Chicago Blackhawks down Anaheim Ducks...

Chicago Blackhawks down Anaheim Ducks 3-2 in OT

There are 39 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 3, 2009, titled Chicago Blackhawks down Anaheim Ducks 3-2 in OT. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

As the NHL season enters the final stretch of the regular season, the Blackhawks are going to keep running into teams desperate for points.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TOM COTNER

United States

#21 Mar 4, 2009
The NHL NETWORK just reported that the Pittsburgh Penguins just picked up CRAIG ADAMS off waivers from the HAWKS and in light of that transaction, the HAWKS picked up from the Toronto Maple Leafs, a center in the likes of DOMENIC MOORE. Apparantly, there also seems to be some chatter about the future of NIKKY KHABIBULIN again. I can't believe that DALE TALLON is still actually considering a trade of the NIKSTER to the CAPITALS for MICHAEL NYLANDER. And it appears that the FLYERS are still concerned with their goalie situation and subsequently interested in bolstering that position, perhaps with a trade for Atlanta's KARI LEHTONEN or even the HAWKS for KHABIBULIN. Anyone think that a trade with PHILLY on a JEFF CARTER / NIKKY KHABIBULIN switch good ???
RamRod

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Mar 4, 2009
TOM COTNER wrote:
Trade Havlat by the Deadline, today, well, of course not. But not returning to the team for next season, you betcha. The way he has played this season for the $18 mill. the Hawks paid is exactly what we thought we were getting from Ottawa when we did the deal, and based on his prior potential. But for 2 seasons, he was AWOL for the most part. And again, I keep coming back to his shoulder and what would be the most likely situation, if someone blasted him with a big time check into the boards. The $$$$ it would cost to keep Havlat for another season would be better spent on additional youth and someone who is much more durable. If for no other reason, because of all the chatter about the impending salary cap decline in 2 seasons and another decline the season after that. Do we NOT remember keeping and paying big time for ERIC DAZE ??? How many games did this guy play in the final 3-4 seasons that he was signed for ??? END OF STORY !!!
Havlat hasn't hurt the team. He hasn't been a big contributor the last couple of seasons. Agreed.

Campbell isn't sterile perfect. Could be said of several guys on the team. Agreed.

These are but two of several items that Rocky's management team MAY need to address. I'm going out on a limb here and suggest that anything that needs to be taken care of, will be and I have no idea of what that entails. Call it blind faith.

Simple minded fan that I am, I'm enjoying the big picture filled with savvy (but still youthful) vets and determined, brash and talented kids. Got a problem with that? ;-)

"They're OUR kids, damnit!"

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Since: Oct 08

Naperville

#23 Mar 4, 2009
Look they are not going to trade Havlat, they can sign him for next year ok. And just cause the NHL network says that they are not happy with Campbell does not mean that there is any truth to that. Have you noticed his ice time?? If they were not happy with him he would not be out on the ice as much as he is. Plus no team is going to take that contract. Campbell was the top coveted defenseman on the open market last year I am sure that the Hawks still want him.

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Naperville

#24 Mar 4, 2009
Chris Kuc wrote an article about Havlat and there has been talk about this from other sources besides the Tribune. Here is the quote from Chris the ice and off the ice," said Havlat, who missed 73 games with injuries the last two campaigns. "I love this city and my teammates too. I'd like to stay here."

The free-agent-to-be said the Hawks and his agent are "talking."

To me Havlat wants to be here. The Hawks are a team that players want to come to. When they come to the UC they hear the fans and how crazy it is. They see the fun that the Hawks players are having, and the love that the fans have for them. The other players in the NHL also see that the Hawks are genuine about winning the Cup. Chicago is a hot destination for players. And our team is very good, Tallon only needs to tweak the lineup alittle bit. Watch them once they get in the playoffs, they are going to make some noise this year, now that is the End of the Story!

Commit to the Indian!!!!
USMCVet

United States

#25 Mar 4, 2009
Campbell is 5th in scoring on the team. Although his play is a little inconsistent, he is still a good fit for the Hawks.
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#26 Mar 4, 2009
Campbell was brought here for point production. He is giving the Hawks just that. He is among the top few defensemen in the league in points. What did people expect?

He's not the perfect defenseman, no such thing. He might not hit hard, but he is adequate in the D zone, plus he spends no time in the box. He fits in well on this team and they need a speedy, offensive minded defenseman. These are good tradeoffs for the lack of hitting.
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#27 Mar 4, 2009
So long Wiz...

traded for a minus 16 centerman with mono
USMCVet

United States

#28 Mar 4, 2009
Why? Why? Why? That was one of the worst trades! We got nothing!
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#29 Mar 4, 2009
and look at what Toronto got for Moore and Antropov. Not too much.

