Asomugha agrees to deal with NFC power

Apr 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KARE-TV Minneapolis

Nnamdi Asomugha will receive more from the Philadelphia Eagles not to play for them this season than he will get from the San Francisco 49ers to don their uniform.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Apr 5, 2013
mike f

Elizabeth, NJ

#1 Apr 2, 2013
Good luck in San Fran asomugha chasing the sb dream will root for you but won't be happy if they did win one with him

Since: Mar 13

United States

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Im not rootin for anyone not dressed in silver n black.......most def not the FRUITY NINERS.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Great pick up for my 9ers. Low risk, high reward.
The Autumn Wind wrote:
Im not rootin for anyone not dressed in silver n black.......most def not the FRUITY NINERS.
Haters will hate. Hasn't got you and your team too far lately has it?
touchdowntimmybr own

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Apr 3, 2013
how can you say low risk? he was a complete flop in the zone scheme in philly,, and although 9ers play a different kind of zone defense, it's still a zone. nnamdi was great as a raider bc at the time we were all man coverage, which he thrived at. if 9ers can adapt to his style and put him in position to bump and run, he will be good. but if he gets stuck in more zone like packages, he's proven to struggle in that scheme over and over. so i wouldn't necessarily say "low risk, high reward".
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#5 Apr 3, 2013
touchdowntimmybrown wrote:
how can you say low risk? he was a complete flop in the zone scheme in philly,, and although 9ers play a different kind of zone defense, it's still a zone. nnamdi was great as a raider bc at the time we were all man coverage, which he thrived at. if 9ers can adapt to his style and put him in position to bump and run, he will be good. but if he gets stuck in more zone like packages, he's proven to struggle in that scheme over and over. so i wouldn't necessarily say "low risk, high reward".
<quoted text>
Low risk meaning they are barely paying him a dime for what he can ultimately bring to the table which can be tremendous and that translates to high reward.

Yea, Nnamdi messed up in Philly but be truthful with yourself, WHO IN Philly DIDN'T blow coverages and take pays off and struggle or go out for the season making it tougher on the ones left standing? The entire team collectively failed so for anyone to try and make one man shoulder the blame is ludicrous and completely unfair.
touchdowntimmybr own

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Apr 3, 2013
I'm not putting it all on him, but you're right. the safeties were especially bad, but if you look at burn percentages and his individual performance, it's not good in that zone scheme. but yeah, price wise vs. potential talent makes more sense. i kind of read that the other way around.
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Low risk meaning they are barely paying him a dime for what he can ultimately bring to the table which can be tremendous and that translates to high reward.
Yea, Nnamdi messed up in Philly but be truthful with yourself, WHO IN Philly DIDN'T blow coverages and take pays off and struggle or go out for the season making it tougher on the ones left standing? The entire team collectively failed so for anyone to try and make one man shoulder the blame is ludicrous and completely unfair.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#7 Apr 3, 2013
I'm not putting it all on him, but you're right. the safeties were especially bad, but if you look at burn percentages and his individual performance, it's not good in that zone scheme. but yeah, price wise vs. potential talent makes more sense. i kind of read that the other way around.
<quoted text>
No problem man. Plus he's a west coast guy and the 9ers are solid from upper management to lowest field maintenance employee while Philly were in complete disarray with Andy Reid's son dying and crazy expectations etc. It was just a bad year or two there in Philly for all involved.
Captain Canada

Brandon, Canada

#8 Apr 3, 2013
49'ers were my pick to win it all last year about midway through the season, and "fell" one play short. I wouldn't mind seeing Nnamdi win one with them (if it can't be with the Raiders). He was a class act in Oakland.

United States

#9 Apr 3, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
IM not hating,just not rooting for him or your fruity team. And your team IS JUST NOW BEING RELEVANT AGAIN.

“Justice always prevails”

vacaville

#10 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>how can you say low risk? he was a complete flop in the zone scheme in philly,, and although 9ers play a different kind of zone defense, it's still a zone. nnamdi was great as a raider bc at the time we were all man coverage, which he thrived at. if 9ers can adapt to his style and put him in position to bump and run, he will be good. but if he gets stuck in more zone like packages, he's proven to struggle in that scheme over and over. so i wouldn't necessarily say "low risk, high reward".
49ers have not played a One heavy scheme since they changed d coordinators 2 seasons ago. They are a man/press defense. He is low risk because they are only paying him 1.5 million for 1 season.

United States

#11 Apr 4, 2013
Captain Canada wrote:
49'ers were my pick to win it all last year about midway through the season, and "fell" one play short. I wouldn't mind seeing Nnamdi win one with them (if it can't be with the Raiders). He was a class act in Oakland.
I take it your favorite team is a CFL team??
Captain Canada

Hartney, Canada

#12 Apr 5, 2013
The Autumn Wind wrote:
<quoted text>I take it your favorite is a CFL team??
Nope. My favorite team for the past 30 years has been the Raiders. Just being honest.

United States

#13 Apr 5, 2013
Captain Canada wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. My favorite team for the past 30 years has been the Raiders. Just being honest.
Don't want to seem like a jerk,its just horrible hearing Raider fans rooting for the Fruity Niners.See im born and raised in the BAY AREA,...Oakland,Ca and its a different setting than most think. More then half my fam are whinersso imagine the get togethers!! Other half bleed Silver n Black!!

“Justice always prevails”

vacaville

#14 Apr 5, 2013
The Autumn Wind wrote:
<quoted text>Don't want to seem like a jerk,its just horrible hearing Raider fans rooting for the Fruity Niners.See im born and raised in the BAY AREA,...Oakland,Ca and its a different setting than most think. More then half my fam are whinersso imagine the get togethers!! Other half bleed Silver n Black!!
There's a difference from rooting for a team and logically picking them to win. In my case I root and pick my 49ers to go all the way!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Raiders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Brady not wearing a Patriots uniform? Brace... 2 hr Soon 2B 49ers fan 3
seahawks @ RAIDERS 3 hr RAIDER MISTERIO OG 31
Raiders' Mark Davis confirms meeting with San A... 8 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 36
Raiders' Brice Butler battles for roster spot 14 hr RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
Oakland RB Sheets out for year 14 hr RAIDER MISTERIO OG 9
5 Worst Teams In NFL Heading Into 2014 Season 15 hr Flatulence Fred 21
Jaguars fourth on least desirable list 20 hr Flatulence Fred 6
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000