Brady: No bite on bait

Oct 27, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston Herald

“It's hard to separate all the lies from the truth, or what's jealousy”

Thanks to Camera-gate, and their success the past half-dozen years, as well as the overwhelming manner in which the Patriots [ team stats ] have gotten off to a 7-0 start, there's been some backlash from ... via Boston Herald

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Oct 28, 2007
patsfan1111111

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2007

its only backlash if it affects you mentally. the patriots go about their business like i live my life-screw what anyone has to say, especially when they dont know all the facts. its ok to have an opinion but make it a respectable one. i cant fathom how many hours of film and sets of eyes have seen the games the patriots have played in the last six years, or how many players they pissed off by letting them go rather than give them superstar money but its extremely ignorant to think that with all that audience NOONE has said a word about cheating or thinking they were cheating until a tape that never got used was confiscated.
people, the tape never got viewed except by the nfl office AFTER the game. how can you call it cheating if it never got viewed?
for whatever reason that tape was going to be used, the fact remains it wasnt used and there are no other tapes that have been found. i know people out there have asked why goodell destroyed them so quickly. i believe the way he has run the nfl since taking over is that he destroyed a lot of tape that WAS allowed, to send a message that you cant break the rules on my watch and if you do im going to set you back a few steps. fair or unfair he is doing a heck of a job in setting the standard.
you cant go to jail for murder if the person you shoot doesnt die. so you cant be accused of cheating if you never use the information you were trying to obtain by breaking a rule.
someone somewhere would have brought this to light along time ago if the patriots were really cheating that bad. i would think mangini would have been the first to come out with that kind of knowledge if he had it before that game this year.
the fact will always remain that there are too many other relevant variables you have to account for to win a football game even if you know what defense is coming.
hey isnt that why teams study film tape? they look for tendancies of other teams in certain formations.
can you arrest a poker player for reading his opponent and knowing what he has? its your own fault if you give away your hand. and in football its your own fault if you let the other team know what you are going to do. they didnt need the signals. tom brady is like any other good qb past and present. he reads the defense and calls audibles if he sees one of those tendancies at the line of scrimmage.
hate all you want people but dont come with a bunch of accusations that dont make any sense. i havent heard anything like this about sean merriman getting suspended for steroids. the year before the chargers were 14-2 and had a devastating defense led by him. why arent we tainting those wins? oh yea marty ball is only good in the regular season. maybe if he won the superbowl last year we would be having this conversation about sean merriman and san diego.
its the same concept if you want me to flatter the cheating accusations. its one thing that gives you an unfair advantage but you still need 100 others to actually win the game.
if you are going to crucify the patriots for 6 years of good play then you have to be fair and crucify the chargers 14-2 season and you have to taint any win on any team that had anyone on it that was suspended for steroids. be fair even though the world isnt.
its funny, the image of the perfect team was given to them by the media and others around the league. they never asked for that image or said it was true. now the same people are taking that away and blaming the pats for portraying a false image.
when you speak to the media they turn it upside down and create something out of nothing.
then when the pats dont say anything about anything, and have been this way for a long time, they get accused of hiding something.
lose lose in the media but win win on the field. in the end thats all that matters.

MKM

Since: Apr 07

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2007

patsfan1111111 wrote:
its only backlash if it affects you mentally. the patriots go about their business like i live my life-screw what anyone has to say, especially when they dont know all the facts. its ok to have an opinion but make it a respectable one. i cant fathom how many hours of film and sets of eyes have seen the games the patriots have played in the last six years, or how many players they pissed off by letting them go rather than give them superstar money but its extremely ignorant to think that with all that audience NOONE has said a word about cheating or thinking they were cheating until a tape that never got used was confiscated.
people, the tape never got viewed except by the nfl office AFTER the game. how can you call it cheating if it never got viewed?
for whatever reason that tape was going to be used, the fact remains it wasnt used and there are no other tapes that have been found. i know people out there have asked why goodell destroyed them so quickly. i believe the way he has run the nfl since taking over is that he destroyed a lot of tape that WAS allowed, to send a message that you cant break the rules on my watch and if you do im going to set you back a few steps. fair or unfair he is doing a heck of a job in setting the standard.
you cant go to jail for murder if the person you shoot doesnt die. so you cant be accused of cheating if you never use the information you were trying to obtain by breaking a rule.
someone somewhere would have brought this to light along time ago if the patriots were really cheating that bad. i would think mangini would have been the first to come out with that kind of knowledge if he had it before that game this year.
the fact will always remain that there are too many other relevant variables you have to account for to win a football game even if you know what defense is coming.
hey isnt that why teams study film tape? they look for tendancies of other teams in certain formations.
can you arrest a poker player for reading his opponent and knowing what he has? its your own fault if you give away your hand. and in football its your own fault if you let the other team know what you are going to do. they didnt need the signals. tom brady is like any other good qb past and present. he reads the defense and calls audibles if he sees one of those tendancies at the line of scrimmage.
hate all you want people but dont come with a bunch of accusations that dont make any sense. i havent heard anything like this about sean merriman getting suspended for steroids. the year before the chargers were 14-2 and had a devastating defense led by him. why arent we tainting those wins? oh yea marty ball is only good in the regular season. maybe if he won the superbowl last year we would be having this conversation about sean merriman and san diego.
its the same concept if you want me to flatter the cheating accusations. its one thing that gives you an unfair advantage but you still need 100 others to actually win the game.
if you are going to crucify the patriots for 6 years of good play then you have to be fair and crucify the chargers 14-2 season and you have to taint any win on any team that had anyone on it that was suspended for steroids. be fair even though the world isnt.
its funny, the image of the perfect team was given to them by the media and others around the league. they never asked for that image or said it was true. now the same people are taking that away and blaming the pats for portraying a false image.
when you speak to the media they turn it upside down and create something out of nothing.
then when the pats dont say anything about anything, and have been this way for a long time, they get accused of hiding something.
lose lose in the media but win win on the field. in the end thats all that matters.
Excellent post!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••