Packers overtaking Dallas Cowboys as ...

Packers overtaking Dallas Cowboys as 'America's Team'

There are 23 comments on the TwinCities story from Nov 14, 2011, titled Packers overtaking Dallas Cowboys as 'America's Team'. In it, TwinCities reports that:

On game day at the Points After North bar and restaurant in Flower Mound, Texas, manager Shannon Johnson knows the drill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pierre Lagano

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 14, 2011
Your on crack if you think Green Bays becoming Americas team! Dallas will always be Americas Team! Period!
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

#3 Nov 14, 2011
Green Bay is and always has been "America's Team". Just see how Packer fans show up at road games. The Dallas Cowboys have always been pretenders.
Jose

El Cajon, CA

#4 Nov 14, 2011
PackerBacker-WichitaKs wrote:
Green Bay is and always has been "America's Team". Just see how Packer fans show up at road games. The Dallas Cowboys have always been pretenders.
Packers would probably be known as Obama's team LOL. But seriously, the Packers are starting to re-gain national respect again since Favre is no longer playing in Green Bay. Aaron Rogers is quite amazing, reminds me of Troy Aikman. Let's see if he can achieve 3 Super Bowl wins. Chances he will get 3/4 - simply amazing.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Nov 15, 2011
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Packers are MY team. The rest of America can get their own team. Lucky for the rest of America, there will be a atock offering soon. America will have another chance to make the Packers "their team." If they pass up that opportunity though, America has an invitation from me to jump on the Packer bandwagon. There is always room for more.
Jerry Jones

Brooksville, FL

#7 Nov 15, 2011
Green Bay is lucky to be able to whiff my farts.

Their feet smell like sharp limburger cheese.
FUNNY

Marshfield, WI

#8 Nov 15, 2011
GBPfan wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Packers are MY team. The rest of America can get their own team. Lucky for the rest of America, there will be a atock offering soon. America will have another chance to make the Packers "their team." If they pass up that opportunity though, America has an invitation from me to jump on the Packer bandwagon. There is always room for more.
The stock thing is a joke. You pay yes and you own the stock (PIECE OF PAPER) you get to a meeting. But it means nothing it gains you nothing($) and you have NO SAY. SORRY BUT THATS THE TRUTH. Just a way for the packers to get money they need and dont have. the fans gain nothing. but a piece of paper and to say I own stock.Nothing against GB or the people that buy it but again it means nothing.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Nov 15, 2011
FUNNY wrote:
<quoted text> The stock thing is a joke. You pay yes and you own the stock (PIECE OF PAPER) you get to a meeting. But it means nothing it gains you nothing($) and you have NO SAY. SORRY BUT THATS THE TRUTH. Just a way for the packers to get money they need and dont have. the fans gain nothing. but a piece of paper and to say I own stock.Nothing against GB or the people that buy it but again it means nothing.
Just like the stock thing for the NRA, Red Cross and every other nonprofit is a joke. Nothing against the people that ever contibuted to a nonprofit corporation, but it means nothing. Well, it means nothing to people that never purchased shares of a nonprofit corporation. SORRY BUT THATS THE TRUTH. You know what is really crazy? How about the people that ever purchased a share in a nonprofit church? At least the Packers really exist!
FUNNY

Marshfield, WI

#11 Nov 16, 2011
So now a donation to the groups you mentioned makes you a share holder/part owner. And you have NO say.What are you smoking? I/WE give to the red cross and united way weekly from our pay checks We have yet to receive our share/stock certificate.Or been invited to a shareholders meeeting.
FUNNY

Marshfield, WI

#12 Nov 16, 2011
And one more thing when did the packers become a NONPROFIT organization?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Nov 16, 2011
FUNNY wrote:
So now a donation to the groups you mentioned makes you a share holder/part owner. And you have NO say.What are you smoking? I/WE give to the red cross and united way weekly from our pay checks We have yet to receive our share/stock certificate.Or been invited to a shareholders meeeting.
No. A donation is a donation. Purchasing stock is different. However, the NRA, Red Cross and many other nonprofit corporations do have people that purchased stock. Just like the nonprofit shareholders of the Packers, those shareholders do not receive a dividend. Those shareholders bought stock with an interest other than personal profit. Packer shareholders are no different than shareholders in any nonprofit corporation. This country has many nonprofit corporations. The fact that you are ignorant about how they operate is of no significance to Packer shareholders.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Nov 16, 2011
FUNNY wrote:
And one more thing when did the packers become a NONPROFIT organization?
Green Bay Packers, Inc., has been a publicly owned, nonprofit corporation since Aug. 18, 1923. Perhaps you should use your computer for doing a little research once in awhile. Don't use your computer solely for the purpose of displaying your ignorance.
Falling Prices

Houston, TX

#15 Nov 16, 2011
Good thing there are alot of WalMarts in Texas...they sell a ton of $15 jerseys to the illegals...you know, the ones that the stenciled numbers fall off after the first wash...
Texan

Coppell, TX

#16 Nov 16, 2011
PAckers Americas team LOL NEVER
Name That Tune

Houston, TX

#17 Nov 16, 2011
Agree, that name should only reside with the true team that chokes...
Texan

Coppell, TX

#18 Nov 16, 2011
WHo the Colts that are intentionally losing for a first round draft pick???
Throwing INTs

Houston, TX

#19 Nov 16, 2011
The one that chokes in the post season with Romo at QB...
Texan

Coppell, TX

#20 Nov 16, 2011
Hey what can i say, BUT we will always hold the title of Americas Team. Do not be jealous, maybe this time you will finally keep a team in Houston, and who knows myabe some year you might even make the playoffs
Keepfarts

Houston, TX

#21 Nov 17, 2011
Jealous...lol....lmao...

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#22 Nov 17, 2011
You are all wrong; The Saints are America's team!
Pete Carroll

Brooksville, FL

#23 Nov 17, 2011
Who's bullsh!tting who ? The Seattle Pork Hocks have been America's team for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Chargers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chargers expected to make a decision on L.A. soon (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Come back of New England Patriot team is in plan (Jan '16) Jan '16 Back farts 3
News Chargers, Raiders, Rams file for relocation to ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, St. Louis ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 4
News Agent: Weddle fined $10K by Chargers (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News NFL in L.A.? Here are some predictions for the ... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Fart news 23
News Houston's sacks help Chicago Bears' 'D' shut th... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 3
More from around the web