Tomlin knows what the Steelers need

Tomlin knows what the Steelers need

There are 8963 comments on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Tomlin knows what the Steelers need. In it, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that:

“I think [flexibility] is a great thing”

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was a bright-eyed, first-year head coach at the NFL Scouting Combine a year ago, but he didn't have a good feel for his team's strengths and weaknesses. via Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

JW Smooth

Altoona, PA

#9126 May 13, 2012
Jopa-n wrote:
Time to get back to total football discussions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =c4dAm1TsyioXX
Here all this time, I thought you kicked the bucket!!

Since: Feb 08

Harrisburg, PA

#9127 May 13, 2012
JW Smooth wrote:
<quoted text>Here all this time, I thought you kicked the bucket!!
Nope not yet. Too busy doing family videos in the offseason. Facebook for the first time can be addictive! Time to get back to grid iron cinema.

Harrisburg, PA

#9128 May 16, 2012
JW Smooth

Burr Hill, VA

#9129 May 18, 2012
Jopa-n wrote:
Steel Gladiators:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vOB08P2r2gIXX
It looks like a police line up. Tell #43 to get a hair cut!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9130 May 19, 2012
JW Smooth wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like a police line up. Tell #43 to get a hair cut!!
LMFAO! Good to hear from JW!!
JW Smooth

Burr Hill, VA

#9131 May 19, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>LMFAO! Good to hear from JW!!
Hey hatchet how ya been? Are you ready for some good Stiller bashin? Sir William and some of the followers are over on face book. I think that`s where the gays hang out!!

Harrisburg, PA

#9132 May 19, 2012
JW Smooth wrote:
<quoted text>Hey hatchet how ya been? Are you ready for some good Stiller bashin? Sir William and some of the followers are over on face book. I think that`s where the gays hang out!!
LOL! Your a kick after a while JW. I better get ready for another year of this (I have to admit I did kind of miss it). Let's get started:

Found this quote and exchange to reply to Bob Smiziks blog:

(special agent johnny utah): "..but isn't the bigger issue that's being tossed around now more about their quality of life, not how long they live.

This article doesn't even touch on that issue, which is at the core of it all."

"Exactly!" -- Bob Smizik

Jopa-n: "Yes, their quality of life, unlike millions of others on this planet is whatever they want it to be.

They have a choice to play a sport rather than work or merely survive a part of their adult life. They will have all the food they need, they will be able to build a life for them- any many others- beyond belief.

They can play for a few years or play for many. They can be careful about how they treat their bodies or be reckless.

They can build there monetary gains and create a very appealing life after football or burn them away as fast as they get them.

They can ignore signs to walk away from the game (as some have) or take notice to the signs and leave the game before it can hurt them extensively.

It is their choice. Their choice to take the money. Their choice to play the game. Their choice to not play or leave the game of their own choosing.

It's remarkable in a world of billions that have no such choice at all, how we care so much about those few that have these choices, while we ignore the pains and ills thrust upon others from birth. Quite remarkable indeed.

Maybe even more astonishing is how we ignore all the reasons and possible circumstances that deal with death itself, choosing to try to pinhole certain methods to mean one and only one thing:

Suicide by a person who does not play sports- mental illness and depression.

Suicide by a football player- definite and absolute death caused by repeated physical brain trauma and only physical brain trauma.

Not steroids of any kind (which has already shown that the aging process in the body can be incredibly sped up by abused use- and be lethal- at a very young age).

Not mere depression, from being unable to live a normal life after shining in the limelight and playing a sport of kings.

Not a combination of factors that is extemely complicated from person to person, as it is with all others in this world.

Amazing.
JW Smooth

Burr Hill, VA

#9133 May 20, 2012
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Your a kick after a while JW. I better get ready for another year of this (I have to admit I did kind of miss it). Let's get started:
(special agent johnny utah): "..but isn't the bigger issue that's being tossed around now more about their quality of life, not how long they live.
"Exactly!" -- Bob Smizik
Jopa-n: "Yes, their quality of life, unlike millions of others on this planet is whatever they want it to be.
They have a choice to play a sport rather than work or merely survive a part of their adult life. They will have all the food they need, they will be able to build a life for them- any many others- beyond belief.
They can play for a few years or play for many. They can be careful about how they treat their bodies or be reckless.
They can build there monetary gains and create a very appealing life after football or burn them away as fast as they get them.
They can ignore signs to walk away from the game (as some have) or take notice to the signs and leave the game before it can hurt them extensively.
It is their choice. Their choice to take the money. Their choice to play the game. Their choice to not play or leave the game of their own choosing.
It's remarkable in a world of billions that have no such choice at all, how we care so much about those few that have these choices, while we ignore the pains and ills thrust upon others from birth. Quite remarkable indeed.
Maybe even more astonishing is how we ignore all the reasons and possible circumstances that deal with death itself, choosing to try to pinhole certain methods to mean one and only one thing:
Suicide by a football player- definite and absolute death caused by repeated physical brain trauma and only physical brain trauma.
Not steroids of any kind (which has already shown that the aging process in the body can be incredibly sped up by abused use- and be lethal- at a very young age).
Not mere depression, from being unable to live a normal life after shining in the limelight and playing a sport of kings.
Not a combination of factors that is extemely complicated from person to person, as it is with all others in this world.
Amazing.
Did you ever hear of a team called the Cincinnati Bengels? If I were you I would be scared to death of them. They are NOT the same `ole Bungles!!

