goal I don't have alot of hope for the jackets winning but with Garon this season he has played like Mason's first season (which was geat)

I would send Mason to the minors for goalie re-training to get him back to his first season ability!!!!
dave chappelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

What a soap opera wrote:
I came here a lifelong hockey fan having followed teams wherever I lived around the US and in Europe. But after 3 years of no effort, obscene prices, fans with no clue who ruin sight lines by leaning forward in their seats and standing during play and Dublin Yuppies with their obnoxious kids mugging for the Jumbotron I gave up on them.
Their is no commitment to effort here, no commitment to winning and the fools that still spend their money to support this joke of a franchise are just that.
Fools.
The sooner they are history the better.
I grew up in Boston with the Big Bad Bruins of the '70s. I've seen NHL hockey in ten arenas. You are clueless and classless. Please, stay away. We don't need you at the games.
wingsfan

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

I know CBJ fans have had a rough go of it lately, but you have to give Mason time. I remember when Kipprusoff and Nabokov entered the NHL, they had good freshman seasons and then struggled for a few years only to become dominant goaltenders (at least up until last season, but thats a whole other discussion).

I still think someday Mason will be Mr. Franchise for you guys, right behind Nash. Keep the faith.
CBJ Fan

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Matty is not a perfect goalie, but few goalies are. What he has shown the fans, however, is a pretty consistently good effort and I feel better knowing that he will be playing more frequently. I feel bad for Mason, he does have a lot of talent, but even a talented player can have fits and starts before finding his/her groove. In the meantime, the Blue Jackets need to start kicking bu$$ if they intend to save face and not end this season like the last one.
arothey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Like a Dispatch article from a few days ago said, I think one of the obvious solutions is to send him to the minors for a bit of maturation. After snagging the Calder (or any other sort of wunderkind accolade), it can be difficult to live up to one's initial success. His self-image has to be pretty much shot at this point, and I don't think any amount of game tape watching will build it back up. He needs to ripen up a bit with the Falcons.
Steve

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Well, it's about time! I think Garon's been playing better than Mason for about two years now.
No View for 22 dollars

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Im sorry, I have to agree with one thing soap opera said. The fans in the arena can be rude as hell. Every game I have been to, and thats ALOT (psl holder) there is ALWAYS some noob sitting in front of me that sits at the end of there seats, and blocks half the ice, so they can be a whole 3 feet closer to the ice. They do this even when NO ONE is sitting in the row in front of them. I have kids that struggle to see as it is, and for them, all they see is the back of some a**holes head all night. Get a clue, I have tryed being nice about it, but any more,,,,I do terrible things to these "Fans". Hope you like snot, and spit in your hair or jackets, because if you do this in front of me,,,,,,well, you get what you get.
Greatwhite north

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Judged:

I'm not sure Mason can be sent to the minors as he would have to clear waivers....I could be wrong on this. Does anyone know if the CBA allows this to happen?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Calgary Flames Discussions

Search the Calgary Flames Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Calgary Flames aim to put scoring struggles beh... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Rwk 1
Toronto Maple Leafs (Oct '13) Oct '13 Glory 2
Every NHL Team's Most Overpaid Player (Aug '13) Sep '13 Marissa 2 7
Oilers tell Souray to stay away from camp (Sep '10) Dec '12 NHL Podium 14
..slash..pay cheoues (Nov '12) Nov '12 SHYKORA ARTs paul 2
Time for Flames to better embrace youth movement (May '12) Oct '12 Joe Young 3
Flames edge Canadiens 5-4 (Mar '12) Mar '12 Spartacus1962 2
•••
•••