Sheesh, I don't know about this one.
Mike

Hammond, IN

#30 Mar 4, 2009
TOM COTNER wrote:
The NHL NETWORK just reported in conversation with JIM FOX, announcer for the L.A. KINGS that it is a well known fact that the HAWKS would like to trade BRIAN CAMPBELL, but obviously realize that because of the contract they signed him for, he was a keeper for sometime to come. WOWSER, 1st I've heard of this issue and the alledged fact that the HAWKS are not satisfied with BRIAN CAMPBELL'S play this season. If this is actually the case, TALLON had better schedule a SIT DOWN between CAMPBELL AND SCOTTY BOWMAN. My guess is that any FUZZINESS would be cleared up like crystal, fairly quickly !!!
I heard this as well on Saturday nights Hot Stove chatter on the NHL Network.
Chico17

La Crosse, WI

#31 Mar 4, 2009
Pahlsson has good face off skills and playoff experience. Medically, the Hawks had to make sure he would be over the mono soon. On "Trade Deadline" day the thinking is certainly not long term. It's for this season. They think Pahlsson will be more valuable than Wiz in the short term, obviously. I hate losing Wiz, personally. This is a lineup tweaking for the playoffs. Will it be a long term mistake? Only time will tell.
Chico17

La Crosse, WI

#32 Mar 4, 2009
There has to be some salary cap considerations also, I would think.
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#33 Mar 4, 2009
according to Sportsline, Wiz makes $900K while Pahlsson makes 1.4 million.

The Hawks also traded an undisclosed draft pick to Anaheim. Can somebody please tell me something awesome I'm not relizing about Pahlsson (other than faceoff percentage)?

Not that I think this is going to go down as the biggest trade deadline mistake ever, but I don't think it was a good one. Maybe just a trade for the sake of making a trade for a center. Guess Wiz wasn't in the future plans.
Tony

Saint Petersburg, FL

#34 Mar 4, 2009
DT gave up Kontiola and a draft pick along with Wiz for a guy who hasn't played since Jan 31 and is -16...Terrible deal! Well, Bowman sure as hell isn't doing anything just as I thought....DT SHOULD BE CANNED!.
Tony

Saint Petersburg, FL

#35 Mar 4, 2009
I'm sticking to my last post...If anyone wants to rip me a new one go ahead i'm not budging!
RamRod

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Mar 4, 2009
I would never rip on you Tony and wouldn't want you to budge, but, as I said before, I'm going on blind faith.
I loved Wiz as much as most every other D-man and I know next to nothing about Pahlsson, so my comment can be discounted. I don't think it killed us and I want to see what happens to this team when its charter (this year anyway) membership gets changed. How the new guy interacts and how the kids adapt to the change.

I'm willing to hold back on my well-considered judgement ;-),'til the results are in.

"TOK, D!"

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Naperville

#37 Mar 4, 2009
The only thing I have heard about Pahlsson is that he was on the 3rd line when the Ducks won the cup and it was the 3rd line that was the best line for them. Wiz was great, I really liked him, too bad Sopel is on IR they could have moved him instead. They are gearing up for the playoffs plain and simple. Pahlsson has been there not sure about Wiz. Plus Wiz has had alot of surgury on the knee. Lets see how it plays out.
Tony

Clermont, FL

#38 Mar 4, 2009
Pahlsson's not even going to be ready to play for another 3 weeks?...FAIL!

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Naperville

#39 Mar 4, 2009
They wanted a experienced center for the playoffs. I still would have liked that one guy from the Leafs. One thing this was in the Herald:

Pahlsson saw doctors in Anaheim on Tuesday and was given the OK to resume working out.

"He's going to come into town at the end of the week and then start skating Sunday or Monday," Tallon said. "He could be back in the lineup anywhere from one week, two weeks or three weeks depending on his conditioning

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anaheim Ducks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago Blackhawks send Garbutt to Anaheim Duck... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Contact Dotty Woodson (May '08) Dec '15 Fart news 6
News Flames wiggle back into series with Ducks on Ba... (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News Anaheim Ducks clinch Pacific Division title, ro... (Apr '15) Apr '15 mike tirico 2
News Every NHL Team's Most Overpaid Player (Aug '13) Sep '13 Marissa 2 7
News Red Wings finish off Ducks with 3-2 win in Game 7 (May '13) May '13 lvgthedream 3
News NHL roundup: Late goal lifts Ducks past Blackhawks (Mar '13) Mar '13 Reg 1
More from around the web