NFL salary cap: Crunching the 2012 nu...

NFL salary cap: Crunching the 2012 numbers

There are 8 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 22, 2012, titled NFL salary cap: Crunching the 2012 numbers. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Stanford Routt's surprising release from Oakland, and quick signing with the Kansas City Chiefs serves as a perfect example of the ripple effects each team's financial situation will create this offseason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Feb 22, 2012
Since Routt is already gone, cutting ties with Wimbley will get us under the cap for sure. Michael Huff is about as much a loss as Routt and that will give us about 4 million in cap space. I'm not expecting anything great the next few years, although it would be nice if it happened...I just look for us to balance the checkbook and try to build our next great team through the drafts.

You would think that we would have a pretty good team by now with all the high draft picks we've had the last 10 years, but we didn't draft wisely.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/871329-cou...
Rebuild

Houston, TX

#2 Feb 22, 2012
Perfect honest opions TR...well said....
Rebuild

Houston, TX

#3 Feb 22, 2012
*opinions....

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#4 Feb 22, 2012
Wow....Cinci's got a TON of money to burn. They can just about go out a get any TWO or THREE FA's they want.

Ouch.....Denver & KC are in great shape too. That sucks.

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#5 Feb 22, 2012
AS long as McKenzie's firing people, he should fire the bookkeeper that got us over the cap and got us in this mess.........oh, wait..........

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#6 Feb 22, 2012
i will stand up for micheal huff! huff was playing with a small injury towards the end of the season. he is a hard worker and don't like to miss any games. when 100% healthy, he plays that much better. yes it took him a while to get to the level that he is playing but he keeps jumping up a good step every year. i say, pay the man!
i may be the only one that defends m huff and i know he is not the greatest but he is one of the one's i'd say, good enough to keep around.

RAIDERS 2012!!!
Keepers

Houston, TX

#7 Feb 22, 2012
Zild0405 wrote:
AS long as McKenzie's firing people, he should fire the bookkeeper that got us over the cap and got us in this mess.........oh, wait..........
oops...lol...
Cash

Houston, TX

#8 Feb 22, 2012
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
i will stand up for micheal huff! huff was playing with a small injury towards the end of the season. he is a hard worker and don't like to miss any games. when 100% healthy, he plays that much better. yes it took him a while to get to the level that he is playing but he keeps jumping up a good step every year. i say, pay the man!
i may be the only one that defends m huff and i know he is not the greatest but he is one of the one's i'd say, good enough to keep around.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Huff might have been better with the new coaching staff...I can maybe see another Woodson scenario, go somewhere else and perform well in a new system to get a team to a SB...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Steelers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers' Matthews, Peppers face suspension Aug 17 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Ohio.com - Neighbor fights court order to move (Nov '07) Jul 28 Felinication 309
News Report: Talib told friends he shot himself Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Big Ben wants team to have fun while kicking butt (Jan '16) May '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Steelers sign safety Robert Golden to 3-year deal May '16 The Trout 3
Steelers Draft Prospects: Part 2 Apr '16 mwk89 1
Steelers Draft Prospects: Part 1 Apr '16 mwk89 1
More from around the web