John Smallwood: With Vick injured yet...

John Smallwood: With Vick injured yet again, it's unwise to think he'll be sharp for opener

There are 7 comments on the Philly.com story from Aug 25, 2012, titled John Smallwood: With Vick injured yet again, it's unwise to think he'll be sharp for opener. In it, Philly.com reports that:

Let's be realistic. Michael Vick is not Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

#1 Aug 26, 2012
This is from the article, and from a Philly sports reporter no less:

Coach Andy Reid said Vick will be the starter when the Eagles open the season at Cleveland on Sept. 9.

Vick said he is "doing good, feeling better" and will be ready.

It doesn't matter.

The one thing we can be reasonably sure of is that Vick wil get hurt again and miss some games.

And even if he manages to stay healthy for all 16 games for only the second time in his 10-year NFL career, the current injury he is working through could already have contributed to the derailment of the Eagles' Super Bowl chances.

If we really want to be realistic about this, we know Vick will not be sharp at the start of the season.

If events continue on their current trajectory, Vick will enter the opener against the Browns having thrown only seven passes in preseason games and been on the field for only 12 plays.

Only the most wide-eyed optimist would credibly argue that is enough preseason action for Vick to be prepared to start the season.
Vick Hater

Sacramento, CA

#2 Aug 26, 2012
The only thing sharp about Vick is the thing between his ears that lacks a brain!
Can't wait for his next injury..I'm hoping to see his helmet rolling down the field with his head in it!..Now that would be a worth while injury!!!
Vickstain

United States

#4 Aug 27, 2012
This is making me fart....

“You can't hide”

Since: Aug 12

Atlantic Beach, FL

#6 Aug 27, 2012
Vick Hater wrote:
The only thing sharp about Vick is the thing between his ears that lacks a brain!
Can't wait for his next injury..I'm hoping to see his helmet rolling down the field with his head in it!..Now that would be a worth while injury!!!
Damn hater, all Jim does is copy and paste an article and you are right there to lap on his ballsack.
You have to understand, Jim is big on "guilty by association" regardless of the facts, and he hates to look stupid. That's why he won't associate with you.
Vickstain

United States

#7 Aug 27, 2012
...farting...

“You can't hide”

Since: Aug 12

Atlantic Beach, FL

#8 Aug 28, 2012
Damn Jimmy, where's your little brown noser been all day ? I'm sure he'll be by to lap your ballsack over your new posts sooner or later.
Vickstain

United States

#9 Aug 29, 2012
Cheese...cutting it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Eagles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eagles RB DeMarco Murray led the NFL in rushing in Jul 17 Fart news 2
News Philadelphia Eagles Position Breakdown: Wide Re... Jul 13 tom wingo 2
News Ex-quarterback McNabb arrested again on suspici... Jul 7 Fart news 2
News What's Wrong with Evan Mathis? Jul 6 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Eagles' Kelce blasts Giants punter's QB shots Jun '15 Hike the farts 2
News Bills McCoy says he's done talking about ex-coa... Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Sanchez says his comments about Tebow were misc... Jun '15 Tanked Johnson 1
More from around the web