Mailbag: Should Oakland deal McFadden?

Mailbag: Should Oakland deal McFadden?

There are 6 comments on the ESPN story from Dec 19, 2012, titled Mailbag: Should Oakland deal McFadden?. In it, ESPN reports that:

Midweek mail call: Niko from Lake Villa, Ill., wants to know if I think the Raiders could get a second- or third-round draft choice for running back Darren McFadden in the offseason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#1 Dec 19, 2012
answer is YES! look, it's obvious mcfadden does not fit g knapp's (zbs)! yea, they've tampered with the scheme and dmac has excelled good enough to make it for next season. BUT? we have mike goodson and stewart and t jones. not that any of those are going top make it back next season but goodson and reece have been holding up the fort. dmac is an excellent player to have and can do damage in the right system. the problem is his injury. question here was can other teams deal with his injury "unquote". can they? i'm sure there is plenty of teams will give him the benefit of the doubt! that said?, TAKE HIM! we can trade him for at least a couple of picks"hopefully". we're done with him and his injury. we love him. but we're done! this team is rebuilding and he would have been the best thing to keep around to teach others. why hasn't he taught the guys we have here today? listen, he's done here and we gotta move on. we need fresh legs with a new guy. A NEW NAME WE CAN CHEER FOR!
hard to let go but, it is what it is!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Darkside

South San Francisco, CA

#2 Dec 20, 2012
You sound like your despert gm has to go remember he gos with his gut feeling when I heard that I new we were done for along long time

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#3 Dec 20, 2012
dmac has shown a lot! and a lot of nothing through injury as well. when healthy, he's great. when playing through greg knapp's scheme? he sucks big time. it's almost certain g knapp will be back to coach the (O). i believe g knapp can't trust mcfadden to run his scheme. so, just on the fact that dmac and g knapp don't combine together? one has to go. "hopefully it's g knapp". but if by chance al saunders ends up taking over for g knapps firing? mcfadden needs to have another year to redeem himself and prove worthy of, and prove he can play injury free for most of the season. I LIKE MCFADDEN. but i'm starting to think he may not be worthy of keeping around. why should we, when reece and goodson play just as good or better? WITH gnapp's scheme? that also means if we do fire g knapp, i bet goodson and reece excell big time and we can at least get extra picks for mcfadden through trade. "we need" extra picks here for the "new era RAIDERS". and A NEW offensive coordinator!

RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#4 Dec 20, 2012
when did dmac get drafted here? 08? i think we got one good year out of him? not a "full year" but good enough.
08 499yds
09 357yds
10 1,157yds
11 614
12 617
do you guys think we will get a thousand out of him? not with g knapp and not next year either because of injury.
we were supposed to see great things happen with the (qb) that we have and the (rb) that we have together. this was the year! blame it on knapp, blame it on the line, dmac is supposed to find the hole to run through. when not available? run around! maybe if we keep him he will take marcel reece's place?
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#5 Dec 21, 2012
Test the "Bigger Fool Theory"
Trade him to the JETS for a bevy of draft picks

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#6 Dec 21, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Test the "Bigger Fool Theory"
Trade him to the JETS for a bevy of draft picks
nah, hell no! we are not gonna get into no trade deals with the jets! then they're gonna try to pond tebow on us as part of a trade deal. heill no!
RAIDERS 2012!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Raiders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
june RAIDER newss 7 hr RAIDER MISTERIO OG 99
june NFL news 8 hr RAIDER MISTERIO OG 131
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Jun 24 tour and travel 33
News Does PFF's 11-5 prediction amount to Raiders be... Jun 9 Laughing Bear Fan 2
May RAIDERS News May 31 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 123
nfl MAY news May 31 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 204
News Report: Ronnie Lott and Rodney Peete are trying... May '16 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
More from around the web