Shooter Now: Did Randy Moss cost Minn...

Shooter Now: Did Randy Moss cost Minnesota Vikings a shot at Blaine Gabbert?

There are 46 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 29, 2011, titled Shooter Now: Did Randy Moss cost Minnesota Vikings a shot at Blaine Gabbert?. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Randy Moss continues to haunt the Minnesota Vikings. Giving up their third-round pick for the eccentric wide receiver in an ill-fated trade last season might have cost the Vikings a chance to get quarterback Blaine Gabbert instead of Christian Ponder in the first round of Thursday night's NFL draft.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dobber Dubinsky

Canada

#41 Apr 30, 2011
TaxTaxTax wrote:
Ita's a pointless supposition and debate. I wish the Vikes luck in whatever city/state they find millions of taxpaying suckers to pay their bills by buying them a stadium.
I got news for you whiner.....it's Minneapolis, Minnesota.
jmf1034

Old Bridge, NJ

#42 Apr 30, 2011
the only one who cost us that third round pick was the horrible excuse we had for a coach. It is why he is gone but will not be soon forgotten.
Vikes Fan In WI

Stanley, WI

#43 Apr 30, 2011
I saw Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder on NFL Network's Game Changers; I was more impressed with Christian Ponder. Steve Mariucci also commented on Christian Ponder's footwork and technique as things to emmulate to Blaine Gabbert. Physically Blaine Gabbert is 2" taller and has a stronger arm but he was quicker to become a runner when he's 1st option wasn't there, while Christan stayed a passer even while on the run. Christian also has an almost 10% better pass completion percentage and better TD/INT ratio than Gabbert. Rarely in the NFL at QB does physical attributes result in the better QB-its mental clarity during the play; Ponder showed that more than Gabbert.
Vikes Fan In WI

Stanley, WI

#44 Apr 30, 2011
Ponder played mostly under center, Gabbert played only out of the shotgun; Ponder played in an NFL system Gabbert did not. That makes Ponder more versatile, more experienced and more ready to play in the NFL. Seriously the NFLnetwork promotes the flashy players on behalf of the NFL, not steady reliable players.
Justice

Bismarck, ND

#45 Apr 30, 2011
Was Mike Shanahan Planning To Pick Ponder at #16?
Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News is considered one of the most connected sports writers and has historically had the most accurate mock drafts. In fact this year's mock draft was also the most accurate:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/nfl-draft/20...

Because this, his mock drafts have become very popular. Gosselin created quite a stir when he predicted Mike Shanahan and the Redskins would pick Christian Ponder with the 10th overall pick:
http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/4/28/2138905/ri...
http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redskins/20...

What really happened was the Redskins traded back to pick 16 and the Vikings picked Ponder with the 12th pick. When Rick Spielman, head of the Vikings scouting department and drafting program, was asked about their attempt to trade back he said that the reason they were unsuccessful in trading back is because they weren't willing to trade back further than #16 and risk losing Ponder. Those picking between numbers 13 and 15 were unwilling partners.

At # 16 the Redskins picked a defensive end. Trading from #10 to #16 to pick up a defensive end makes no sense because the Houston Texans were also in the market for a defensive end at pick #11. Furthermore, the Redskins did not pick a quarterback in the draft and appear to be screwed if they are unable to retain McNabb. This could have been the same situation we would be in.
adam weber

Saint Paul, MN

#46 Apr 30, 2011
hey shooter,i appreciate all the print you gave me and my dad said he will send the check first thing monday morning.he said he will only send half since i wasn't drafted!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Redskins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kirk Cousins to the Minnesota Vikings in 2018? ... Oct 12 SFB Field Phart 3
News Hurricane Irma knock out service? Request credi... Sep 22 Pharts Raider 4
News Redskins' Josh Norman rips Cowboys' Dez Bryant ... May '17 JoshPharts 2
News Eagles' Wentz, Cowboys' Prescott set for rookie... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
nfl song (Oct '16) Oct '16 Anonymous 1
Listen Washington fans (Jan '16) Jan '16 Lil red lost 1
News NFL: Bailey's field goal lifts Cowboys against ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
More from around the web