Breaking down Rolando McClain's situa...

Breaking down Rolando McClain's situation

There are 2 comments on the ESPN story from Jun 1, 2012, titled Breaking down Rolando McClain's situation. In it, ESPN reports that:

He has not played up to par for being the No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 draft and he is facing 180 days in an Alabama jail after he was recently convicted of an assault while using a gun last fall while he was away from the team to attend a family funeral.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

H Commet its me

Midlothian, TX

#1 Jun 2, 2012
Allen seems to be more up to par on the modern NFL defensive play, so I think McClain will play like the player he was expected to be. Chuck Bresnahan could make a bunch of Pro Bowlers look bad. Our defense was decent with John Marshall. We just need to blitz more...I don't understand why Al Davis was so opposed to it?

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Jun 2, 2012
Al Davis always expected his front 4 to get past the line of scrimage without having to bring a LB.

As for McClain, the jail time may be just what he needs to get his act together if he truely is guilty. He has requested a trial by jury, so we don't know for sure if he really is or not. Allen & Tarver were both impressed that he was up to par when he finally made it to the OTAs after tending to his legal issues, so they may or may not part with him. He's definatly facing dicipline from the NFL once it's all said and done. However, everything I've seen only shows that if anything he'd be guilty by association. I really think they need to look at bringing in a veteran to fill the void just in case he has to spend this season in jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Raiders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) 5 hr Fart news 179
NFL february reports. 7 hr RAIDER MISTERIO OG 34
superbowl 50 9 hr RAIDER MISTERIO OG 24
february raider reports ! Sat RAIDER MISTERIO OG 26
News Super Bowl 50 Party: Reggie McKenzie, other Rai... Feb 4 Fart news 2
News NFL: Rice runs autographs for Landry at Pro Bow... Feb 1 Fart news 2
january RAIDER news Feb 1 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 84
More from around the web