Coyotes Tracks - July 23, 2012 - Still Leaning Forward

There are 9 comments on the Five For Howling story from Jul 23, 2012, titled Coyotes Tracks - July 23, 2012 - Still Leaning Forward. In it, Five For Howling reports that:

As of Monday morning, Coyotes fans continue to anxiously await word on two fronts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Five For Howling.

Coyote fan

Estevan, Canada

#1 Jul 23, 2012
I have never poster on here before. I am an original Canadian who loves hockey. I am sick of people from Quebec saying that they deserve this team. Is this the same Quebec that couldn't support a team in the past. If the coyotes left would they be able to bring a team back 10 years later. You are probably saying no but what makes Quebec different. Leave the coyotes where they are and get some loud ownership with a contending team and fans will come!
Glendale sucks

Chilliwack, Canada

#2 Jul 23, 2012
Glendale should take out the ice and have a old time snake charmer side show in their arena they would have more people show up. The majority of their fanbase is canadian snow birds as most of the americans that live there do not know what and a hockey puck looks like and would prefer to support basketball, baseball or football.
Kennystac

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Jul 23, 2012
Glendale sucks wrote:
Glendale should take out the ice and have a old time snake charmer side show in their arena they would have more people show up. The majority of their fanbase is canadian snow birds as most of the americans that live there do not know what and a hockey puck looks like and would prefer to support basketball, baseball or football.
This is one of the more absurd posts that I have seen about the Coyotes ownership situation.
I am a season ticket holder who has been a very strong Coyote backer. I sit in a section that has very knowledgable hockey fans from all over the U.S. and Canada. We are a close knit group that lives and breaths Coyote hockey.
I personally grew up in Detroit and followed the Red Wings since the early 50s. When I moved to Colorado we were just starting the Colorado Rocky franchise that moved in from Kansas City. I supported that team until it became the New Jersey Devils. Finally the Quebec Nordiques, who by the way couldn't make it in Canada, became the current Colorado Avalanch.
The prospective new owner of the Coyote franchise, will have a lease that will last for twenty years. He will have at least two very knowledgeable season ticket holders that will support the team as long as they are in the Phoenix valley!
Coyote fan

Estevan, Canada

#4 Jul 23, 2012
Glendale sucks wrote:
Who cares wher the people are from, as long as they show up, I went to a half dozen games last year and was impressed with the amount of fans considering a lot of people are sick of the uncertainty. With the playoff run they just had and. New owner in place , things can only get better
Kristen M

United States

#5 Jul 25, 2012
I went from buying 1/2 season last year to a season ticket holder for this coming year. Coming from Buffalo NY where hockey is big - it can be big here too!! We just need solid ownership, the NHL is going to put money into this team.
Penguinswin

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Jul 27, 2012
Being from just outside of Toronto area, and able to go to both Toronto and Buffalo to see hockey games growing up , was amazing. I now live in the east valley ( Gilbert ) and when first moved here 10 years ago I got excited at the possibilities of going to see the Coyotes. Now that they are out in the middle of nothing, I have no reason to go. It takes east valley people at least 1 hr to get there.( week days longer because of rush hour traffic) when the game is over, it takes at least a half hour just to get out of the parking lot ,than an hour drive home again....hmm seems to me that getting home at midnight or later and having to get up for work next day makes no sense. SHould have stayed at US Airways and worked on getting the entire greater phoenix cities instead of just the west valley. Also, think about the snowbirds. they drive around a radious of perhaps 10 miles once here. so they lose the entire east valley of potential fan base. silly
Mike W

Beaverton, OR

#7 Jul 28, 2012
Coyote fan wrote:
I have never poster on here before. I am an original Canadian who loves hockey. I am sick of people from Quebec saying that they deserve this team. Is this the same Quebec that couldn't support a team in the past. If the coyotes left would they be able to bring a team back 10 years later. You are probably saying no but what makes Quebec different. Leave the coyotes where they are and get some loud ownership with a contending team and fans will come!
Posting nonsense like this without having the facts just makes you look foolish. Go do some real research to find out why the Nordiques moved to Denver. Were you even born then?
GBA

Chambly, Canada

#8 Jul 28, 2012
@Mike W. Are you willing to buy seasons tickets for the next 5 years, to guarantee that the franchise will make profit, eventhough it won't?
You're an Habs fan, aren't you? That would explain your ignorance about Quebec market.
GBA

Chambly, Canada

#9 Jul 28, 2012
@Mike W.

My last comment was not for you but to the one you replied.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NHL Hockey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connor McDavid Only Has The NHL To Blame May 18 stewart scott 3
News Flames wiggle back into series with Ducks on Ba... May 6 tom wingo 2
News Ralph Klein's daughter backs NDP May 3 tom wingo 2
News 2015 NFL Draft: Oakland Raiders Seven-Round Moc... Apr 29 tom wingo 2
News Jon Cooper Calls Out Detroit Red Wings On Quest... Apr 27 tom wingo 2
News San Jose Sharks: Who should be the next coach? Apr 26 tom wingo 5
News San Jose Sharks Part Ways with Head Coach Apr '15 tom wingo 2
More from around the web