Patriots sign wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez

Mar 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MassLive.com

Gonzalez, 27, was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the first round of the 2007 draft out of Ohio State.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2012

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

A 2007 1st rounder from tOSU. Now you got caught my interest! But....

"A string of injuries, playing 11 games in 3 years, more of a slot receiver." This is about creating depth?

Watch your back Julian.

“Bull Ship”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Maybe if Brady can take off his fake prescription glasses he could put the ball on his numbers unlike the wide open Welker.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Bewitched wrote:
A 2007 1st rounder from tOSU. Now you got caught my interest! But....
"A string of injuries, playing 11 games in 3 years, more of a slot receiver." This is about creating depth?
Watch your back Julian.
Yeah. I kinda thought Gonzo's career was over. He had one good year, and then the wheels fell off. Hamstrings, ACL, shoulders, migraines, etc. He can't seem to stay healthy.

I wish him the best of luck, but...

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I kinda thought Gonzo's career was over. He had one good year, and then the wheels fell off. Hamstrings, ACL, shoulders, migraines, etc. He can't seem to stay healthy.
I wish him the best of luck, but...
My son met him on a golf course that's down your way. I think he called it the Phoenix Golf Links. Mike said Gonzo looks a lot bigger in real life than on the tv.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
My son met him on a golf course that's down your way. I think he called it the Phoenix Golf Links. Mike said Gonzo looks a lot bigger in real life than on the tv.
I think just about ALL football players look bigger when you or I are standing next to them, than they do when Dwight Freeney (or some other lineman) is.

It looks like the Patriots have come to the same conclusion that I have regarding Gonzo:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-05...

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
I think just about ALL football players look bigger when you or I are standing next to them, than they do when Dwight Freeney (or some other lineman) is.
It looks like the Patriots have come to the same conclusion that I have regarding Gonzo:
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-05...
The important signing was Gronkowski. Now, if only the Pats can reach an agreement with Welker. It's not looking good.

So, are you a Bronco fan now? Peyton was throwing pretty well down in Louisiana last night. I don't think the passing camp activities was broadcasted, but I'm a little curious as to how much mobility he has. I wish him the best after Indy cut him.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
The important signing was Gronkowski. Now, if only the Pats can reach an agreement with Welker. It's not looking good.
Hey Sam!

Yeah, I've been watching the Welker/Pats soap opera. Everybody knows the Pats don't overpay or overbook ANYBODY. At his age, he's lucky the Pats haven't already cut him. Should have taken the $9 mil/year when it was offered to him.

So, are you a Bronco fan now? Peyton was throwing pretty well down in Louisiana last night. I don't think the passing camp activities was broadcasted, but I'm a little curious as to how much mobility he has. I wish him the best after Indy cut him.
I don't think I'll be trading in my Colt's jerseys any time soon. I wish Manning the absolute best of luck (pardon the pun), but I'm not convinced of his durability. What will happen if he gets hit/sacked multiple times in a game? If he can reamin injury free, he's going to set a bunch of records. I think he wants to prove to the NFL that:

1. He's the best QB in the league
2. It doesn't matter what team he's on. He can excel anywhere.

I think the Colt's owner, Jim Irsay, did what he had to do, from a financial standpoint. When he cut Manning, he immediately freed up $28 mil. Between Manning and Luck, he would have had about $50 mil tied up in one position.

All I can say is, this kid Luck better be as good as advertised. Actually, I think he'll be fine. I expect his numbers to be close to Manning's rookie numbers. We're almost there. Just a couple more months...

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Hey TMD! Here is the scoop on Wes:

http://www.heraldnews.com/sports/x1052259685/...

I only hope that we don't eventually lose him.

On another subject ... do you think that Paterno's statue should come down?

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Bewitched wrote:
Hey TMD! Here is the scoop on Wes:
http://www.heraldnews.com/sports/x1052259685/...
I only hope that we don't eventually lose him.
It's obvious that Welker wants to stay with the Pats. It's also obvious that he realizes he doesn't have very many more 122-reception seasons. His career is in its latter stages (3-4 more years) and he wants to make as much as he can before it's over. Good luck with that with the Pats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New England Patriots Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Howe: Expect Tom Brady To Play At Least One Hal... 7 hr Zoo Bartender 13
Tom Brady is Impossible 13 hr Flatulence Fred 35
Peyton Manning is Better Than Brady, Says Talib Wed Flatulence Fred 308
5 New England Patriots on the Roster Bubble in ... Wed Flatulence Fred 3
Gisele Bundchen leads pack as world's highest p... Wed Flatulence Fred 6
Gronk in contact drills for 1st time since surgery Aug 19 Flatulence Fred 1
Image: 'A lot like Tom Brady' Aug 19 Flatulence Fred 7

Search the New England Patriots Forum:
•••
•••