RGIII Has Successful Knee Surgery

The Washington Redskins have released a statement from team doctor and orthopedist James R. Andrews, M.D., on the status of Robert Griffin III's knee: "Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pat

Washington, DC

#1 Jan 9, 2013
Let's just hope he recovers fully and can go on to become the great athlete he looks to be. Don't push things too soon or he may never play again. He will become a role model to the young people of today who certainly could use one...
Dom Casual

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Let's just hope that the Shanahans [pere and fils] recognize how close they have come to ending RGIII's career, wiping out the foreseeable future for the Redskins, and ending their employment...and for what? Cousins had proved his ability to step in and make things happen -- to decide to play a disabled QB, risk a more serious injury, and hurt the chances for winning the game is an almost inexcusable lapse of judgement.

Of course, recovery has many months to play out but at the very least Griffin is going to miss Spring Training and the many informal drills and practices that every successful NFL team works on during the "off" months. If they start him before he is fully recovered [if that can be achieved] they should be fired.
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 9, 2013
Who Cares? Just another high dollar celebrity athlete; all would be money ahead if teachers got this much attention and reimbursement!
Sobeeit

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 9, 2013
Dom Casual wrote:
Let's just hope that the Shanahans [pere and fils] recognize how close they have come to ending RGIII's career, wiping out the foreseeable future for the Redskins, and ending their employment...and for what? Cousins had proved his ability to step in and make things happen -- to decide to play a disabled QB, risk a more serious injury, and hurt the chances for winning the game is an almost inexcusable lapse of judgement.
Of course, recovery has many months to play out but at the very least Griffin is going to miss Spring Training and the many informal drills and practices that every successful NFL team works on during the "off" months. If they start him before he is fully recovered [if that can be achieved] they should be fired.
When they were up 14 , RG should have been pulled.
This isn't Monday mornig quarterbacking cooler chat, this was a sentiment in real time on Sun. Knowing how dedicated RG is, he probably convinced them to keep him in; such a bad decision
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
Let's just hope he recovers fully and can go on to become the great athlete he looks to be. Don't push things too soon or he may never play again. He will become a role model to the young people of today who certainly could use one...
Kids don't need professional sports role models in their lives, they need an education. How about a parent or two for role models?
Nigel

Red Hook, NY

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Woohoo
RedskinFan4ever

Moneta, VA

#7 Jan 9, 2013
Best of luck!!!! We Hope To See A VERY WELL RECOVERY!!! IT BREAKS MY HEART TO SEE THIS! ITS NOT HIS FAULT THAT THE PLAYOFF GAME WAS LOST. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED N CUZIN PUT IN! GRIFFIN DONT STRESS IT ATLEAST YOU MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS. NEXT YEAR WILL BE A DIFFRENT STORY! SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME 2014!
RedskinFan4ever

Moneta, VA

#8 Jan 9, 2013
Dom Casual wrote:
Let's just hope that the Shanahans [pere and fils] recognize how close they have come to ending RGIII's career, wiping out the foreseeable future for the Redskins, and ending their employment...and for what? Cousins had proved his ability to step in and make things happen -- to decide to play a disabled QB, risk a more serious injury, and hurt the chances for winning the game is an almost inexcusable lapse of judgement.
Of course, recovery has many months to play out but at the very least Griffin is going to miss Spring Training and the many informal drills and practices that every successful NFL team works on during the "off" months. If they start him before he is fully recovered [if that can be achieved] they should be fired.
you are right shanahan needs to relize that he is worth more than that game! cuzin would have done the job we were already up by 14. What else do you need!
Really

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 9, 2013
Native wrote:
Who Cares? Just another high dollar celebrity athlete; all would be money ahead if teachers got this much attention and reimbursement!
hey idiot this is one of the best role models kids have today! Other than teachers, get a life.
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

#10 Jan 10, 2013
I wonder if athletes will be on the Obamacare plan or they will get an exemption since they distract the masses from all the important stuff happening in our country.
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jan 10, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>hey idiot this is one of the best role models kids have today! Other than teachers, get a life.
you think so huh? Let us all know many you know that have been able to make this route work for them.
Dude

Marshall, VA

#12 Jan 10, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Kids don't need professional sports role models in their lives, they need an education. How about a parent or two for role models?
Remember when teachers were role models?
Dude

Marshall, VA

#13 Jan 10, 2013
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
you think so huh? Let us all know many you know that have been able to make this route work for them.
0.08%

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/Te...
Dude

Marshall, VA

#14 Jan 10, 2013
Dom Casual wrote:
Let's just hope that the Shanahans [pere and fils] recognize how close they have come to ending RGIII's career, wiping out the foreseeable future for the Redskins, and ending their employment...and for what? Cousins had proved his ability to step in and make things happen -- to decide to play a disabled QB, risk a more serious injury, and hurt the chances for winning the game is an almost inexcusable lapse of judgement.
Of course, recovery has many months to play out but at the very least Griffin is going to miss Spring Training and the many informal drills and practices that every successful NFL team works on during the "off" months. If they start him before he is fully recovered [if that can be achieved] they should be fired.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/washington...

I dont feel like me being out there hurt the team in any way, Griffin proclaimed.Im the best option for this team, and thats why Im the starter.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#15 Jan 10, 2013
Dude wrote:
That is a nice chart - Thanks
Dude

Marshall, VA

#16 Jan 10, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>hey idiot this is one of the best role models kids have today! Other than teachers, get a life.
a cautionary tale

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/junior-sea...
G Luv

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 10, 2013
Dude wrote:
That chart is not consistent. If you divide "NCAA drafted" by "high school" you get a much lower percentage. They've dropped a few steps in between.
Dude

Marshall, VA

#18 Jan 10, 2013
G Luv wrote:
<quoted text>
That chart is not consistent. If you divide "NCAA drafted" by "high school" you get a much lower percentage. They've dropped a few steps in between.
good catch, it's from High school Sr to pro.

253/313,141=0.0008 and change
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jan 10, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>hey idiot this is one of the best role models kids have today! Other than teachers, get a life.
Hello Really....
Did the kitty get your fingers?
seedling

Miami, FL

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Kids gotta be careful with who they choose as role models. I chose Gallagher as a role model and I ended up an adult with f'n watermellon pieces everywhere and little else to guide me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Redskins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redskins Practice 10/15: Jay Gruden Presser Oct 15 TipiBaters 2
New York Giants' Larry Donnell Benches Himself ... Oct 7 Flatulence Fred 2
The Cancellation of the Washington Redskins Tra... Oct 7 Redfarts 3
CBS commentator Simms will not refer to Washing... Sep 27 Fossilfarts 2
Washington Redskins: Kirk Cousins' Week 4 Perfo... Sep 26 Fartskins 3
Jadeveon Clowney Undergoes Knee Surgery, Out 4-... Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Texans get 17-6 win over Washington Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1

Washington Redskins People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE