What to expect from Greg Olson Raiders offense

Jan 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Silver And Black Pride

The Raiders finally have their new offensive coordinator. But what should be expect to see from the Raiders offense under his direction? Last season the Raiders ' offense was lost.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
NJ Raider

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

I would expect to see power I sets using both McFadden and Marcel. Mix in double tight end sets and down field passing with crossing routes and hooks in the 20-25 yard range.

Since: Jan 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

NJ Raider wrote:
I would expect to see power I sets using both McFadden and Marcel. Mix in double tight end sets and down field passing with crossing routes and hooks in the 20-25 yard range.
Offense should e back on track.Utilizing Reese will do us wonders,perhaps exstend DMCs season.Also to have him have a hand in coaching Pryor,future sounds good.....so far!!!
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

This guy runs more multiple route combinations making it easier for the QB to read the defense only scoping 1 side of the field. If the defense shifts coverage to the 2wr side the guy on the other side will be 1 on 1 which will be Moore & thats a win 9/10 time. Everybody's forgetting we will have Ford back & with the speed of DHB & Ford on 1 side & Moore on the other, if Carson reads it right it's unstoppable. You have to sit coverage to the 2wr side based on pure speed alone. I like this guys offensive philosophy. He runs the ball well enuff & enuff times to make the defense respect it & though he's adept to both schemes, he favors the pbs & that favors our best offensive weapons skills & ability. Gotta give this guy a chance. Judging from what I know of him, he's competent & more than able to get the offense going on the right track. Now lets work on the defense. I have some ideas on that side of the ball also! Later date!

Since: Jan 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Nj raider 1 wrote:
This guy runs more multiple route combinations making it easier for the QB to read the defense only scoping 1 side of the field. If the defense shifts coverage to the 2wr side the guy on the other side will be 1 on 1 which will be Moore & thats a win 9/10 time. Everybody's forgetting we will have Ford back & with the speed of DHB & Ford on 1 side & Moore on the other, if Carson reads it right it's unstoppable. You have to sit coverage to the 2wr side based on pure speed alone. I like this guys offensive philosophy. He runs the ball well enuff & enuff times to make the defense respect it & though he's adept to both schemes, he favors the pbs & that favors our best offensive weapons skills & ability. Gotta give this guy a chance. Judging from what I know of him, he's competent & more than able to get the offense going on the right track. Now lets work on the defense. I have some ideas on that side of the ball also! Later date!
Dats sounds about right NJ Raider. Get that defense going,and were back to glory. I just hope CP3 gets it goin as well,
raiderfaith

Garner, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

You say we have ford back? But isn't it back to back early season injuries that we lose him?I hope he doesn't get injured, but until he proves that theory wrong, I think he is an injury waiting to happen.
Nj raider 1 wrote:
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Football is a violent sport & anyone can get hurt on any giving sunday. Not to mention it was a reoccurring injury at that, but he's had a whole season & offseason to heal so that should be of no concern. If this guy can utilize Ford right we would've been a 500. team our better. I see things a lil diff then most. DMC & Ford are the cogs that makes the machine work. You have to respect the run & Ford playing slot is entirely too fast for LBs to recover. We will have what we didn't have this year. A threat across the middle besides forcing the ball to Myers. Someone thai can split thee safties & take it to the house. Like I said, it's who we pick up & what we do on defense that will determine our success!
raiderfaith

Garner, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Success on all teams starts with the trenches. Both o and d lines. Those have to be efficient to be successfull in the nfl. That said I really like Ford, if he can stay healthy. It's a no brainer it's a violent sport. But there are also players that seem to get injured more frequently. I hope you are right, I hope he is healed, we sure could use his playmaking ability.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

raiderfaith wrote:
Success on all teams starts with the trenches. Both o and d lines. Those have to be efficient to be successfull in the nfl. That said I really like Ford, if he can stay healthy. It's a no brainer it's a violent sport. But there are also players that seem to get injured more frequently. I hope you are right, I hope he is healed, we sure could use his playmaking ability.
So you made an assumption based off 1 reoccurring injury. It's not like he's torn acl's in both knees 2 seperate injuries 2 seperate yrs. He's had 1 injury that reoccurred. That does not qualify as injury prone. Again it's more about how he's used more than anything. It's the same wit Dmac. Running him . laterally doesn't best suit his attributes. Look, he almost went down seriously again this year because knapp chose to run him laterally where he can't protect his legs giving he runs tall like Eric Dickerson, shoulders over their feet. The same wit Ford. We have to do what best fits his attributes to limit the possibility of injury.. I agree about the O line &D line, but we have good players on defense to build around. Lotulelei would be great along wit Bryant as cogs in the middle, but we need another back up to rotate with Bilukidi. The problem is not talent, trust me it's there. The problem is in scheme & situational play calling. We don't mix coverages enuff. Everything we play is over meaning we give up underneath coverage & take away anything over. QBs are smart enuff now to take the short pass & force us to cover it then take their shots down field. So we have to disguise our looks more effectively & play more varied coverages to confuse QBs into mistakes. Playing over coverages was why we lost a game we should've won in atlanta just to name 1& DA has to coach meaning make adjustments during the game, not just at halftime which he failed too do also. Talent was why the defense played as well as they did occasionally. Bottom line, the problem is coaching not the players. It's the coaches job to put players in position to make plays. Not the players be all HOFs so the coaches don't have to be good! This year it's all on the coaches!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Louis Rams Discussions

Search the St. Louis Rams Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NFL meetings notebook: Philbin to improve cultu... Apr 11 Coming to America 4
Redskins cut Hull, Mouton Apr 9 Gruden boys love Grunge 3
Bears add TE Mulligan, WR Bellamy Apr 9 Team Shower Golf 2
Bridgewater drops in latest Mock Draft Mar 21 Flynnished 2
Raiders lose Jared Veldheer, possibly in mix fo... Mar '14 ricardo montalban 1
Sam likely not a fit for Rams Feb '14 Big Red Booger 2
If Sam Bradford is available, should the Viking... Feb '14 Zygi Stardust 7
•••
•••