Two Things with Bob Sansevere: NFL dr...

Two Things with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Two Things with Bob Sansevere: NFL draft analyst Shawn Zobel. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Here is Shawn Zobel, a Minnesota-based NFL draft analyst who runs draftheadquarters.com. ... On what players he believes the Vikings are considering with the 12th overall pick in the NFL draft: "They have their eye on three players, all defensive ends: Clemson's Da'Quan Bowers, North Carolina's Robert Quinn and Purdue's Ryan Kerrigan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
steve

United States

#1 Apr 14, 2011
My comment is that we need protection on the Oline, What good is having a Good QB if he's not protected. look at last year , Favre didnt have a chance to take 3 steps back, he was run over, We need OLINE period.....
Minnechoka

Stacy, MN

#2 Apr 14, 2011
Ryan Mallett- Like the pick. Lets not forget how terrible the safety play has been the last two years, we need to draft a starter there.
Huge Jazz

Montréal, Canada

#3 Apr 14, 2011
Bowers is too suspect with his knee and Mallett seems like a character issue.

Unless all this is smoke and mirrors before the draft. You really can't trust anyone's information this time of year. Peter King said he's been played by NFL teams before. They all do it.
Gen Burkhalter

Malibu, CA

#4 Apr 14, 2011
Does anyone still hate Klink as much as I do? He destroyed this team. I mean really because of him we're still looking to has been QBs to help us out... Philly has beens no less! The irony of course is he traded the 3rd round pick we'll need to get him...HAH!
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Apr 14, 2011
McNabb would be AWESOME in Minnesota!

Awesome like a $h*t sandwhich.

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#6 Apr 14, 2011
Whatever wrote:
McNabb would be AWESOME in Minnesota!
Awesome like a $h*t sandwhich.
McNabb was a bum his whole career, the most hot/cold QB I ever saw, cold at the worst times.
James

Burnsville, MN

#7 Apr 14, 2011
all i have too say is i really think bob sansevere knows nothing about sports, neither does that idiot mark rosen. we should all get together and run both of them out of the state.
Todd

Bismarck, ND

#8 Apr 14, 2011
Sounds like the Detroit Lions of years past. Did Matt Millen get hired to run the triangle of stupidity?? Donovan McNAbb for a draft choice?? Chilly are you at winter park still?? I love the DE's they talk about, but if you think Mallett is gonna be there in the second round I'll bet against that a million times.
Justice

Lakeville, MN

#9 Apr 14, 2011
Zobel is an idiot; he is only saying what he would like to see happen. No doubt he was probably one of T-Jokes biggest supporters too!
McNabb to Minnesota would cause immediate fan rebellion, which would be turned directly at Frazier and Spielman. The teams decisions over the past 5 years have forced them into the position of having to draft a QB in the 1st round.
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Apr 14, 2011
I can tell people here don't know the meaning of 'sh*t sandwhich'...

Not exactly a compliment, but hey...
vike35

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Apr 14, 2011
we must get a quaterback--in the draft--no later than 2nd round--do not get mcnabb---bad idea--we have lived this way much too long---get a vet but not mcnabb to compete---
Red

Kendallville, IN

#12 Apr 14, 2011
DE should not be the first round drat pick, DE being one of the highest bust rates in the first round. Bowers is E. James (former first round pick of the Vikings that had knee issues in college) all over again, pass. Ideal Jake Locker would be my pick, he has the leadership, the arm, mobility (with this line Mallet wouldn't survive long) and is a competitor. Accuracy in the pocket is a concern but that could be a product of his lackluster talent at Washington. Trading back to say the 17th pick (pats, they love dealin')and pickin him would work. Otherwise draft Solder and pick if Locker is available in the second or Andy Dalton.
Red

Kendallville, IN

#13 Apr 14, 2011
Ideally*
Huge Jazz

Montréal, Canada

#15 Apr 14, 2011
Looks like some A number 1 A-Clowns from WI are checking the spam and disagree choices on all the posts.

I guess if MN had as ugly and fat of women as WI does we'd be a little cranky too.
Johnny Utah

Hackensack, NJ

#16 Apr 14, 2011
Drafting a DE at the 12th pick of this years draft makes about as much sense as sending a Dong picture to Jen Sterger. Experts are saying this is the deepest DE has been in the draft in a long long time, so why jump the gun? Trade back, get a 3rd round pick and 2nd rounders and take a QB, FS/SS or Offensive lineman. Draft need over ability this year, since our team has several gaping holes. Namely, Offensive line and Secondary.
jimster

Mason City, IA

#17 Apr 14, 2011
Don't be stupid, they well cut him, don't give up a draft choice. He's not even the short term answer! I'm hoping we made the right choice for our head coach. I don't like some of the stuff I'm hearing!!!!
Minnechoka

Stacy, MN

#18 Apr 14, 2011
Mallett's draft stock is on the rise people. A former GM on the NFL network had him at #10 today and many of the mocks now have him in the twenties. If the Vikes are serious about winning a championship, you have to have a talented QB and they are found in the 1st round of the draft.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#19 Apr 14, 2011
Gen Burkhalter wrote:
Does anyone still hate Klink as much as I do? He destroyed this team. I mean really because of him we're still looking to has been QBs to help us out... Philly has beens no less! The irony of course is he traded the 3rd round pick we'll need to get him...HAH!
Yeah Clink was a screw up. He'll get another chance somewhere and be sucessful because thats the way it works...he comes in and underachieves with a team thats ready to win (allegedly), gets fired and goes somewhere he is suppose to fail (like the Rams) and wins
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#20 Apr 14, 2011
Johnny Utah wrote:
Drafting a DE at the 12th pick of this years draft makes about as much sense as sending a Dong picture to Jen Sterger. Experts are saying this is the deepest DE has been in the draft in a long long time, so why jump the gun? Trade back, get a 3rd round pick and 2nd rounders and take a QB, FS/SS or Offensive lineman. Draft need over ability this year, since our team has several gaping holes. Namely, Offensive line and Secondary.
Johnny, can they draft a new stadium in the 1st round at #12?
Thats what you ass-clowns really need
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#21 Apr 14, 2011
Joe Harmon wrote:
<quoted text>
Minnechoka, agreed and I like your post - Mallett, but he will be long gone by the time this team considers him. We should ask the *SH-T* sandwich maker in Las Vegas, who's back to using his old screen name (WHATEVER) how to approach the qb dilemma - I'm sure - SURE, being the Childress-loving (no,'worshipping' would be a better term) sports-**** he is, he would like to see TJoke start this season (and Childress back on the staff. "WHATEVER" posted ever so clearly last fall on this forum, had we not fired Childress, we would have been 10-6 and made the playoffs! Smart guy, eh? Off topic, sorry Minnechoka - good post by you.......
Dude, you have a serious man-crush for me, don't you?

You must be gay. If that's your thing... There are websites for people like you.

By the way, I'm the one who's been calling for Mallett since last year, dope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Redskins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Listen Washington fans Jan '16 Lil red lost 1
News NFL: Bailey's field goal lifts Cowboys against ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
News Redskins could play consecutive '16 games in Lo... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sam Testicles 8
News Turns out the NFC East isn't very good (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 4
News No Moral Victory Monday at Redskins Park (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Cornerback David Amerson finds aa (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts seafood 1
News Defiant Chip Kelly isn't changing anything desp... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts chips 1
More from around the web