No debate: Change the Redskins name

There are 3 comments on the The Washington Post story from Mar 10, 2013, titled No debate: Change the Redskins name. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

I want to see both sides in this. I really do. But two hours after the meaning of the name of Washington's pro football team was vigorously debated before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board last week in Alexandria, I better understood why I will always be aligned with those who want the name changed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Hqeathen

Toronto, Canada

#1 Mar 11, 2013
Redakins forever...... can't believe there are still people with nothing better to do than rag about the most majestic name in sports. For heavens sake pick world hunger, world peace or male pattern baldness but jumping on the band wagon to change a name that the majority of 1st nations people are either proud of or don't care........ c'mon man. HTTR
Namegamer

Miami, FL

#2 Mar 11, 2013
The Washington Redpenistips
indian skins fan

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 13, 2013
Change the name? Hell NO! Whoever wrote that get a life. I'm tired of all this BS over the name. The statue of limitations is over on that argument. Plus times have changed the me redskins isn't offensive. All the pukes want is fame out of this crap. They want to be able to say they made a historical franchise change their name and possibly write a book on how they stood up for something that was offensive. I'm from Indian descent and I can tell you I don't get up every day and scream foul about this topic. It doesn't bother me nor my family. I like the team and its history. The term redskins was a offensive term decades ago, but in today's culture it isn't. People waste tax payers money these days on political BS. We have a tone of other issues that that effort could be used for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Redskins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Tyson Gets Back Into Boxing, Tim Tebow Lea... (Aug '13) Apr 22 sam paolantonio 20
News NFL mock draft 2.0: Needs shift after free agency Mar '15 Mel Kipertard 1
News Gruden names Griffin as Redskins starting QB Feb '15 Triple Regg 2
News Redskins omit RG3 from core player list Feb '15 Mensan Janitor 1
News Reporter's marriage proposal for Tom Brady tops... Jan '15 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Oneida Indian Nation funding 'robo-call' campai... Jan '15 Praise Turds 2
News Raiders Coaching Search Features At Least 7 Can... Jan '15 FistPumpsOfFailure 4
More from around the web