Minnesota Vikings: Gerhart May Be No Adrian Peterson, but He's No Scrub Either

Jul 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

With Adrian Peterson 's knee and rehab still a concern for many Vikings fans, I thought I would take a quick look at the fellow who will fill in for him, Toby Gerhart.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2012
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Gerhart can start for any team in the NFL I know the packers could use him He so much better then there starting back He had a better AVG then Peterson last year 4.9 yards a carry Peterson was 4.7 & So no one will come back to me & say are you saying Gerhart is a better back then AD NO im not saying that I know GBPmies would try & twist my words, him & GBPfan So I am makng it clear lol
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

I hope he does good. The Vikings are gonna need him at some point!
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

I seen Toby play a few times when he was in collage. Gerhart is a good running back if he gets the snaps. A lot of people has forgot that he was the runner up for the the heisman trophy. the Guy can Play.
Harry

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

ezg357 wrote:
Gerhart can start for any team in the NFL I know the packers could use him He so much better then there starting back He had a better AVG then Peterson last year 4.9 yards a carry Peterson was 4.7 & So no one will come back to me & say are you saying Gerhart is a better back then AD NO im not saying that I know GBPmies would try & twist my words, him & GBPfan So I am makng it clear lol
Realistically.....AP will be ready MAYBE week 9. And its possible that his career has been shortened.

Soooooooooo..........Gerhart.

Is there another choice?

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

ezg357 wrote:
You have Gerhart's back but from my pre draft analysis he is closer to being an scrub then a staring NFL back.

I'll put it like this. If Tim Tebow were an NFL back he would be Toby Gerhart. Put your head down and run straight. Gerhart's problem with that style is he is injury prone.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

I'm so glad football talk is back.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Football talk was back ..... for 4 posts.
viking fan from 1968

Erwin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

If The vikings would have built an outdoor stadium and took advantage of what at one time was the best home field advantage in the nfl; Gerhart would be a huge factor. The modern regime is more interested in flash than a championship. If Ponder doesn't work out, the vikings will be the doormat of the nfc north for at least the next 5 years. We passed on impact players like Richardson and Claiborne to get help on the offensive line to keep him up staright. I hope this gamble pays off.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>You have Gerhart's back but from my pre he is closer to being an scrub then a staring NFL back.
I'll put it like this. If Tim Tebow were an NFL back he would be Toby Gerhart. Put your head down and run straight. Gerhart's problem with that style is he is injury prone.
Gerhart He was one of five finalists for the 2009 Heisman Trophy and finished in second place behind Mark Ingram Texas quarterback Colt McCoy was third and Florida’s Tim Tebow was fifth. In 2009, Gerhart had 1,871 rushing yards and 28 rushing touchdowns. Gerhart led the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision in rushing yards (1,871), rushing touchdowns (28), total touchdowns (28), and points scored (172 points. Gerhart rushed for over 100 yards in 11 of his 13 games in 2009 How Can You Call Gerhart a Scrub?
Gerhart Is one of the Top backs this year in fantasy football also. Wasnt it you & the so called draft analysis that liked Jahvid Best? He is what I would call a Scrub.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Yes I do enjoy talking football Preseason is almost here.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

My theory Everyone Cam Newton had 4,051 yards total Right & he had Steve Smith to throw to also. & Ponder had 1,853 yard in10 games Right say Ponder Played in all 16 games & had 250 yards a game throwing in each ok. Thats 1500 yards in 6 games, 250 yards a games isnt far fetched Right Now add that to Ponder's 10 game total thats 3,353 total yards. Now minus that toal from Newton's its a 698 yard differents. Steve Smith had 1,394 yards last season lets say the Panthers didnt have Smith & they had Michael Jenkins he had 466 total yards. Now minus Smith total yard off of Newton's That Give Newton 3,123 yards Now add on Jenkins 466 yard to that total. That adds to 3,589 total yards Minus that total from Ponder's total & its That 236 yards differents only. Numbers dont lie IT isnt far fetched. Ponder isnt near as bad as many makes him out to be.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

ezg357 wrote:
My theory Everyone Cam Newton had 4,051 yards total Right & he had Steve Smith to throw to also. & Ponder had 1,853 yard in10 games Right say Ponder Played in all 16 games & had 250 yards a game throwing in each ok. Thats 1500 yards in 6 games, 250 yards a games isnt far fetched Right Now add that to Ponder's 10 game total thats 3,353 total yards. Now minus that toal from Newton's its a 698 yard differents. Steve Smith had 1,394 yards last season lets say the Panthers didnt have Smith & they had Michael Jenkins he had 466 total yards. Now minus Smith total yard off of Newton's That Give Newton 3,123 yards Now add on Jenkins 466 yard to that total. That adds to 3,589 total yards Minus that total from Ponder's total & its That 236 yards differents only. Numbers dont lie IT isnt far fetched. Ponder isnt near as bad as many makes him out to be.
WTF! Who does math on Monday? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••