Are the Pittsburgh Steelers the NFL's Most Overrated Defense?

Sep 24, 2012 Full story: BleacherReport 14

The Pittsburgh Steelers used to be known for having the best defense in the NFL , but is this unit now the most overrated in the league? The Steelers allowed Carson Palmer to pass for 209 yards and three touchdowns - an alarming set of statistics, given the fact that the Raiders aren't exactly stacked at the wide receiver position.

Full Story
Old D

Acton, MA

#1 Sep 24, 2012
People have been saying for the last few years that the Steelers D was old and now it's showing. At best they will be a mediocre D this year assuming they get Troy and Harrison back
Stolen Shampoo

United States

#2 Sep 24, 2012
Why is it when Polamalu is out this secondary cant hang...been like that for years...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#3 Sep 24, 2012
and Rapebartenders is a lousy QB without a running game
Charlie Biatch

United States

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
No doubt...Redman sucks....
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#5 Sep 24, 2012
Ravens are better than the Steelers, this season.....but, they missed, that FG last night....lol....
buford t justice

Washington, WV

#6 Sep 24, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Almost 400 yards and 4 TD's = lousy QB. Really?

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#7 Sep 24, 2012
Is it the Steeler D is overrated or was the Raider O underestimated? I think we got a good showing of what this Raider offense is capable of when all goes well (except for DHB getting knocked out).
Head and Bolders

United States

#9 Sep 25, 2012
Why is it when Polamalu is out this secondary cant hang...been like that for years......

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Sep 27, 2012
Unless they reload through the draft, they are cooked. Not getting any younger!

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#11 Sep 27, 2012
buford t justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost 400 yards and 4 TD's = lousy QB. Really?
Most QB's are gonna put up numbers like that against the Raiders this year......until we get some decent CB's in there.

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#12 Sep 27, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
Is it the Steeler D is overrated or was the Raider O underestimated? I think we got a good showing of what this Raider offense is capable of when all goes well (except for DHB getting knocked out).
I think the short pass/WCO and dink & dunk passes had a lot to do with our victory......maybe it's gonna work out....???
hammertime

Lexington Park, MD

#14 Oct 3, 2012
It appears that the Defense is overrated, I said that earlier this year before the Draft when everyone was whooping and holling about Offensive Lineman, when that DEFENSE had already started falling apart last year when teams begin Running all over US, no Matter what the OFFENSE DO'S, if you can't stop anybody, you will lose, WHO have we stopped lately???? This is not STEELER FOOTBALL, good thing WE have 13 more tries left, will Harrison and Polumaula ever be GREAT again, hell, they can't even put together two straight Games, this year, we better out score everybody, or this will be a SAD SEASON, and like I said before, Some BIG HEADS need to ROLL!!!!!!!!
Knapp Time

United States

#15 Oct 3, 2012
Greg Knapp would get that team turned around fast....lmao...
CJSteelers

Atlanta, GA

#16 Oct 3, 2012
Hurts me to say this but YES! They are overrated on defense AND offense. Why? Age,injuries, and predictable plays. Half of the defensive players are pass their prime and should have retired. Also, the Steelers should learn from the Patriots (cycle out burned out players while winning to maintain a playoff caliber team). The Steelers need a new defensive scheme (look at what the Falcons did to Denver when shifting the defensive line). The defensive line gets NO pressure on quarterbacks. Carson looked like Peyton Manning last week. The defensive backs concentrate on hitting instead of interceptions TOO MUCH. That's why everyone gets a concussion back there. Play the ball, PLEASE!! The the offensive line and running backs should all be SHIPPED OFF THE FIELD! They are an embarrassment to the Steelers uniform. The only productive players are BEN and the RECEIVERS. Oh, and the kickers! I'm sure the 1970's Steeler team members are disgusted about now. It's time to clear the roster out start anew.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Steelers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steelers Beat Bengals 42-21, Make AFC North a Race Dec 7 Pete 2
Stop Racism Nov 30 Mark 1
Akeem Glaspie: Blount saga bad reflection on th... Nov 30 Jew 2
NFL Nation Midseason MVP: Tom Brady Nov '14 Alan 13
Source: Postgame profanity costs Rex $100K Nov '14 Diaphorous 1
One day Tomlin will be gone. Nov '14 Mike 2
get rid of tomlin Nov '14 Mike 2
More from around the web