NMAI mascot symposium: 'Redskins' racist

Feb 8, 2013 Full story: Native American Times

As a Native American, former Colorado Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell lists four nicknames he finds offensive: savage, squaw, buck and redskin.

Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Let's all act as thin-skinned and overly politically correct as possible....too the limits of our gag reflexes......Since my ancestry dates back to the Revolutionary War.....I've got my eye on forcing the New England Patriot's into a namechange........as their team name belittle's the sacrifices of my forefathers....
Mike Blevins

Fredericksburg, VA

#2 Feb 9, 2013
It is time for the P.C. crowd to back off. There are way more important things going on in the world today for them to focus their energy on. The Redskins are tradition and the name needs no change.
If we must change the name i have some ideas: Washington Cesspool, Washington Liars, Washington Idiots and Washington Donothings are but a few. How about Washington Bullets? That has a nice ring to it. Or maybe Washington Rednecks. As a redneck myself I would be very proud for them to pick that name to represent my relatives and I.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Redskins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reporter's marriage proposal for Tom Brady tops... 18 hr Microphone in Pants 2
Oneida Indian Nation funding 'robo-call' campai... Jan 19 Praise Turds 2
Raiders Coaching Search Features At Least 7 Can... Jan 14 FistPumpsOfFailure 4
Redskins GM Bruce Allen promises 'full evaluati... Dec 31 Rex 1
RG III unplugged: QB goes off social media Dec '14 Peter 1
Game day blog: Browns vs. Washington Redskins (Dec '12) Dec '14 Karl 3
Boldin leads Niners over Redskins Nov '14 Colin Oscopy 1
More from around the web