Raiders, Broncos surge, Chargers flail

Raiders, Broncos surge, Chargers flail

There are 13 comments on the ESPN story from Nov 21, 2011, titled Raiders, Broncos surge, Chargers flail. In it, ESPN reports that:

This is the time of the season when teams show if they are ready to stay in the playoff race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#1 Nov 21, 2011
it feels good to be on top of the afc west! but, we have some homework to do! our players are getting injured, we have to fix penaties and stop the run (maybe by injuring another player)? and what else? score more? my main concern? chuck bresnehan! he may have been something of the past?
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!
Liberal BLUMPKIN

Menifee, CA

#2 Nov 21, 2011
its good football and is anybodys division.It should come down to the lsat week.

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#3 Nov 21, 2011
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
it feels good to be on top of the afc west! but, we have some homework to do! our players are getting injured, we have to fix penaties and stop the run (maybe by injuring another player)? and what else? score more? my main concern? chuck bresnehan! he may have been something of the past?
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!
In the past may I remind you, he had a one man show on the front line named Rod Coleman. Opponents would try to contain him and free up smart vets like Trace Armstrong and John Parella to make plays plus youngster Tony Bryant. Plus he had a Pro Bowl tandem of Corners named Eric Allen and Charles Woodson for the most part. Allen eventually retired and was replaced with Tory James who would later go on to represent Cincy in the Pro Bowl and we got Phillip Buchannon. Rod Woodson would later join our secondary as a safety and represent us in a pro bowl. Barton and Biekert were a set of Killer LBs.

Now he pretty much has a raw group to work with, but talented. All 3 of our LBs are former first round picks. Richard Seymour is a pro bowler. Tommy Kelly has been great for and undrafted guy and Desmond Bryant is really stepping up. Lito Shepherd's veteran presence is just what our secondary needed.
Raiderfaith

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2011
Agreed. Nicely stated!
Haleys Commet wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past may I remind you, he had a one man show on the front line named Rod Coleman. Opponents would try to contain him and free up smart vets like Trace Armstrong and John Parella to make plays plus youngster Tony Bryant. Plus he had a Pro Bowl tandem of Corners named Eric Allen and Charles Woodson for the most part. Allen eventually retired and was replaced with Tory James who would later go on to represent Cincy in the Pro Bowl and we got Phillip Buchannon. Rod Woodson would later join our secondary as a safety and represent us in a pro bowl. Barton and Biekert were a set of Killer LBs.
Now he pretty much has a raw group to work with, but talented. All 3 of our LBs are former first round picks. Richard Seymour is a pro bowler. Tommy Kelly has been great for and undrafted guy and Desmond Bryant is really stepping up. Lito Shepherd's veteran presence is just what our secondary needed.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5 Nov 22, 2011
Good for the Raiders, because the Chargers are so inept......wonder what the love affair with Norv Turner is all about, as i always thought, they were better off with Schottenheimer.....So much talent, and so little results.....

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#6 Nov 22, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
Good for the Raiders, because the Chargers are so inept......wonder what the love affair with Norv Turner is all about, as i always thought, they were better off with Schottenheimer.....So much talent, and so little results.....
schotttenheimer lost the superbowl and they fired him? crazy! but i think they fired him because of that reputation. well that love affair between torner and phillips looks to be splitting up! you see them arguing on the side lines a lot. word of norv turner not being back for next season is out there already. they say he's rough fights with his assistants. supposedly they don't care for him, players have the same feeling. and all these losses and no championships?, all adds up.
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#7 Nov 22, 2011
I think I agree with Chuck Bresnahan never was. He had talent to work with when he was with us before, but now the bunch he as to work with is raw, but talented.

I'm thinking that some of our bigger problems are that the officials are out to get us. Football is a contact sport and you are gonna get hit.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#8 Nov 23, 2011
It's not the officials, it's the team's discipline.....it's been going on for years....a menaceing aura is one thing, but stubbing your toe, perpetually is idiotic.....
Moorefarts

Katy, TX

#9 Nov 29, 2011
Never purchase a menacing Acura....
Adolpho Hiiiitler

Littleton, CO

#10 Nov 30, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
I'm thinking that some of our bigger problems are that the officials are out to get us.
I agree, they were out to get me too....
They are alll coming to get us
AAAAARRRGGHH
Noodle Arm

United States

#11 Dec 1, 2011
Adolpho Hiiiitler wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, they were out to get me too....
They are alll coming to get us
AAAAARRRGGHH
How is Eva Brownstain doing these day...that ho still owes me...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#12 Dec 1, 2011
Noodle Arm wrote:
<quoted text>
How is Eva Brownstain doing these day...that ho still owes me...
I though her name was
L Eva Brownstain
Or is that the dude from Seminole?
Ger Many

United States

#13 Dec 1, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I though her name was
L Eva Brownstain
Or is that the dude from Seminole?
No, that would Christy Ponder...I'm talking about Eva Browstain, the star of german WW2 throwback movie 'Panzer Pants Party'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Raiders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
june reports raiders 2 hr RAIDER MISTERIO OG 37
News Browns WR Pryor wants to give 'slash-player dea... 5 hr Fart in the Park 2
offseason nfl news Jun 26 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 157
News Pryor gets OK to return to Ohio State with Browns Jun 26 Drunk Kosar 3
News NFL | Browns will give Terrelle Pryor a shot at... Jun 23 Hatters gonna hatt 2
News Raiders' Khalil Mack adding weight, next is sac... Jun 12 tom wingo 2
News Oakland Raiders: Sebastian Janikowski has Jack ... Jun 4 tom wingo 2
More from around the web