Eagles QB Vick Says Critics "Know Nothing About Football"

There are 20 comments on the NFL GridIron Gab story from May 18, 2013, titled Eagles QB Vick Says Critics "Know Nothing About Football". In it, NFL GridIron Gab reports that:

Michael Vick is clearly tired of answering questions about how he's not good enough at reading NFL defenses, Sheil Kapedia of Phillymag.com reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NFL GridIron Gab.

genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

#1 May 20, 2013
mike vick calling others ignorant?
priceless!
lasted,12 yrs in nfl,with a two yr."sabbatical" in fed.prison.Ten yrs. without any superbowls,and barely making one post season playoff.
he is as dumb as a brain dead monkey.(sorry simian lovers.)
LMAO BIGTIME!
Silent Echo

United States

#3 May 20, 2013
D S Day wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone says you're stupid, you never miss a chance to prove it. LMAO !!
Actually, no, a quarterback (leader of the team, is judged by results. Mikey Vick was, at best, a highlight film player, never a real winner in the sense of the word he never won the big one. Yes I know that he beat an overage Green Bay team in Green Bay, however, history proved that Green Bay was a team in transition with no real chance to advance as the coach, owners and quarterback were not on the same page as far as the future. Mikey is mostly over as a front line quarterback and I believe he was ranked out of the top 20 last year. Philly is only using him as a transition player waiting to get their REAL quarterback via trade or draft.
just do it

Northampton, PA

#4 May 20, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, a quarterback (leader of the team, is judged by results. Mikey Vick was, at best, a highlight film player, never a real winner in the sense of the word he never won the big one. Yes I know that he beat an overage Green Bay team in Green Bay, however, history proved that Green Bay was a team in transition with no real chance to advance as the coach, owners and quarterback were not on the same page as far as the future. Mikey is mostly over as a front line quarterback and I believe he was ranked out of the top 20 last year. Philly is only using him as a transition player waiting to get their REAL quarterback via trade or draft.
Do you know how many QB go through their career and never win the big one. If that were the benchmark of a great QB, I guess Marino wasn't great either.
As much as you haters don't want to believe it, Vick never had a SB team around him. Prove me wrong.
Silent Echo

United States

#5 May 20, 2013
just do it wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many QB go through their career and never win the big one. If that were the benchmark of a great QB, I guess Marino wasn't great either.
As much as you haters don't want to believe it, Vick never had a SB team around him. Prove me wrong.
Actually the problem was that none of the teams Vick started for had a SB quarterback leading them, Prove ME wrong.
just do it

Northampton, PA

#6 May 20, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the problem was that none of the teams Vick started for had a SB quarterback leading them, Prove ME wrong.
That's an asinine statement. One player never has or ever will make a TEAM. Let alone a super bowl team. Prove that wrong.
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

#7 May 21, 2013
just do it wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an asinine statement. One player never has or ever will make a TEAM. Let alone a super bowl team. Prove that wrong.
as much fun as it is discussing his decline as a overrated overpaid qb;he truly was a hilite phenom; nothing more.Atlanta booed him, because of his lack of productivity,continual injury benching($ome real,most not!)
like I said,always fun dissecting his "never quite made much of himself" profile; but he will always be remembered as the coward who enjoyed brutalizing animals; there his legacy ends.
now go treat youself to a v7 redemption shirt,idiot!
Silent Echo

United States

#8 May 21, 2013
just do it wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Quarterback of the team is the leader, the only person, with exception of the center, who touches the ball on every play, the only person with the ability to change plays in the huddle and at the line. No one player does make a superbowl team, however, one quarterback of questionable ability to run a team with below average stats and is now injury prone can be counted on to captian a consistent winner. Mikey Vick will go down as a great athlete, a person who gave three of his most productive years away because of criminal activity and has had average or below average stats for his career.
just do it

Northampton, PA

#9 May 21, 2013
genevalove wrote:
<quoted text>
as much fun as it is discussing his decline as a overrated overpaid qb;he truly was a hilite phenom; nothing more.Atlanta booed him, because of his lack of productivity,continual injury benching($ome real,most not!)
like I said,always fun dissecting his "never quite made much of himself" profile; but he will always be remembered as the coward who enjoyed brutalizing animals; there his legacy ends.
now go treat youself to a v7 redemption shirt,idiot!
Again, called an idiot by someone who can't even spell "yourself". Typical ignorance and hypocrisy of the common vick hater.
Let's start with "injury benching($ome real,most not".
I've asked the other moron to prove that several times (including 2 days ago) and he's ducked it every single time. Why don't you prove that statement or prove you're just another lying POS.
just do it

Northampton, PA

#10 May 21, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Quarterback of the team is the leader, the only person, with exception of the center, who touches the ball on every play, the only person with the ability to change plays in the huddle and at the line. No one player does make a superbowl team, however, one quarterback of questionable ability to run a team with below average stats and is now injury prone can be counted on to captian a consistent winner. Mikey Vick will go down as a great athlete, a person who gave three of his most productive years away because of criminal activity and has had average or below average stats for his career.
You can say it as many times as you want, but it doesn't make it true. If you honestly believe Vick couldn't have won super bowls with a REAL all-around team like NE there's no making you see reality.

