Ravens, Steelers getting ready to pla...

Ravens, Steelers getting ready to play the feud

There are 4857 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 13, 2008, titled Ravens, Steelers getting ready to play the feud. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

But his best memories of a feud were when his Tennessee Titans used to play the Ravens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Hey

Baltimore, MD

#5038 Mar 9, 2012
Hey Stealers fans, Jerome Bettis on tv @ 8pm tonite, that ancestry show
rob

Bel Air, MD

#5039 Mar 10, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the Titans interested?
Thought he might like to play in Tn again
Well you can rule the Deadskins out, they are trading for the #2 pick with the Rams. I think thats a mistake because Griffin is a runner and they don't pay qb's to run, they pay them to throw.
Geno

Portland, OR

#5040 Mar 12, 2012
rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you can rule the Deadskins out, they are trading for the #2 pick with the Rams. I think thats a mistake because Griffin is a runner and they don't pay qb's to run, they pay them to throw.
Shanahan and the disasterous Deadskins will ruin another QB out of college.
rob

Bel Air, MD

#5041 Mar 12, 2012
Geno wrote:
<quoted text>Shanahan and the disasterous Deadskins will ruin another QB out of college.
You said it. According to an AP story this morning, the Manning Bowl is down to Denver, Arizona and Miami. I had the last two plus Washington. I still just have a hunch on Arizona. Manning has a condo in Miami. If it were a house and not a condo, I'd probably lean towards Miami. We will see.
Geno

Portland, OR

#5042 Mar 12, 2012
rob wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it. According to an AP story this morning, the Manning Bowl is down to Denver, Arizona and Miami. I had the last two plus Washington. I still just have a hunch on Arizona. Manning has a condo in Miami. If it were a house and not a condo, I'd probably lean towards Miami. We will see.
I heard he was on the verge of signing with Denver and Jacksonville was attemtpting to trade with them to get the Steeler killer (Tebow).
rob

Bel Air, MD

#5043 Mar 12, 2012
Geno wrote:
<quoted text>I heard he was on the verge of signing with Denver and Jacksonville was attemtpting to trade with them to get the Steeler killer (Tebow).
I hear he may make a decision tomorrow. I didn't hear Jacksonville, but I heard TN may be interested. I am sticking with my original three: Miami, Arizona and of course we know Deadskins are now out. Glad I have no $ on this one,ha, ha.
Hey

Baltimore, MD

#5044 Mar 14, 2012
We lost Redding to Indy, time for the youngins to step up
rob

Bel Air, MD

#5045 Mar 14, 2012
Hey wrote:
We lost Redding to Indy, time for the youngins to step up
I don't view this as a huge loss. Redding had ZERO sacks and ZERO interceptions in 2011 and it wasn't like he was putting any pressure or hurrying anyone. He had 21 tackles for the entire season playing inside, not good.

Young guys will step up and do better. Look for the rookie McPhee to step in and he will do the same or better. If Grubb doesn't resign, Jah Reid will step in and now having a full season and full off-season, he will do well. The Ravens keep getting younger and keep getting closer to the goal. After Lewis and Reed retire next year, they will actually have one of the youngest teams in the NFL.
Teblow

United States

#5046 Mar 14, 2012
Geno wrote:
<quoted text>...the Steeler killer (Tebow).
lol...
Hey

Baltimore, MD

#5047 Mar 14, 2012
rob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't view this as a huge loss. Redding had ZERO sacks and ZERO interceptions in 2011 and it wasn't like he was putting any pressure or hurrying anyone. He had 21 tackles for the entire season playing inside, not good.
Young guys will step up and do better. Look for the rookie McPhee to step in and he will do the same or better. If Grubb doesn't resign, Jah Reid will step in and now having a full season and full off-season, he will do well. The Ravens keep getting younger and keep getting closer to the goal. After Lewis and Reed retire next year, they will actually have one of the youngest teams in the NFL.
Now we've lost JJ ... now that sucks, it's blowing up my Facebook page!
rob

Bel Air, MD

#5048 Mar 14, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we've lost JJ ... now that sucks, it's blowing up my Facebook page!
Yea Johnson is a tough one, though he likes to fish, so he'll enjoy San Diego. just glad that these guys aren't signing in the division. See where SD resigned Gaither, what a trip.
Geno

Portland, OR

#5049 Mar 15, 2012
rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea Johnson is a tough one, though he likes to fish, so he'll enjoy San Diego. just glad that these guys aren't signing in the division. See where SD resigned Gaither, what a trip.
I hate to see JJ leave but he has slowed a bit this past year. Kruger was in on 3rd down. This isn't the first time the next guy has to step up. Didn't JJ step in for Ed Hartwell who we thought we could never live without? Cory Redding is another "nice" team player leaving but we will survive.

