EETUK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2008

Governor Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria is wasting his time in begging Hausas tilted government of Nigeria to hand over N326 billion owed by the federal government to oil producing states. Yorubas, Ibos, and Hausas tribes are not going let it happen. These tribesmen look at refunding this money as a case for tribal interest and not national interest of all Nigerians, period.

Take a minute and think about how Nigerians see themselves. Ibos love Ibos and no one else. You can see this based on what happened after April 21, 2007 election in Nigeria. Before presidential election of 2007, all Ibos were opposed to President Ya’Adua’s candidacy. And after President Yar’Adua stole the election and appointed all Ibos to his cabinet team, Ibos began calling Nigeria their country, something unheard of before now, and supporting Yar’Adua in record number. Same thing goes to Yorubas and Hausas tribes.
Now, Ibos, Hausas and Yorubas see refunding N326 billion to oil producing states as something against them and not for them. Governor Akpabio should have taken notice of this kind of opposition before deciding on what to do.

Opposition to refunding of N326 billion owed by the federal government of Nigeria to oil producing states is not limited to Yar’Adua only. Ibos, Yorubas, and Hausas are forcefully opposed to it, too. Recall: the 13% oil derivation awarded to oil producing states by the central of Nigeria has not been paid in full. The latest record I got, shows that oil producing are getting only 7.8% instead of 13% agreed on. This behavior by Hausas tilted government of Nigeria begs this question: If oil was from Ibos, Hausas, and Yoruba’s controlled states, would these tribes share it with Ibibio people?

I will continue to appeal to all the oil producing states in Nigeria to take Nigeria to United Nations or International Court of Justice in Netherlands

Unite Nations or International Court of Justice in Netherlands is a respected institution of integrity. These two institutions have delivered justice to people who never had justice before. South Africa, Kosovo, and Cameroon are some of the examples of states that had got justice because of the good work of United Nations and International Court of Justice.

Change will definitely come to oil producing states, one day. But it will not come by sitting and begging like Governor Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State is talking about in the press. It will come by drawing the line on the sand and sticking to it until solution is reached. This is why I am recommending United Nations or International Court of Justice in Netherlands as places we can negotiate an end to aggression.
Daniel

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

i really hope things get better and greater.if can work together,i believe there will be a auspicious moment..thank God bless nigeria.
Nonso from abia

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

U ar mad by mentioning of ibos in ur comments.2 state out of 5 state of ibos are among d oil producing state.nd ibos did nt get good post in yaradua regime compare to obj.
Nwabueze

Abuja, Nigeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

ur not sane at all..Ur are a mad man or woman or maybe both
United we stand

Porsgrunn, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

hey EETUK or what u call urself. what did the ibos did to u. dont forget that the ibos also have oil producing states. if u looking for who to blame, i will advice u to take the so called northern elites who have ruled Nigeria for more than 3 decades to Hague.
Wonte Lucky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Its obvious that some Nigerians talk without reasoning, and am not surprise too. Well, u've spoken lyk some from Niger Delta. 13% derivation from oil now is not d issue am concerned wit. Going to any international institute for justice is not d issue, rather implementing d decision they will make. Have u forgotten UNEP REPORT? You know dats our problem we shun d truth. Am surprise dat somebody lyk Mr President who I respect so much, and who also hails frm Niger Delta watches his helpless people take in toxic feeds; water, food, etc. If He'll not do this for his people, who will? Even those who hasn't seen crude oil now talks abt oil, and even enjoy it more than we do while we suffer. I belive dat one day there'll be Niger Delta will be as a nation.
Musa ibrahim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

What are the ioil producing state in nigeria
ikenna

Oman

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Eetuk or what's ur name u re a fool by naratting ur stories against the igbo people & if u must knw that we also have oil producing states in igbo lands,why dnt u put ur problms on d northners who re spoiling ths country 4 no reasons, a stak illitrate like u who dnt even knw what he's talkin about.
Collins Nnamani

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

U see de problem we Nigerians do have,no one talks without mentioning other tribes name and putting blames on them.eetuk please mind de way u talk,it is people like u who are causing problems in Nigeria,igbo,hausa and yoruba are one.
collins madu

Vinnytsya, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

all to be said have been said. i wish that we could properly use our oil revenue for the benefit of nigerians giving prefrences to those state in which the oil is found. and other state should expound its natural resources, like agric, widelife etc. i belive all part of nigeria is blessed if we can only appreciate it.
Bala maikarfi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

The problem of this country is not about who govern the country but about the style of leadership he adopts is it reflecting true federalism.pls.shun all forms centiments as that wont lead us anywhere thanks
OGUNLEYE

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Abusing and shouting will solf no proble. Let work together and make Nigeria a better country.
Okeya nairobi

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Kenya discovered oil in christian community tribe.Oil curse nigeria happening in kenya. God protect
Martins

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Etuk i am dissapointed in you,u an ibibio person of all people talkn to igbo like this as if its igbo's that left or keep Nigeria in its present condition.u surprise me etuk u the igbo's regards as its brother's.
Joshua

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

infact Etuk you are a fungai for using your stupid mouth to say those nonsence things to the three major tribes of this great nation.
okiki

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

the only thing that can bring true nigerians together is revolution because there is no true change without revolution ........
Opulence

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

God pass Through Nigeria as whole o lord.
henry okoro

Tbilisi, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Mr EEtuk u are a very stupid man by mentioning igbo's name we are not talking abouut oil what we need only biafra then will we keep u were u will stay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••