This part of your post:

"however, one quarterback of questionable ability to run a team with below average stats and is now injury prone can be counted on to captian a consistent winner.."

Is all about from today on. I didn't need your explanation for that, as it's very obvious. We were supposed to be talking about his career up til now.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#12 May 21, 2013
just do it wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how many QB go through their career and never win the big one. If that were the benchmark of a great QB, I guess Marino wasn't great either.
Not to mention Dan fouts, Fran tarkenton, warren moon, Randall Cunningham, boomer esiason, Jim Kelly. While superbowls are a huge benchmark, its is not the end all to being a great qb. Sometimes there is not enough help on a team

vacaville

#13 May 21, 2013
just do it wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how many QB go through their career and never win the big one. If that were the benchmark of a great QB, I guess Marino wasn't great either.
I guess that makes Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson great....lol
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

#14 May 21, 2013
just do it wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, called an idiot by someone who can't even spell "yourself". Typical ignorance and hypocrisy of the common vick hater.
I've asked the other moron to prove that several times (including 2 days ago) and he's ducked it every single time. Why don't you prove that statement or prove you're just another lying POS.
how many "injuries" THAT START OUT AS BROKEN THROWING HAND, BROKEN NON THROWING HAND, bit tongue!!!!! END UP BEING bULLSHIT?????":
AS BOGUS AS VICK
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

#15 May 21, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention Dan fouts, Fran tarkenton, warren moon, Randall Cunningham, boomer esiason, Jim Kelly. While superbowls are a huge benchmark, its is not the end all to being a great qb. Sometimes there is not enough help on a team
AND NOT ONE OF THESE qbS GOT OFF ON STRANGLING, ELECTROCUTING DOGS
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

#16 May 21, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
AND STILL YEAR AFTER YEAR, Vick is "the winner of most detested man in sports"
GO OOKIE!!!!

vacaville

#17 May 21, 2013
genevalove wrote:
<quoted text>AND NOT ONE OF THESE qbS GOT OFF ON STRANGLING, ELECTROCUTING DOGS
That has nothing to do with the point that was trying to be made
Silent Echo

United States

#18 May 21, 2013
just do it wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most ignorant SOBs you do not understand that you can not quantify or prove something that has not happened. Typical Pa. idiot. I once spent the day in Camden NJ and asked the owner of the business (was at the base of the Walt Whitman Bridge) why Camden was such a crap hole, he stated it was the Philly influence.
just do it

Northampton, PA

#19 May 21, 2013
genevalove wrote:
<quoted text>
how many "injuries" THAT START OUT AS . OKEN THROWING HAND, BROKEN NON THROWING HAND, bit tongue!!!!! END UP BEING bULLSHIT?????":
AS BOGUS AS VICK
What a shock, you're wrong again. Broken hand... trainer's call. They said it was broken on the sideline. Not vick. Bit tongue... also a concussion. And by the way, he didn't want to come out of that game. In fact, he didn't even want to come off the field. A defender from the other team called for trainers and admitted later that he was doing everything he could because he didn't want to face vick.
Look things up once in a while instead of lying. You'll look far less stupid. Maybe.
just do it

Northampton, PA

#20 May 21, 2013
genevalove wrote:
<quoted text>
AND NOT ONE OF THESE qbS GOT OFF ON STRANGLING, ELECTROCUTING DOGS
And there it is !! Proof positive of what I said yesterday. You people will NEVER be able to judge vick on his talent alone. Your prejudice opinion will never allow it, so stop wasting people's time by trying to do it. You're football idiots, just like the article says.
just do it

Northampton, PA

#21 May 21, 2013
Silent Echo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most ignorant SOBs you do not understand that you can not quantify or prove something that has not happened. Typical Pa. idiot. I once spent the day in Camden NJ and asked the owner of the business (was at the base of the Walt Whitman Bridge) why Camden was such a crap hole, he stated it was the Philly influence.
Typical of the loser vick haters. No proof of anything you said (which, whether you think so or not, can be proven) so you start with BS about Philly. Maybe you didn't notice that I'm not from Philly ? But I know you idiots don't mind making yourselves look stupid. Please continue.
just do it

Northampton, PA

#22 May 21, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go. Perfect examples. Now watch the haters ignore them. Reality isn't something they like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Eagles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tim Tebow officially signs one-year contract wi... May 11 stewart scott 32
News McCoy: Kelly Got Rid Of 'All The Good Black Pla... May 7 tom wingo 10
News Why Eagles Made Great Choice Signing Tebow Apr 24 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Report: Eagles Sign Tim Tebow Apr '15 tom wingo 19
News Family wins back seized gold coins that could b... Apr '15 tom wingo 4
News Broncos Agree To Terms With Tight End James Casey Apr '15 Abe Addison Hattin 1
News RB McCoy: Eagles' Kelly doesn't respect stars Apr '15 Astrologist Chip 1
More from around the web