GameDay+ Special teams need new attitude

GameDay+ Special teams need new attitude

There are 3 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 22, 2010, titled GameDay+ Special teams need new attitude. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Ohio State still might be undefeated, ranked No.1 and on track for the national championship game if only the Buckeyes had pounded Wisconsin into powder during the time it took to read this sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Since: Jan 10

United States

#1 Oct 22, 2010
Special teams is the single biggest, most consistent problem of this OSU team. It's proven fatal in the Wisconsin game-not just kickoff returns, but punt returns and a missed field goal at a crucial game turning point. ther MUST be a single special teams coach and some singular sense of identity and responsibility and high motivation. the special teams must be composed of the very best players, including some starters-not a collection of second, third teamers inexperienced and lacking confidence.
hire a true OC and STC

Miamisburg, OH

#2 Oct 22, 2010
how about you fire division 3 bollman and "olay" peterson, hire a real o line coach, and a real OC, and tress you coach special teams. this way you don't have to eat "bon bons" and still have something to do. what a xzy idea.....get over your ego tress and quit being so loyal to the most glaring problem you have had on your staff for years. its getting old, really is.

Murrells Inlet, SC

#3 Oct 23, 2010
This is spot on. When i played hs fb in ohio we called our kick coverage team the suicide squad. Theres a reason we called it that. You have to sell out and throw caution to the wind, and if you dont love it you wont be good at it. When gilreath was only past the 1st guy i said alloud "hes gone"..the problem was no one was closing to the ball and the guys who were holding position werent chopping their reet. When you hol your lane if you dont keep your feet moving the returner goes by you like you are standing still,cause u r...With all the aggressive defensive guys we have i have to blame this on coaching and not getting the right guys in there and not teaching the fundementals like chopping your feet..They need headhunters on kickoffs period

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee Titans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mariota becoming matinee idol ... off the field Thu Farts Jered 1
News Mariota eager to get to work, Titans now have t... Jun '15 Farter 2
News NFL: Marcus Mariota adapting to huddle, complex... May '15 Staying at the Ma... 4
News RB Johnson wants to be a Cowboy May '15 Cowwomen 2
News Image: Poor man's Tom Brady? Apr '15 Laughing Bear Fan 10
News Marcus Mariota over Philip Rivers in a landslide Apr '15 Fartsided 2
News In NFL, this time before draft is 'silly season... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Drafty Crotch 1
More from around the web