Location hidden

#9134 May 20, 2012
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Your a kick after a while JW. I better get ready for another year of this (I have to admit I did kind of miss it). Let's get started:
"Exactly!" -- Bob Smizik
Amazing.
Uhh......WTF?......Yawn.....

Harrisburg, PA

#9135 May 22, 2012
Yep, the Bengals are good, the Ravens are good, and the AFC North is gonna be a war:

Harrisburg, PA

#9136 May 22, 2012
Well, easy to see we're back to the same ol' same old'. ESPN AFC NORTH special:

Ravens- gonna be better. Cincy- gonna be better. Cleveland- still a ways away, but gonna be better. Steelers? falling fast, get ready to here the thump.

3 teams make it to the playoffs from the division, with the Steelers tied for the division lead and winning 12 games with an injured franchise QB.

Baltimore loses the defensive player of the year and their defensive cord. Cincy went 9-7 and went 2-7 against teams over .500 including not a single win against the Ravens or Steelers.

Steelers get a new offensive cord. but have all key pieces returning from a 12-4 team. Steelers picked to finish 3rd by all 3 analysts. Same ol', same old'.

I mean Cincy has such a great track record of making a winning year a lock to be a lot better the following...er, well, I guess you gotta start a streak somewhere.

For Balt. losing the defensive player of the year is nothing more than a speed bump. Def. cord.? Who needs a def. cord. when you have Ray Lewis?

Now, losing an offensive cord., the genius of the 12th ranked yards but 20th scoring offense. That, you just can't overcome.

These excuses get better and better every year.
Would not have watched it if I knew the Garbage crew of ESPN was going to handle it.

Location hidden

#9137 May 23, 2012
Jopa-n wrote:
Ravens- gonna be better. Cincy- gonna be better. Cleveland- still a ways away, but gonna be better. Steelers? falling fast, get ready to here the thump.
3 teams make it to the playoffs from the division, with the Steelers tied for the division lead and winning 12 games with an injured franchise QB.
Baltimore loses the defensive player of the year and their defensive cord. Cincy went 9-7 and went 2-7 against teams over .500 including not a single win against the Ravens or Steelers.
Steelers get a new offensive cord. but have all key pieces returning from a 12-4 team. Steelers picked to finish 3rd by all 3 analysts. Same ol', same old'.
I mean Cincy has such a great track record of making a winning year a lock to be a lot better the following...er, well, I guess you gotta start a streak somewhere.
For Balt. losing the defensive player of the year is nothing more than a speed bump. Def. cord.? Who needs a def. cord. when you have Ray Lewis?
Now, losing an offensive cord., the genius of the 12th ranked yards but 20th scoring offense. That, you just can't overcome.
Would not have watched it if I knew the Garbage crew of ESPN was going to handle it.
I watched it and they were pretty much right on target other than Baltimore's defense. They will not be as good as these analysts indicate.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#9138 May 23, 2012
Jopa-n wrote:
LOL very funny, Steelers falling fast, bengals blow.

Harrisburg, PA

#9139 May 28, 2012

Harrisburg, PA

#9141 Jun 1, 2012
Luv to get a break from Warren Sapp on NFL Network. His views are a hodge podge of contradiction from one team to another. One moment a team won't do well because they are changing, the next moment a team will do well because they are changing. It's a total crap shoot or atleast looks that way until you realize his bias for against some.

Get him in a roundtable and he's a head knodder (better than when he speaks out though). Put him with a group and he flows like a river with the company line (even when once again he contradicts his own previous statements)

Why in the world they match him up with some pretty good football minds- it simply makes him look so out of place. I'm begging he doesn't get asked to do a lot when I see he's on the show. It's like nails across a chalk board as he contradicts what is good and bad in football from one moment to the next.
Bill Steel

Aliquippa, PA

#9142 Jun 3, 2012
JW Smooth wrote:
<quoted text>Hey hatchet how ya been? Are you ready for some good Stiller bashin? Sir William and some of the followers are over on face book. I think that`s where the gays hang out!!
Alright now. I felt that jab way over on facebook. I know you guys don't want to start somethin! LOL!

Harrisburg, PA

#9143 Jun 3, 2012

Location hidden

#9144 Jun 4, 2012
JW Smooth wrote:
I've been good JW, better than a Steeler fan lol!!
JW Smooth

Burr Hill, VA

#9145 Jun 4, 2012
Bill Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright now. I felt that jab way over on facebook. I know you guys don't want to start somethin! LOL!
Sir William, How the heck have you`ve been? App. 6 wks they go to camp. Let the fun begin!!

Harrisburg, PA

#9146 Jun 5, 2012
Excellent 5 star read by Bucky Brooks on NFL.com :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8298aeb...

Great stuff. Brooks not only breaks down the formations, he talks about why they were created along with why they are successful.

We need more substantative work like this and less fluff- in season or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Steelers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mike tomlin gone hopefully Nov 13 urug26 1
News Ohio.com - Neighbor fights court order to move (Nov '07) Oct '16 Terrence G 312
News No More Long Hair For NFL Players? (Mar '08) Oct '16 Bartender 30
Top site for Steeler thought Sep '16 Large Steelers fan 1
steelers players are believing the hype. Sep '16 urug26 1
Pittsburgh Fans Sep '16 pgh 1
Ben pledges 1 large to k9s Sep '16 hiyo 1
More from around the web