Since: Aug 08

PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

He does nothing for the game and continues to drag it deeper into a hole.
GoOilers

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

You must be a BlueSkirt fan?

“Mr. Sports is finally here! ”

PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

How long did you look at my profile before you figured it out?
GoOilers

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

No, sorry I mean with the lawsuits, etc over the merchandising and website stuff going on between MSG and the NHL.
Grant

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

The NHL needs to step it up. I'm a die hard fan, and am disapointed with the state of the game. Capitalize on the hits, fights, more scoring (baseball did with homeruns), enlarge the rink, etc. Promote hockey at the youth level in midwest and east coast.

“Mr. Sports is finally here! ”

PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

Ah sorry Oilers. Yeah I am a Ranger fan. But even away from anything having to do with the NHL and the Rangers. Bettman is just dragging the game down. They change the rules of the game that real hockey fans loved to bring in new fans and than they go and sign a "national" tv deal with VERSUS of all people.

Step by step they are putting the game into a bigger hole.
GoOilers

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

Bettman aka the Count from Sesame Street put all his eggs in the expansion basket and now he's trying to justify why people in Nashville, Atlanta, FLA, etc don't want to attend games. He took franchises of hockey hotbeds in Winnipeg and Quebec City so he cannot be forgiven especially since he refuses to let the Preds move to Hamilton where the 16,000 seat rink would jammed to the rafters every night.
As for rule changes, I can't see them making the ice surface bigger as that would require remvoing the first four or five rows of seats and some of the most expensive as well.
The instigator rule needs to be abolished as that only protects the dirty players who hide behind the ref's skirt and don't have the nads to backup their reckless styles.
What they should do, and it really is quite simple, is require any penalized player (2 minute minors) to stay in the penalty box for the entire duration whether a goal is scored against or not. Also if a goalie gets a penalty, he should be on the serving the time (they have backups for a reason other than to open the gates).
Also, get rid of the current points system which is a joke, A team could, conceivably, lose all 82 of its games in OT/shootout and still rack up 82 points which would have put that team into the playoffs last season. Nonsense.
Two points for a win and zilch for a loss regardless of whether it is in OT, shootout or during regulation time. A few more teams might actually try to score a few more times.
your thoughts?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••