Mario Williams in Buffalo? Just weird no one else is gong after him....
rob

Bel Air, MD

#5050 Mar 15, 2012
Geno wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to see JJ leave but he has slowed a bit this past year. Kruger was in on 3rd down. This isn't the first time the next guy has to step up. Didn't JJ step in for Ed Hartwell who we thought we could never live without? Cory Redding is another "nice" team player leaving but we will survive.
Mario Williams in Buffalo? Just weird no one else is gong after him....
Grubb signed some outrageous cotract today. I don't know how NO can have to $30+M line man on their team. No wonder they can't sign Breese.

Look, bottom line, everyone was OMG last year when Ravens cut Heap, Mason, etc......end of the world. We all knew Grubb, Redding and JJ would leave. Who is shocked, no one. people step up and younger guys for the ravens will step up. Rookie McPhee will replace Redding and do a better job. Ravens already talking to two veteran line men and will sign one soon (Mathis or Winston). Rookie Jah Reed will step up on teh line. JJ is gone, but 2nd year bench guy Kruger was looking much improved in teh passing game last year. You have to believe they are ready to play Kindle or they would have dumped him after his little drinking problem.

Ravens will get two starters out of the draft and will pick up more free agents later. Everything will be good.
Hey

Baltimore, MD

#5051 Mar 15, 2012
Winston Justice?
He was traded to the Dolts today ..
Mathis is a very good possibility, he visited the Castle today
Hey

Baltimore, MD

#5052 Mar 15, 2012
Saw Jah Reed a few months ago at tje Cheesecake Factory @ the Inner Harbor, he's one big dude, lol
Hey

Baltimore, MD

#5054 Mar 15, 2012
Hey wrote:
Winston Justice?
He was traded to the Dolts today ..
Mathis is a very good possibility, he visited the Castle today
Oh, maybe ur talking about Winston of the Texans,???
Hey

Baltimore, MD

#5055 Mar 15, 2012
How about bringing Jason Brown back?
Hey

Baltimore, MD

#5056 Mar 16, 2012
Nakamura said, nothin' could be finer than playin' in Carolina, another Raven gone ...
rob

Bel Air, MD

#5057 Mar 16, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, maybe ur talking about Winston of the Texans,???
Yes Winston of the Texans. Was cut for cap space. We will see what happens.

It seems to me that in teh last few years, everyone got all bent out of shape about players leaving, Ozzie works his magic and everything is fine. Remeber when Scott and Leonard left, it was the end of the world right? Then Heap, Mason get cut, end of the world right?
rob

Bel Air, MD

#5059 Mar 16, 2012
>>>>>After reporting the signing at 6:53 p.m., the Washington Post later gave an update at 9:20 p.m., saying Royal and the Redskins couldn’t agree to terms after the two sides had a breakdown in talks.

Apparently a deal was in place after the former Virginia Tech star dined with Redskins brass, but other teams began to show late interest and Royal put the deal on hold.

One of those teams “interested” in Royal is the Baltimore Ravens, according to Scout.com ’s Aaron Wilson. <<<<<<<

Ravens are trying to make him an offer, also Mathis was made an offer and he went home to think about it. Now that all the foolish big money moves are out of the way is when Ozzie goes to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Steelers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roethlisberger hopes to see Brady in opener Thu Patricias 10
News NFL Power Rankings: Top 5 Passing Combinations ... May 21 stewart scott 8
2015 Steelers Draft Review May 8 mwk89 1
2015 Steelers Draft Prospects: Part 5 Apr 30 mwk89 1
2015 Steelers Draft Prospects: Part 4 Apr '15 mwk89 1
Steelers 2015 Draft Prospects: Part 3 Apr '15 mwk89 1
News Longtime Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor retires... Apr '15 34 Of them 1
More from around the web