Predators Beat Red Wings 3-2 In Game 1

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: WTVF Nashville

Gabriel Bourque scored two goals in his postseason debut, and the Nashville Predators held onto home-ice advantage by beating Detroit Red Wings 3-2 on Wednesday night to open their Western Conference playoff series.

Read more

Since: Feb 12

Waltham, MA

#1 Apr 13, 2012
The Predators won the game and played good they deserved the win.

Now the problem is that the action at the end of the game was BS.
A punch is one thing but to grab a players head from behind and slam his face into the glass is something else. The NHL fined the Predator player $2500 but did not suspend him. In my opinion he should have been suspended for at least 2 games. That was a deliberate act attempting to injure another player and totally lacking any type of sportsmanship. The League suspended the Canuck player for boarding and probably should have but that was at least in the heat of action and active pursuit of the puck. The incident in Nashville was at 20 minutes of the last period, and a deliberate attempt to injure.
The league bl;ew this one.
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

#2 Apr 14, 2012
UR BS wrote:
The Predators won the game and played good they deserved the win.
Now the problem is that the action at the end of the game was BS.
A punch is one thing but to grab a players head from behind and slam his face into the glass is something else. The NHL fined the Predator player $2500 but did not suspend him. In my opinion he should have been suspended for at least 2 games. That was a deliberate act attempting to injure another player and totally lacking any type of sportsmanship. The League suspended the Canuck player for boarding and probably should have but that was at least in the heat of action and active pursuit of the puck. The incident in Nashville was at 20 minutes of the last period, and a deliberate attempt to injure.
The league bl;ew this one.
Deserving of the win? I disagree. Two goals were redirected luck. The wings out shot and out played the Preds in the 2nd and 3rd period.

The other reason they don't deserve is due to that intentional attempt by Weber to injure Zetterberg. Shanahan should be suspended for not taking disciplinary action against Weber.

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#3 Apr 14, 2012
Government Foe wrote:
<quoted text>
Deserving of the win? I disagree. Two goals were redirected luck. The wings out shot and out played the Preds in the 2nd and 3rd period.
The other reason they don't deserve is due to that intentional attempt by Weber to injure Zetterberg. Shanahan should be suspended for not taking disciplinary action against Weber.
Deflections are part of the game and Howard would have gotten them 9 out of 10 times. It was just not in the cards. The Wings gave the puck away in their end too many times, which was a shock for me as it was uncharacteristic for them.
As to Weber I agree with you 100%. I don't care that Zetterberg was not injured it was the deliberate attempt to injure him thay should count. I mean Shanahan suspended the Canuck guy for that boarding hit and although he did board the guy as far as I am concerned what Weber did was much more blatant and more worthy of a suspension. The lousy $2500 fine given Weber is nothing.
All that aside, the Wings got a little revenge last night. Beat the Preds clean and took a little pay back to Weber.
Now we go back to the Joe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NHL Hockey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Penguins beat Sharks 3-2 in shootout 4 hr hfgh 1
News Take our comprehensive Edmonton Oilers survey (Apr '14) Sat Dale Smith 2
News New York Rangers at Boston Bruins Preview Sat WOLF 1
News Media/Photo/Interview Advisory - BMO Bank of Mo... (Feb '08) Mar 26 mike tirico 4
News Bizarre goal sparks Penguins in 3-1 win over Co... Mar 23 stewart scott 2
News NBC Sports Announces This Weekend's NHL Hockey ... Mar 23 stewart scott 2
Poll Grade The Columbus (Ohio) Blue Jackets Mar 23 Hockey Schmockey 0
More from around the web